What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Membership

yadamisha

Juniors
I completely get it - I think Bankwest is a great idea for the Dogs, Tigers and even Souths (obviously Parra too), but I just don't know that the distance - even for one season - would go down well with the lions share of the Cronulla fanbase? Like for how many people would the great facilities etc outweigh the distance facotr?
Too far for me - that's becomes TV. Kogarah I can hack for two years even though it is a massive downgrade in facilities.

carcharias

Immortal
The players did not want multiple grounds as a home ground hence Kogarah. I normally sit in upper ET and our new seats are exactly the same location as home with all the same people around us. Will actually be easier to get to Carlton than Woolooware by train for me.

yeah
I get that
I dont think you’ll get any real social supporters ( in numbers) going to Kogarah though.
I got seats up high somewhere.
Like I said though
if the games were double headers at BankWest
...only a couple....all Syd teams ... in a good time slot.
I’m sure people would go and the players would be keen

I'm really surprised I havent had any emails leading up to Christmas encouraging membership purchase, Perthgame ticket purchase or merch for Xmas present ideas.
NRL and a number of clubs have my email and haven't had anything. Seems despite everything clubs still arent being run as good commercial businesses.
I have had a heap of emails and offers from my SL club.
What do you expect, if people have money they will buy some RL stuff, I'm sure that's what the NRL and clubs think, i think like that. Encouraging ppl to spend money that haven't really got is wrong.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm really surprised I havent had any emails leading up to Christmas encouraging membership purchase, Perthgame ticket purchase or merch for Xmas present ideas.
NRL and a number of clubs have my email and haven't had anything. Seems despite everything clubs still arent being run as good commercial businesses.
I don't know about offers for membership, but I know I receive emails from the majority of NRL clubs, just through attendance at various grounds over the years. And I would say most, if not all, of those clubs have been sending emails right through til this week. Maybe you've dropped off some lists?

taipan

Referee
I'm not sure you understand the concept of marketing lol

I'm not sure your'e aware of the term disposable income. You can flog a horse, but if the trough is dry ,it "ain't " gonna move".Salaries and wages have grown little, yet every other utility like power.water, phone, rates has.Foxtel subs are struggling. I've cancelled this year ,saving nearly $1300 pa, which backs up utility increases.

Retailers are complaining now ,people are not spending this Christmas, despite all the advertising and discounts.
And the big unknown ,how many people in regional areas ,affected by drought and fires don't have the loot to buy merchandise, or memberships.

beave

Coach
I know NQ will finish up with 20k members, but f**k me the current numbers are worrying. Especially with the new stadium about to open.

I wish they’d hurry up and start selling game tickets for rd 1, i have flights and hotel rooms booked for Tvl but no game tickets. If i miss out on them, gonna be mega angry.

Eion

First Grade
Maybe they’ve read the shit you post in here.

Eion

First Grade
Sharks will be rubbish with the temporary home ground and no roll over memberships as a result.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Brisbane are hiding their results. I bet they're looking at a huge drop off compared to the same time last year after the season we had.
The press was bad enough, the week one finals was when the break compounded.

we are going to have a few "firsts in a while" this year unless we play well.

AJB1102

First Grade
What do you expect, if people have money they will buy some RL stuff, I'm sure that's what the NRL and clubs think, i think like that. Encouraging ppl to spend money that haven't really got is wrong.

People are gonna blow cash and buy rubbish, especially at Christmas. Any business not reminding those people about their range of crap is potentially missing out.

You don't have to buy crap just because someone advertises it. Given the popularity of stuff like AfterPay I don't think people need encouragement to spend money they haven't got.

Generalzod

Immortal
I'm not sure your'e aware of the term disposable income. You can flog a horse, but if the trough is dry ,it "ain't " gonna move".Salaries and wages have grown little, yet every other utility like power.water, phone, rates has.Foxtel subs are struggling. I've cancelled this year ,saving nearly $1300 pa, which backs up utility increases.

Retailers are complaining now ,people are not spending this Christmas, despite all the advertising and discounts.
And the big unknown ,how many people in regional areas ,affected by drought and fires don't have the loot to buy merchandise, or memberships.
Perth red thinks he know everything especially when it it comes to the Sharks.

Last edited: