What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just watched it again and got a better opinion of it.
I love Star Wars so I like the movie, but it just feels like a (non-Avengers) good Marvel movie, in that it’s enjoyable but nothing feels spectacular or epic like a Star Wars movie should. Even though there is epicness shown on screen, it doesn’t feel it.

I went to see it early this afternoon. All up I found it an entertaining movie, and to me that is what a movie should be - entertaining. It addressed the loose plot points like Rey's history and why she was strong in the force. It also addressed Snoke's background to an extent. To be honest it had a lot of work to do to fix up the stuff ups that Rian Johnson did to the over arcing story with The Last Jedi.

Yes it did cheapen Anakin to an extent, but to me, I blame that on TLJ for what Johnson did. He should have been kept away from the trilogy.

That said I compare the Rebellion v The Empire to WW1 whilst the Resistance v The First Order was WW2. The seeds for the second conflict were laid in the outcome of the first.

I also like how they incorporated Carrie Fisher into the movie and her subsequent death. Very much in character in my opinion.

jargan83

Coach
Went and saw it last night, thought it was alright. There were parts that I liked and parts that annoyed me as well.

The first half of the movie seemed to be JJ Abrams shitting on Ruin Johnson after the reverse happened in TLJ.

I agree with others that said there didn't seem to be any overarching plan for the sequel trilogy, love em or hate em but Marvel basically mapped out 19 odd movies overs 11 years with different directors being able to put their mark on the movie while still serving the the background elements that got the franchise to the Infinity War/Endgame.

Eelectrica

Referee
Saw it a couple of days ago. For me it was entertaining and that'a all I want.
It'a not the greatest movie ever, but certainly not the worst either.

I saw it in one of the new 4DX cinema's. Won't be doing that again. The moving seats were too jerky. Still happy that I've given it a go and the Star wars movie was as good as any to experience that.

Springs09

Juniors
Went and saw it last night, thought it was alright. There were parts that I liked and parts that annoyed me as well.

The first half of the movie seemed to be JJ Abrams shitting on Ruin Johnson after the reverse happened in TLJ.

I agree with others that said there didn't seem to be any overarching plan for the sequel trilogy, love em or hate em but Marvel basically mapped out 19 odd movies overs 11 years with different directors being able to put their mark on the movie while still serving the the background elements that got the franchise to the Infinity War/Endgame.

Well yes and no, there's nothing as silly as 'suddenly Palpatine is alive again' and there's a bare bones outline throughout phase 2 and 3 with the Infinity Stones and Thanos but there are so many inconsistencies, handwaves and retcons for it to be all mapped out from the beginning, which it wasn't.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Palps being alive again attacked the OT, and for me that is unforgivable. It’s bad enough making Leia a nothing character, it’s bad enough they turned Han into a dead beat dad and totally ruining his redemption arc from the OT. It’s bad enough that they turned Luke into a Hermit Loser coward who was going to kill his sleeping nephew. But to also ruin Vader’s redemption arc and made the Rebel alliances triumphs mean nothing.

Some shitty fan service and some FU’s to Ruin Johnson didn’t make up for the complete disaster that is the Disney trilogy. As far is I’m concerned it’s not even canon.

Eelectrica

Referee
How freakin fortunate was it that Rey stood in the perfect spot for the ancient Sith dagger to show the location of the wayfinder.

Or was that the force???

And the individual who made it should take a bow knowing that the shattered death star's erosion would match perfectly with it on the day Rey showed up.

Or was that the force???

I won't mention that she didn't even use that wayfinder anyway because her boyfriend shattered it.
The space magic was strong in this one.

Jack Deth

Juniors
Saw it last night and i thought it was terrible, only slightly better than the bag of shit The Last Jedi.

It seemed to be parts of episodes 4, 5 and 6 stitched together.

Only movies I have enjoyed since the OT have been Rogue One and Solo.

Last edited:

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
If Rey and Kylo can heal people after they have died. Then why couldn’t Anakin have done that with Padme?

Also it was really nice of the Emperor to let the Rebels know he was going to launch the attack in 48 hours

I actually thought the movie itself was entertaining but the story was ridiculous. This entire trilogy has been terribly planned. For all the faults TLJ had, atleast it had its own original ideas

bileduct

Coach
If Rey and Kylo can heal people after they have died. Then why couldn’t Anakin have done that with Padme?
Same reason they didn't blow up the death star by ramming it at lightspeed...

Also it was really nice of the Emperor to let the Rebels know he was going to launch the attack in 48 hours
Just as it was nice of the Emperor to tell Rey that he was tricking her into killing him so he could become more powerful.

Last edited: