What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brayden Williame

Gareth67

First Grade
He wears the 3 and plays on the left.

Unlike the Dragons who wear the 3 on the right and the 4 on the left...

Good Lawd Dragsters do you realize that you have just solved the riddle as to why we play so damn crappy ? McGregor has our players in jerseys that have the wrong number on them ! We therefore have backs performing as forwards and forwards as backs - we can only hope that Flanagan notices this and has the nouse to make the appropriate changes . :relaxed:

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors
Good Lawd Dragsters do you realize that you have just solved the riddle as to why we play so damn crappy ? McGregor has our players in jerseys that have the wrong number on them ! We therefore have backs performing as forwards and forwards as backs - we can only hope that Flanagan notices this and has the nouse to make the appropriate changes . :relaxed:
No if their playing out of position they don't know how to pass the ball left to right or vice versa

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I doubt Mitchell is leaving the Roosters because he wants more money. I am very confident Bennett will not be offering more than 800k. Mitchell is looking to play fullback and Tedesco already owns that position at the Roosters.

On the other hand, the Dragons have not yet settled on a fullback and as both Lomax and Mitchell are right centres wanting to play fullback, there is a possibility that Mitchell would be given the job if Lomax does not go well in the number 1 jumper or maybe Lomax is fine playing right centre to make way for Mitchell to play fullback.

I've already posted that I don't think Mitchell is psychologically in a good space and therefore a good fit for the Dragons. I also agree with other posters that he would be unlikely to be attracted to this club either financially or coach wise.

However, even if I'm wrong on both counts, SGI have obviously made certain assurances to Lomax to get him to sign up to a long term deal and a fair crack at FB is at the core of those promises. If SGI were to sign Mitchell, it would have to make the same assurances to him. We've seen at the Sharks with the rumoured fallout between the newly signed Ramien and Xerri how jealousies and resentment can destabilise a club- would it be worth it?

Belta

Juniors
My views are that Mitchell’s mental state is fine. I think he has a big ego and like a high percentage of modern day players realise how important it is to maximise his earnings especially when their in career best form. I think it was harsh his demotion in Origin but I suspect his personality (rightly or wrongly) played a part in his demotion.

Mitchell is a super talent, who floats in and out of games. He is a point of difference player that will win his side games when he is on song. ,
He will be seeking big bucks and second only to money will be the desire to join a winning team that are a genuine title contenders.

So in summary he won’t be coming within cooee of the Dragons, because as mentioned he is not a good fit, he is not a reserve grader, not over the hill and is not looking at retirement and will want to be in the lime light, especially at the business end of the season.

TruSaint

Referee
My views are that Mitchell’s mental state is fine. I think he has a big ego and like a high percentage of modern day players realise how important it is to maximise his earnings especially when their in career best form. I think it was harsh his demotion in Origin but I suspect his personality (rightly or wrongly) played a part in his demotion.

Mitchell is a super talent, who floats in and out of games. He is a point of difference player that will win his side games when he is on song. ,
He will be seeking big bucks and second only to money will be the desire to join a winning team that are a genuine title contenders.

So in summary he won’t be coming within cooee of the Dragons, because as mentioned he is not a good fit, he is not a reserve grader, not over the hill and is not looking at retirement and will want to be in the lime light, especially at the business end of the season.

Overall agree with this, but will add I think he has been poorly managed. Whoever is advising him or managing his contracts, should tell him to lay low and avoid controversy.

He also comes across as wanting to be in the spotlight, and to be honest whilst he is a game breaker, can also be a liability.

He wont be coming to us and thats fine by me. But he's also burning a lot of bridges with his ill informed attitude. Just my opinion.

Gareth67

First Grade
Overall agree with this, but will add I think he has been poorly managed. Whoever is advising him or managing his contracts, should tell him to lay low and avoid controversy.

He also comes across as wanting to be in the spotlight, and to be honest whilst he is a game breaker, can also be a liability.

He wont be coming to us and thats fine by me. But he's also burning a lot of bridges with his ill informed attitude. Just my opinion.

Agree Tru Saint , the finger is surely pointed at his management. The man is already at a premiership winning team , not once but two consecutive seasons , only a half wit would advise him to leave that club to seek a higher salary elsewhere with the likely end result being just another ‘ also - ran ‘ team . Mitchell must be rueing his - or his agent’s original decision to chase a bigger payday .

Belta

Juniors
Agree Tru Saint , the finger is surely pointed at his management. The man is already at a premiership winning team , not once but two consecutive seasons , only a half wit would advise him to leave that club to seek a higher salary elsewhere with the likely end result being just another ‘ also - ran ‘ team . Mitchell must be rueing his - or his agent’s original decision to chase a bigger payday .

You could be right jeopardising good money and success by leaving the Roosters appears ludicrous. Then again I suspect that most, (including the media) are not privy to what really goes on with players contracts, He may end up signing a long term contract with a huge third party arrangement deal. He could sign with a club that surpasses the Roosters. There could even be numerous other variables that occur and/or are kept behind closed doors.

LINESPEED

Juniors
14 pages about a signing from Catalan Dragons.
Impressive effort on our part and all about whether he can get a start.
A pox on all those at our club that have reduced are off season discussions to such low depths.

Yes, good luck in CC Brayden, with maybe a few cameos on the wing in NRL - NEVER in the centres though.
You’ll be able to look on in horror at McFail’s train wreck in the back 5 like the rest of us.

Last edited:

Dragonsamy

Bench
Honestly with Lomax moving to 1, id happily take Marsters back. Streets ahead of Aitken and has a ready made combination with Saab, a proper right centre with a great passing game, decent speed and good build. Watch him in the 9s for Cook Islands he was lethal. I know its a different game but his skill was really on show.

Forbes Marsters was told he wouldn't play fg that is why he left. Good kid he will go ok

Gareth67

First Grade
You could be right jeopardising good money and success by leaving the Roosters appears ludicrous. Then again I suspect that most, (including the media) are not privy to what really goes on with players contracts, He may end up signing a long term contract with a huge third party arrangement deal. He could sign with a club that surpasses the Roosters. There could even be numerous other variables that occur and/or are kept behind closed doors.

I do see your point Belta , however it was reported that the man was earning $800k per season at the chooks - not an amount to be sneezed at . The mere fact that the clubs whom were showing considerable interest in him have now backed away must be very worrying indeed .

To the supporters of the game the ultimate prize is and has always been that gleaming premiership trophy at seasons end , it’s most unfortunate that the agents main goal appears to be the almighty dollar and to achieve this they will go to any lengths with their ‘ stable ‘ of contracted players .

Whether that is indeed a good thing for Mitchell himself , only time will tell .

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
I've already posted that I don't think Mitchell is psychologically in a good space and therefore a good fit for the Dragons. I also agree with other posters that he would be unlikely to be attracted to this club either financially or coach wise.

However, even if I'm wrong on both counts, SGI have obviously made certain assurances to Lomax to get him to sign up to a long term deal and a fair crack at FB is at the core of those promises. If SGI were to sign Mitchell, it would have to make the same assurances to him. We've seen at the Sharks with the rumoured fallout between the newly signed Ramien and Xerri how jealousies and resentment can destabilise a club- would it be worth it?

Given the choice of Mitchell or Xerri, I’d take Xerri in a heartbeat.

Latest posts