What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Mr Spock!

Referee
I would guess "i want to be on you" but that other thing is kind of but not the love interest there.
I got this from the official transcript.

Finn to Rey:
"Do you know what would look good on you?"

Rey (perplexed) :
No, what?

Finn:
Me!

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I have to say, I pretty much hated it.

The Palpatine lineage is a bullshit, slapped together plot piece which serves very little purpose other than replacing Snoke as the central antagonist with Palpatine after he was killed off for.....reasons. Rey's parents have never been mentioned before in 8 prior movies, had zero character development and basically served as a deus ex machina for Rey's whole backstory. Her parents are no one.....Except when they are important, they're the heirs to the f**king Empire, they're just treated like nobody by incompetent writers. And I love that their brilliant plan to protect their daughter from harm is to abandon her to fend for herself on some dingy desert backwater planet. 10/10 parenting right there. Fmd.

Speaking of incompetent writers, Colin Trevorrow should never be allowed to touch Star Wars again, in any capacity. The bloke is clueless, and frankly so is Disney. If there ever was a "plan" for this trilogy, it was thrown out the window with Last Jedi and the response to it. They hit the panic button after Solo bombed, threw the baby out with the bathwater and left us with a muddled, nonsensical and pretty predictable ending that does everything it can to play it safe while cleaning up the mess left behind by Last Jedi. When General Hux turning Spy is the biggest surprise moment in your film.....I mean yeesh.

bileduct

Coach
I have to say, I pretty much hated it.

The Palpatine lineage is a bullshit, slapped together plot piece which serves very little purpose other than replacing Snoke as the central antagonist with Palpatine after he was killed off for.....reasons. Rey's parents have never been mentioned before in 8 prior movies, had zero character development and basically served as a deus ex machina for Rey's whole backstory. Her parents are no one.....Except when they are important, they're the heirs to the f**king Empire, they're just treated like nobody by incompetent writers. And I love that their brilliant plan to protect their daughter from harm is to abandon her to fend for herself on some dingy desert backwater planet. 10/10 parenting right there. Fmd.
What the f**k are you talking about dude?

Rey's parents were killed on Jakku by a bounty hunter who was sent to find her. She was left there because they hid her from the bounty hunter and then ended up kinda dead.

Speaking of incompetent writers, Colin Trevorrow should never be allowed to touch Star Wars again, in any capacity. The bloke is clueless, and frankly so is Disney. If there ever was a "plan" for this trilogy, it was thrown out the window with Last Jedi and the response to it. They hit the panic button after Solo bombed, threw the baby out with the bathwater and left us with a muddled, nonsensical and pretty predictable ending that does everything it can to play it safe while cleaning up the mess left behind by Last Jedi. When General Hux turning Spy is the biggest surprise moment in your film.....I mean yeesh.
Don't you mean JJ Abrams and Chris Terrio should never be allowed to touch Star Wars again? Trevorrow was fired by Kathleen Kennedy a f**king long time ago. Rise of Skywalker is Abram's turd.

saint.nick

Coach
Here's what I really wanna know. Why are there always these weird white merkins working for the Empire under Palpatine? What the actual f**k is their deal? What is so much more attractive to them about an Empire over a peaceful republic?

myrrh ken

First Grade
How freakin fortunate was it that Rey stood in the perfect spot for the ancient Sith dagger to show the location of the wayfinder.

Or was that the force???

And the individual who made it should take a bow knowing that the shattered death star's erosion would match perfectly with it on the day Rey showed up.

Or was that the force???

I won't mention that she didn't even use that wayfinder anyway because her boyfriend shattered it.

And how come the dagger is an ancient artefact when the Death Star blew up about 30 years prior?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Finally watched it today after umming and aghhing if I would even bother.

Glad that I did I actually quite enjoyed it.

I truly despised TLJ and thought this would be more of the same.

While it was far from perfect and sure there were some annoyances but overall I thought they did a pretty admirable job trying to resurrect some type of respectful conclusion to the trilogy, especially considering the mess they were left with after TLJ.

Thought the Rey/Ren storyline was well done, after the first two movies I honestly thought wtf is going on here.

myrrh ken

First Grade
What's the rule with Jedi disappearing when they die? Seems arbitrary.

Here's what I really wanna know. Why are there always these weird white merkins working for the Empire under Palpatine? What the actual f**k is their deal? What is so much more attractive to them about an Empire over a peaceful republic?

Empire seems to be made of whites and Rebels is like a United Colors of Bennetton ad

myrrh ken

First Grade
What the f**k are you talking about dude?

Rey's parents were killed on Jakku by a bounty hunter who was sent to find her. She was left there because they hid her from the bounty hunter and then ended up kinda dead.

But why couldnt palpatine jr use some lightning or something to fight off the bounty hunter? Surely he had some powers

Game_Breaker

Coach
I only just saw it because I wasn’t that interested in seeing it earlier

I thought it was an entertaining film but it did have its flaws
Definitely better than TLJ. They kept the story simple and made it easier to follow

Cheapened Vader’s sacrifice
Why not just have the emperor as a force ghost or something

Last edited:

YoHadrian

Juniors

I was laughing the entire time & showed this to my kids & they laughed as well.

The line "Stuff Just Happens" sums up the entire movie for me, I was eye rolling so much during this movie I'm surprised my eyes didn't fly out of my head, my kids were meh & bored about the whole thing, my wife actually feel asleep about a hour in & I left the theatre shaking my head about what a effing waste this particular trilogy was & the scattergun haphazard all of these latest movies were.

Oh well, at least The Mandalorian is actually well planned & executed. We're really enjoying it.

Generalzod

Immortal
I was laughing the entire time & showed this to my kids & they laughed as well.

The line "Stuff Just Happens" sums up the entire movie for me, I was eye rolling so much during this movie I'm surprised my eyes didn't fly out of my head, my kids were meh & bored about the whole thing, my wife actually feel asleep about a hour in & I left the theatre shaking my head about what a effing waste this particular trilogy was & the scattergun haphazard all of these latest movies were.

Oh well, at least The Mandalorian is actually well planned & executed. We're really enjoying it.
My opinion Disney made the movies just so they can recoup the money they spent buying Lucasfilm, the trilogy of films where a mismatch of shit.