What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Correct re Gagai, but I get the feeling from when we last upgraded AJ that he got an increase on that 350k, I thought he was more on 400-450k now?
No it has been stated that he is on $350k for 2020 - was on even less for 2018 and 2019. Plus there have been no discussions with Wests Tigers. Souths will not be saving much by pushing him out for 2020 as we are nearly into the 3rd month of 2020 contracts.

Rabbits20

Immortal
No it has been stated that he is on $350k for 2020 - was on even less for 2018 and 2019. Plus there have been no discussions with Wests Tigers. Souths will not be saving much by pushing him out for 2020 as we are nearly into the 3rd month of 2020 contracts.
I still think we will find a way to get Latrell here.

Also not to be rude at all but do you know where it was stated for 2020 that AJ is on 350k? I must’ve missed that.

handyman2190

Bench
If AJ and DG put their hand up to go because they want fullback and centre, then I'm sure no one would begrudge them of that chance. But when it comes down to getting pushed out, Doueihi is your man.
Quinny for once i disagree,douhi has played fearlessly and well at FB i dont want to lose him,AJ on the other hand who wants FB and isnt happy on the wing let him explore his options,if he isnt happy no use keeping him,gagai vs latrell,whos better? My book says latrell i say let him go

Rabbits20

Immortal
Also just on Murray I’m sure other clubs would offer him 1mil a season to close to it, how much do we think we’d have to pay him to keep him happy, let’s remember he’s 21 years old if I recall correctly and not at his peak yet and he does love Souths so much.

I’d hope he would re-sign/get upgraded to around 700k a season, 750k tops.

Then further on in a few years when he’s even better and our Captain then we could look at a little bit of a higher salary than that?

Knight will need to be upgraded too.

I guess we have to be careful with our cap and make sure we don’t pay overs as it can get you into a big mess!

Go Bunnies

Juniors
I still think we will find a way to get Latrell here.

Also not to be rude at all but do you know where it was stated for 2020 that AJ is on 350k? I must’ve missed that.
Sorry I do actually have contact with some of the players and that’s why I don’t quote figures unless I know the exact amount that’s why I said Gagai is on $600-$700k. Just because you read such and such is on this or offered this, it doesn’t mean that is the figure they are on.
In fact most players are on less than what the media states.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sorry I do actually have contact with some of the players and that’s why I don’t quote figures unless I know the exact amount that’s why I said Gagai is on $600-$700k. Just because you read such and such is on this or offered this, it doesn’t mean that is the figure they are on.
In fact most players are on less than what the media states.
Well do you think AJ would be happy to settle and stay on the wing for us, or does he wanna chase fullback elsewhere? I’ve heard off a source he wants to chase fullback elsewhere.

I’d love him to stay, but on the wing as seems to be the consensus with lots of Souths members.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Quinny for once i disagree,douhi has played fearlessly and well at FB i dont want to lose him,AJ on the other hand who wants FB and isnt happy on the wing let him explore his options,if he isnt happy no use keeping him,gagai vs latrell,whos better? My book says latrell i say let him go
I agree all round. If they want to go let them. I'm just throwing Doueihi in the mix before the other two.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Also just on Murray I’m sure other clubs would offer him 1mil a season to close to it, how much do we think we’d have to pay him to keep him happy, let’s remember he’s 21 years old if I recall correctly and not at his peak yet and he does love Souths so much.

I’d hope he would re-sign/get upgraded to around 700k a season, 750k tops.

Then further on in a few years when he’s even better and our Captain then we could look at a little bit of a higher salary than that?

Knight will need to be upgraded too.

I guess we have to be careful with our cap and make sure we don’t pay overs as it can get you into a big mess!
Well, right now I don't see a million. But he might get heaps better. I think he's an 800K player

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well, right now I don't see a million. But he might get heaps better. I think he's an 800K player
If we had to let go of a player on 600-700k like Gagai or not renew him after his contract expires I’d do it as long as it ties up Murray long term, that’s the most important thing right now.

Really Murray must’ve only been on peanuts say a year or 2 ago and now we are gonna have to find a fair amount of extra money for him! I’m sure we will find a way though so all parties are happy, Murray deserves it.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I wonder where @callmack1 is, he’s maybe away on a short holiday, he’s missing out on all this good chatter! Oh well I’m sure he will catch up when he comes back and will enjoy all this talk!
He will be around somewhere. Can you see why roosters had 800K on the table for Latrell? I can, he's dynamite. He's big, fast, try scoring truck and you can't push him over in defence.

Rabbits20

Immortal
He will be around somewhere. Can you see why roosters had 800K on the table for Latrell? I can, he's dynamite. He's big, fast, try scoring truck and you can't push him over in defence.
Hard to argue on that Pete lol, you’ve nailed it.

I’m confident we will get him and he may not be up to it right at start of the season if he comes, but I believe he can make a real go of it at fullback, that’s where he played in his junior days and lots said shhheeessshhhhhh who is this kid he’s a goodun so to speak!

Peter Quinn

Juniors
If we had to let go of a player on 600-700k like Gagai or not renew him after his contract expires I’d do it as long as it ties up Murray long term, that’s the most important thing right now.

Really Murray must’ve only been on peanuts say a year or 2 ago and now we are gonna have to find a fair amount of extra money for him! I’m sure we will find a way though so all parties are happy, Murray deserves it.
When you look at caps, the roosters can't possibly offer him a million. They'd have to let players go again and it would cause unrest in the camp for sure.