What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Rabbits20

Immortal
When you look at caps, the roosters can't possibly offer him a million. They'd have to let players go again and it would cause unrest in the camp for sure.
I’m not so sure Pete, they’re gonna have a play for him at some point and they’re main goal will be to make us pay high high dollars for him, that’ll be their aim, I’m certain of that.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I’m not so sure Pete, they’re gonna have a play for him at some point and they’re main goal will be to make us pay high high dollars for him, that’ll be their aim, I’m certain of that.
They don't write our cheques. It could very well be the other way around too. If they want him, they will have to fork out way over the million.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
When you look at caps, the roosters can't possibly offer him a million. They'd have to let players go again and it would cause unrest in the camp for sure.
On Doueihi, I'm not bagging him at all. I'm just saying I think if any one player has to go or be pushed, I'd vote him in before AJ and DG. Just my opinion.

Go Bunnies

Juniors
If we had to let go of a player on 600-700k like Gagai or not renew him after his contract expires I’d do it as long as it ties up Murray long term, that’s the most important thing right now.

Really Murray must’ve only been on peanuts say a year or 2 ago and now we are gonna have to find a fair amount of extra money for him! I’m sure we will find a way though so all parties are happy, Murray deserves it.
Exactly and Cookie also got a huge upgrade as he was on a low contract 2 seasons ago. Upgrading low contracts eats up a lot of the GI and Sam money.

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Also just on Murray I’m sure other clubs would offer him 1mil a season to close to it, how much do we think we’d have to pay him to keep him happy, let’s remember he’s 21 years old if I recall correctly and not at his peak yet and he does love Souths so much.

I’d hope he would re-sign/get upgraded to around 700k a season, 750k tops.

Then further on in a few years when he’s even better and our Captain then we could look at a little bit of a higher salary than that?

Knight will need to be upgraded too.

I guess we have to be careful with our cap and make sure we don’t pay overs as it can get you into a big mess!
If Jai Arrow is getting $700-$800k for 3-4 seasons, Murray deserves more.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
If Jai Arrow is getting $700-$800k for 3-4 seasons, Murray deserves more.
I have to say, I know very little about Jai Arrow. But I can tell you what I've been hearing over the last week he is a champion player and big things are expected of him. Money, well I don't know how much he's on, but around the 700-800 sounds right. Some of the players think he is a very good player. I suspect he will play front row and Murray lock. Lowe and someone else in second row. Maybe su'a or one of the others. I think it will be Knight-Cook-Arrow up front. Tom, Tatola, Armone bench. Not a bad bench if it is that.

callmack1

Staff member
I'm here guys, just had a busy day prepping for New Years.

In regards to Murray, there's not doubt almost every other club will be after him. I think everyone knows he is one of the best young forwards in the game and he will hopefully be a superstar in years to come if all goes well. So like Fifita, any club that doesn't at least make enquires about him is stupid. Souths need to keep that in mind and I'm sure they know that. But the thing is, they don't come much more South Sydney than Cam Murray. The guy grew up in the area, supported the club all his life and has apparently always dreamed of playing for the club. He will hopefully captain Souths one day. Therefore, I hope he'd never leave but it is a crazy world we live in and stranger things have happened in Rugby League. He'll certainly need an upgrade and he deserves one but hopefully we can pay less and keep him with a goal of upgrading further in the future if all goes well.

It'd be absolute madness to let Doueihi walk like some of you are suggesting. The kid is a mega talent! i think a lot of people forget that he was just thrown into the fullback role from Round 17 onwards in 2019. He had no experience there at all really. And look at what he achieved in that short space of time to the end of the Season! It was quite incredible. He's a massive talent.

I still maintain that letting AJ and/or Gags go to get Latrell is something I'll be all for!

More rumours off other forums from people that claim to have very reliable sources that Latrell will be here in the New Year. Who knows though?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
IF we manage to lose Murray to the Chooks then I will be on a jail sentence!

We could lose Murray to anybody. Clubs will throw the bank at him but hopefully because he’s a Souths junior and he’s openly said he wants to return South Sydney to it’s best then that’s enough for him to stay. I think Union is more of a concern than the Roosters. They always end up taking them back at some stage.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think without a doubt the clubs most important players going into the future are

Cook
Reynolds
Walker
Murray

They’re players we can build a premiership winning team around and should be locked up for the next 3 years with Murray probably more. Gagai was supposed to be a marquee player for the club and whilst he has played good games he adds no more value to the squad than Burns or Roberts. If I had to choose who to retain out of Gagai, AJ and Doueihi I’d be saying bye bye to Gagai and using that money for Murray. AJ and Doueihi have shown a lot more value for they’re earning and I think Doueihi will prove to be a very good NRL player.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I think without a doubt the clubs most important players going into the future are

Cook
Reynolds
Walker
Murray

They’re players we can build a premiership winning team around and should be locked up for the next 3 years with Murray probably more. Gagai was supposed to be a marquee player for the club and whilst he has played good games he adds no more value to the squad than Burns or Roberts. If I had to choose who to retain out of Gagai, AJ and Doueihi I’d be saying bye bye to Gagai and using that money for Murray. AJ and Doueihi have shown a lot more value for they’re earning and I think Doueihi will prove to be a very good NRL player.
In the top squad, I'd add Knight, Lowe, Dillon, and Arrow. Since we are paying big money for him, we have to maintain that trust in him.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Cook
Reynolds
Walker
Murray

I dunno if Reyno will last 3 more years mate with how his back is I’m concerned.

Rabbits20

Immortal
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...m.au-ninedaily--191231&mktg_scr=edm-ninedaily

GAGAI FOR ARROW SWAP?
The Titans have their eyes on Queensland State of Origin utility back Dane Gagai in a possible swap for fellow Maroon Jai Arrow with Souths next season.

Arrow has signed with the Bunnies for 2021 - but has told anyone who wants to listen that he doesn't want to wait that long to make the switch.

The Titans are playing hardball, however, insisting that Arrow sticks to his contract with the Gold Coast.

But they are open to a swap and with Souths having plenty of depth in the outside backs, they may let Gagai go.

The sticking point is whether Souths pay some of Gagai's wage for next year and that could stop the swap from going ahead.