What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad Analysis

BLM01

First Grade
You're right, we never see that pass from TL. But, in his defence, those passes are best when you have time, space or an overlap. If he caught and passed to the winger, it would be a hospital pass.
I disagree.. Lafai's instincts are to take them on with a step or body contact after standing flat or slowing down first...and then pass which is just OK and
Our beloved Aitken rarely thinks about the pass at all.
That is the problem with our encumbent 3 & 4 in attack...let alone the rest of our structured problems

Crush

Coach
For the record, Saab is 199cm and 101kgs so I do not think that he would be pushed around too easily.
Thats actually very light for a man his height. Most other NRL backs are about 185-188 cm at that weight.
But he will fill out no doubt. I like Saab, he runs hard, I reckon he'll make it.

SnowDragon

Juniors
SureLy we need to invest in some of these younger guys like Saab. With our stocks of outside backs, we don’t loose anything by pushing him forward to maximise chances and develop.

I disagree.. Lafai's instincts are to take them on with a step or body contact after standing flat or slowing down first...and then pass which is just OK and
Our beloved Aitken rarely thinks about the pass at all.
That is the problem with our encumbent 3 & 4 in attack...let alone the rest of our structured problems
Agree entirely re Lafai and Aitken. Weak links beside problems with other back positions. I see sportsbet on current projections have the Dragons finishing 12th in 2020. This is in line with other predictions i have seen.

George Dragon

Juniors
If I were to pick today on what we have. My backline would be.
1.Ramsey (training the house down I hear)
2.Sailor (can go to fullback if required)
3Wiliame
4.Lomax
5.Saab
6.Norman
7.Hunt
I absolutely know this side won’t be picked but it would be great.
Ramsey is not even a DP let alone in the top 30 not sure how you think he can be in FG.

watatank

Coach
I know we have a few promising guys coming through but they need time/experience. The reality is we will be relying on the older players until then.

possm

Coach
I just heard McGregor raving about him, he must swallow. He's training with the first grade squad and there are spots left. I bet can nearly bet my left nut he will pick up a spot.
I think you are on the money Forbes Creek Dragons. Ramsey is ready to play against men and should be selected as an outside back in CC from round one in 2020. From there it should depend on form but I imagine by near seasons end, he will be in consideration of a promotion to an NRL outside back spot.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
It would appear that with a couple of spare back spots available in the NRL squad perhaps at least one spot will go to Ramsey, Clune or Wishart. Apart from Williame who replaced Pearson it would appear that external backs are not on the radar.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
It would appear that with a couple of spare back spots available in the NRL squad perhaps at least one spot will go to Ramsey, Clune or Wishart. Apart from Williame who replaced Pearson it would appear that external backs are not on the radar.

We are sort of in limbo with the JDB case looming large. What I suspect is that during SOO we will promote one of the DS players to the top 30 to cover for Hunt. This would open up a spot in the DS for Ramsey. If he's good enough, then after June 30 he can play 1st grade.
Of course the other scenario is that either Sailor or even Dufty would fill in for Hunt

LINESPEED

Juniors
And we have managed to secure most of them long term.

... But they’ll suffer an imposter totally unable to coach,relate to or strategically promote any of them.
Then they’ll swing behind Flanagan’s capacity to do the opposite - rendering McJourneyman’s allies defunct & discredited.
There’ll be 2 pronounced political classes at odds in 2020:
- Flanagan, the juniors & the future
&
- Waterboy, the journeymen & the past
The future will prevail

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Our talent in the 18/19 year age group right now is irrefutable

Yes- there are any number of promising players in the club- however, promising isn't enough-particularly for key positions like the halves and full back. We must be more ruthless in selecting the correct person/people for these roles.

We cannot afford another year of someone like Dufty scoring an astonishing try and letting in four due to poor positional play, poor defence, inability to compete in the high ball stakes, too weak to resist being taken out of play etc

. I hope Flanagan will identify core skills for these key positions and ENSURE that those, like Lomax, Ramsey,Hunt Norman and Sailor who aspire to these positions have these skills.

Personally, I would love to see Saab given a go at full-back as he is freakishly talented- a veritable
black Tommy Turbo- BUT-I simply don't know if he ticks all the boxes eg defence.

denis preston

First Grade
Some of these comments are based on players posters haven't even seen play ! Thank jebus our selectors aren't as trigger happy .

Latest posts