What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

Foz

Bench
its much like DRS in the cricket, we can have all the best technology in the world but at the end of the day its subject to human scrutiny,

therein lies the problem
I heard the NRL had video refs too.
Haven’t heard any complaints about it for at least 2 months.

cb4

First Grade
I dare say the EPL will vary how the the VAR is used. The idea is to get rid of the "howlers" not whether the scorer's armpit is offside.
Its not an armpit though, its the shoulder, and as shown by Mane's goal, you can score a goal with your shoulder.
It doesn't matter if you are offside by 13mm or not, you are offside and the goal is out.
I also used 13mm as thats what was the difference between us and the league last year.

The VAR is never going to be perfect but it needs to stay.
Only need to look at the Sydney FC and City game on the weekend, Grant was given a Yellow for a dreadful tackle and VAR stepped in.

The problem is, everyone in England is a pussy and back their mates rather than overturn calls.

thorson1987

Coach
Its not an armpit though, its the shoulder, and as shown by Mane's goal, you can score a goal with your shoulder.
It doesn't matter if you are offside by 13mm or not, you are offside and the goal is out.
I also used 13mm as thats what was the difference between us and the league last year.

Only need to look at the Sydney FC and City game on the weekend, Grant was given a Yellow for a dreadful tackle and VAR stepped in.

The problem is, everyone in England is a pussy and back their mates rather than overturn calls.

Offsides are the one thing they have been consistent with aswell.

saint.nick

Coach

I think goal line technology and England offside technology are incomparable actually. People were crying out for technology and it provides an immediate and accurate representation of the data.

But nobody was really asking for goal line technology that measured down to the nearest millimetre. It is forensic af, takes too long and looks like a pisstake when especially top class goals are ruled out because a player's extraordinarily large dick bulge was offside. You need a system like cricket which goes umpires way when a call is very close. It works perfectly.

Dave's mate

Juniors
I think goal line technology and England offside technology are incomparable actually. People were crying out for technology and it provides an immediate and accurate representation of the data.

But nobody was really asking for goal line technology that measured down to the nearest millimetre. It is forensic af, takes too long and looks like a pisstake when especially top class goals are ruled out because a player's extraordinarily large dick bulge was offside. You need a system like cricket which goes umpires way when a call is very close. It works perfectly.
It's far from perfect. No way you're a cricket fan

cb4

First Grade
What a win. Wasn't expecting that at all.
Thought we were gone after MIlner went down as well.
Lallana and Jones were terrific, but what more can you say about Joe Gomez?

thorson1987

Coach
What a win. Wasn't expecting that at all.
Thought we were gone after MIlner went down as well.
Lallana and Jones were terrific, but what more can you say about Joe Gomez?

f**king hell. The streak continues even when we play the kids.

I love this part from an article by ESPN -

"It was Bill Shankly, the legendary former Liverpool manager, who once claimed that the two best teams in the city were Liverpool and Liverpool reserves. He might have been joking, but it is no laughing matter for Everton because, in 2020, it may well be the truth.

It is now 7,405 days and counting since Everton last won at Anfield and, having lost 1-0 to a team stacked with Liverpool's kids in the FA Cup third round, who knows when their nightmare will end against their annoyingly successful neighbours?"

cb4

First Grade
Was hoping to get knocked out really
I dare say that will be the team for the cup. Which, if they continue to press like mad men, can match it with mostteams.
Side note, Harvey Elliott is incredible at football. 16 years old and gave Digne a bath all night.

Foz

Bench
Haven’t seen Chirivella look out of place in the few games I’ve seen him start in these cup games.
Doubt we’d lose much if he had to do a job in a premier league game.
Looks the goods.
The way they’ve been dropping with injury it’s good to see Oxford Chamberlain back.
The new guy was pretty solid in the first half but couldn’t make an opinion on him based on that run.Might of lacked a bit in height the way we played him today so Service could’ve been betterHis team mates will work it out pretty quick.

thorson1987

Coach
Another chance for the kids to get a run with us drawing either Bristol City or Shrewsbury away in the 4th round.

saint.nick

Coach
Reports are that Nike's initial plan to help us land a huge star is now not happening.
No idea why we would change for less up front money if there was nothing in the pipeline.
Mate, with all due respect, why would Liverpool fight tooth in nail in court to land a deal that is inferior to NB's offer?

We don't need to land a huge star, and I don't think that was ever a serious term of the deal. The key terms were improved distribution and marketing with Nike-sponsored superstars like LeBron and Drake. Just only today, LeBron posted a picture of the liverbird on Instagram and his business partner hinted at things to come in the comments.

Yes, the upfront payment is low, but the value in the deal is in the significant cut that Liverpool will receive from merchandise sales, and the distribution and marketing promises that Nike made to Liverpool are designed to enable maximum sales for maximum return.

thorson1987

Coach
So another win when not at our best and another record broken.

Best ever start to a league season in any of the top 5 leagues.

Leicester lost against Soton with Danny Ings scoring again extends our lead now to 16 points (14 if Man City win tomorrow)

Latest posts