What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brayden Williame

boardlumps62

Juniors
Branden Williame would be disappointed with this thread can we start another.
Like Mitchell or some other centre please. Just diddle now February we get serious unless something worth talking about individuals.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Branden Williame would be disappointed with this thread can we start another.
Like Mitchell or some other centre please. Just diddle now February we get serious unless something worth talking about individuals.
No use starting a Mitchell thread, he has less chance of coming here than Mary does at seeing out his contract.

possm

Coach
I've already posted that I don't think Mitchell is psychologically in a good space and therefore a good fit for the Dragons. I also agree with other posters that he would be unlikely to be attracted to this club either financially or coach wise.

However, even if I'm wrong on both counts, SGI have obviously made certain assurances to Lomax to get him to sign up to a long term deal and a fair crack at FB is at the core of those promises. If SGI were to sign Mitchell, it would have to make the same assurances to him. We've seen at the Sharks with the rumoured fallout between the newly signed Ramien and Xerri how jealousies and resentment can destabilise a club- would it be worth it?
So it has recently been pointed out to me that Mitchell is a left centre and Williame is a right centre. If Lomax starts the year as fullback we at least have solution to the fullback and centre positions and possibly with Saab a solution to the right wing position, leaving the left wing position to be filled by Pereira or one of our young guns coming through.

If Lomax fails to impress at fullback it would be logical that Mitchell moves to fullback and Lomax takes up one of the centre spots.

Remember, Dugan, Packer and more recently Norman were all in a bad place prior to coming to the Dragons. All except Packer were recruited on big salary. I see no reason why the Dragons cannot take on Mitchell and encourage him to reform with special clauses n his contract and exposure to the Dragons culture.

BLM01

First Grade
So it has recently been pointed out to me that Mitchell is a left centre and Williame is a right centre. If Lomax starts the year as fullback we at least have solution to the fullback and centre positions and possibly with Saab a solution to the right wing position, leaving the left wing position to be filled by Pereira or one of our young guns coming through.

If Lomax fails to impress at fullback it would be logical that Mitchell moves to fullback and Lomax takes up one of the centre spots.

Remember, Dugan, Packer and more recently Norman were all in a bad place prior to coming to the Dragons. All except Packer were recruited on big salary. I see no reason why the Dragons cannot take on Mitchell and encourage him to reform with special clauses n his contract and exposure to the Dragons culture.
1. Who pointed out Williame is a right centre?. His highlights have him playing left of centre.
2. Lomax...enough said about this and the Julius Sumner-Miller fullback experiment
3. What does Dugan Packer & Norman have in common. Their time at St George was mostly under Mary. Encouragement to reform under a contract favouring St George playing under Mary?....I dont think this is what Mitchell and his management are quite ilooking for....do you?.
4. Dragons culture?..Gus said we dont have one or dont know what it is?....either does the board and coach.

Old Timer

Coach
Williame isn't good enough to be picky about whether he plays left or right. He'll be stoked just to get on the field. He'll probably get four games all season and wear a different number every time.
And that is just in CC.
I anticipate the required fitness for NRL will be a real issue and leg strain injuries a real chance as we try to bulk him up.

LINESPEED

Juniors
1. Who pointed out Williame is a right centre?. His highlights have him playing left of centre.
2. Lomax...enough said about this and the Julius Sumner-Miller fullback experiment
3. What does Dugan Packer & Norman have in common. Their time at St George was mostly under Mary. Encouragement to reform under a contract favouring St George playing under Mary?....I dont think this is what Mitchell and his management are quite ilooking for....do you?.
4. Dragons culture?..Gus said we dont have one or dont know what it is?....either does the board and coach.

Your Sumner-Miller allusion is spot-on & brilliantI BLM!
- & it’s the same out-of-position crap as last year.

I suspect Zac is kinda being set up to fail at 1 - and Turnstile & Waterboy will be deathriding him to drop a couple of early bombs, thus consigning him to wing then the bench & CC if Waterboy Selection Fookups #101 repeats itself.

He’s our 3
& it’s Aitken to CC
FFS.

As many on here have said - if Lafai & Aitken trot out Rd 1 we’re done.

If they’re gone I’d renew membership - as for me they & Lovechild have been the red flags of a wider attacking failure over many wasted years.

Their absence would mean change & lessons learned

BLM01

First Grade
I suspect Zac is kinda being set up to fail at 1 - and Turnstile & Waterboy will be deathriding him to drop a couple of early bombs, thus consigning him to wing then the bench & CC if Waterboy Selection Fookups #101 repeats itself.

He’s our 3
& it’s Aitken to CC
FFS.

As many on here have said - if Lafai & Aitken trot out Rd 1 we’re done.

If they’re gone I’d renew membership - as for me they & Lovechild have been the red flags of a wider attacking failure over many wasted years.

Their absence would mean change & lessons learned
It is just poor Mary has too many options now but cant pull the trigger or is confused and running around in circles trying to leave his footprint in all football departments in what to do with all this young talent who can do more than just play Mary's Dragons Footy.
See it is a lot easier coaching pub or grass roots level which Mary can relate to.
It is the step up in level he has trouble with outside a forwards power game (last year that hardly worked anymore) which only works early in a season anyway. Maybe back in 2014 it was OK when Souths won the comp but they also had a great kicking game then to and brilliant fast outside backs that could score tries.
FFS just cant understand why our blind monkeys on the board and media cant or have taken so long to see it.

blacksafake

First Grade
It is just poor Mary has too many options now but cant pull the trigger or is confused and running around in circles trying to leave his footprint in all football departments in what to do with all this young talent who can do more than just play Mary's Dragons Footy.
See it is a lot easier coaching pub or grass roots level which Mary can relate to.
It is the step up in level he has trouble with outside a forwards power game (last year that hardly worked anymore) which only works early in a season anyway. Maybe back in 2014 it was OK when Souths won the comp but they also had a great kicking game then to and brilliant fast outside backs that could score tries.
FFS just cant understand why our blind monkeys on the board and media cant or have taken so long to see it.
Great post.