What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Starting side?

Rich102

Staff member
New Zealand Warriors: 2020 round 1 predicted team
NRL.com says: With Issac Luke departed and Nat Roache injured, former Panther Wayde Egan could go straight to starting hooker. It would be tough to leave Chanel Harris-Tavita out of the 17 but he may have to bide his time as a utility given Kodi Nikorima can also play hooker as a way to get the young half into the game.

Interchange weapon Jazz Tevaga has earned a starting berth but could also revert to the pine as he eases back from off-season ankle surgery, especially with his ability to cover hooker.

Jamie Soward says: I'd start Karl Lawton at hooker over Wayde Egan and put Kodi Nikorima back to the bench. Chanel Harris-Tavita has to start rather than trying to shoehorn Nikorima into a halves role. I'd also look to some young blood in the pack with Leivaha Pulu in the second row and Adam Blair back to the bench where he can still play an important impact role.

NRL.com's predicted Warriors round 1 team
  1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
  2. David Fusitu'a
  3. Patrick Herbert
  4. Peta Hiku
  5. Ken Maumalo
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Blake Green
  8. Agnatius Paasi
  9. Wayde Egan
  10. Leeson Ah Mau
  11. Adam Blair
  12. Tohu Harris
  13. Jazz Tevaga
  14. Isaiah Papali'i
  15. Lachlan Burr
  16. Bunty Afoa
  17. Chanel Harris-Tavita
Others: Gerard Beale, Sam Lisone, Josh Curran, Jackson Frei, Eliesa Katoa, Adam Keighran, Karl Lawton, Taane Milne, Hayze Perham, Adam Pompey, Leivaha Pulu, Nathaniel Roache

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/24/new-zealand-warriors-2020-round-1-predicted-team/

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
As above but swap CHT and Kodi. Blair to bench would be nice but we know it won’t happen.
What’s Roache’s current status?

Rich102

Staff member
As above but swap CHT and Kodi. Blair to bench would be nice but we know it won’t happen.
What’s Roache’s current status?

Warriors
Wayde Egan underwent shoulder surgery in September while still at the Panthers but all indications are he will be good to go for the trial games at his new club.

Jazz Tevaga underwent ankle surgery in early December with his return date not yet known by the club.

• Chanel Harris-Tavita (wrist, trials)
  • Sam Lisone (shoulder/chest, trials)
  • Wayde Egan (shoulder, round one)
  • Peta Hiku (shoulder, round one)
  • Gerard Beale (knee, early rounds)
  • Karl Lawton (shoulder, early rounds)
  • Nathaniel Roache (knee, mid-season)
  • Jazz Tevaga (ankle, indefinite)

Iron Lion

Juniors
That is the worst Warriors squad I have ever seen.

4 NRL level players + a half-decent rookie

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Ken Maumalo
Leeson Ah Mau
Tohu Harris
Chanel Harris-Tavita

The rest of the squad are dogs bollocks or simply reserve grade quality.

One positive ahead will be goodbye Kearney.

Least the Warriors management were smart enough to get the boys practising yoga this year as they are going to be bent over hard and rammed bang bros style for 24 weeks.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
That is the worst Warriors squad I have ever seen.

4 NRL level players + a half-decent rookie

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Ken Maumalo
Leeson Ah Mau
Tohu Harris
Chanel Harris-Tavita

The rest of the squad are dogs bollocks or simply reserve grade quality.

One positive ahead will be goodbye Kearney.
I have to agree 100%.

Run Stacey, run as fast as you can.

Iron Lion

Juniors
he’s got one season to prove himself IMO, only because of his age. And he can spend it in reserve grade if he doesn’t shape up. Same goes for Fus. Blair can f**k off now, but he won’t.

As it stands Papalii is the worst back-rower in the NRL. What can change in an off season?

Latest posts