What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 General Gossip

callmack1

Staff member
Hi guys,

This is part of a re-structure of our forum that I decided to do for 2020 onwards. The aim to help make our forum more organised, allow better ease of access and also give it a freshen up.

Please use this thread for general non-Footy Souths chat.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hi guys,

This is part of a re-structure of our forum that I decided to do for 2020 onwards. The aim to help make our forum more organised, allow better ease of access and also give it a freshen up.

Please use this thread for general non-Footy Souths chat.
I have a fun fact! Hope it’s ok I put it here, didn’t know where else to put it......... if you wanna move it to another thread @callmack1 feel free to do so, that’s fine by me.

Right it’s fun fact time lads!

Souths 21-15 nrl prems over Easts

Second/reserve grade we lead them 20-9.

Jersey Flegg we lead them 9-3

If ever you need a point to show how awesome we are to a mate who goes for Easts and you’re having a back and forth just bring those stats up, they are fact!

Cmmmmmmoooooooonnnnnnnnn I AM PUMPED!!!!!

Bring on Round 3 ALREADY, Friday Night at ANZ!!!!!

@Peter Quinn @callmack1 @Souths Till I Die @handyman2190 @southsport

Travitoh

First Grade
I'm going to play devil's advocate as i feel i view this debate differently...

Souths have 21 first grade premierships but only 1 NRL premiership.
Only 3 current players have a Souths premiership ring.
I've only seen 1 premiership in my lifetime.
Since #20, Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle and Canberra have entered first grade and won multiple premierships. St George won premierships, merged and won again.
Manly won, merged, split and won again.
Since 1972, Souths have won as much as NQ, Wests and Cronulla.

The clubs history is great but bares little importance in the modern game today imo. The important premierships are the current one (2019) and the next one (2020).
Successful clubs continue being successful.

Peter Quinn

Juniors

Since #20, Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle and Canberra have entered first grade and won multiple premierships. St George won premierships, merged and won again.

The clubs history is great but bares little importance in the modern game today imo. The important premierships are the current one (2019) and the next one (2020).
With all sporting clubs, businesses, schools and people as well, there is always a history. The history of any of these are always extremely important. That's why need history, to determine the character of each individual or business or club. When we want to choose friends, we don't want to make little to we? When we choose a school, we don't want to send our kids to a school that's full of drugs or there is major trouble there once a month. Work, well we certainly want to get paid when we do. Sport..........not that it's important to a child all that much, because they will more than likely be persuaded by peers, names, colours and family. But once those kids grow up, a record comes with the following. At this time, I just want to say, THERE IS NO PROUDER RECORD THAN THAT OF THE SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS.

With all sporting clubs, businesses, schools and people as well, there is always a history. The history of any of these are always extremely important. That's why need history, to determine the character of each individual or business or club. When we want to choose friends, we don't want to make little to we? When we choose a school, we don't want to send our kids to a school that's full of drugs or there is major trouble there once a month. Work, well we certainly want to get paid when we do. Sport..........not that it's important to a child all that much, because they will more than likely be persuaded by peers, names, colours and family. But once those kids grow up, a record comes with the following. At this time, I just want to say, THERE IS NO PROUDER RECORD THAN THAT OF THE SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS.
Hi Pete
Talking about proud rabbitohs,did you see Ch 9 news this morning
They were interviewing a lady helping locals/tourists who are caught in South Soast bushfires
Cameraman pans along a table by the water of people having a meal and there is our legend Bob McCarthy.....as they updated news again later they interviewed Ron Coote and by what he said he has lost his house and his daughter's house next door also....Heartbreaking
VMJO8402[1].JPG

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Hi Pete
Talking about proud rabbitohs,did you see Ch 9 news this morning
They were interviewing a lady helping locals/tourists who are caught in South Soast bushfires
Cameraman pans along a table by the water of people having a meal and there is our legend Bob McCarthy.....as they updated news again later they interviewed Ron Coote and by what he said he has lost his house and his daughter's house next door also....Heartbreaking
View attachment 35075
Yes mate, unfortunately a number of our legends have property down there. It's sad. But, we fight on. That's what builds the character that is legendary amongst our club.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nailed it Pete.

Travitoh

First Grade

I do agree and i don't dispute the clubs history. It is outstanding. No big club has a poor history.

But when we choose a school, we look at the recent history of it. Not what happened there at our age.
Businesses are only any good if they can adapt with times. When was the last time you saw a Video Ezy?

Maybe it's just me and the way i think but despite the fact i support Souths following my Grandfather, i want to celebrate the premierships that i see, not the ones he did.

21 premierships is only 19% of the 111 years of club history. With 95% of them happening before my time.

Of current clubs, only Parra have more wooden spoons. 5 of them came inbetween the clubs two most recent premierships. That's a part of the club's history too.

I'm sure the players don't settle for the 21 premierships before them, they'll want their own.
Why should we as supporters think any differently?

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I do agree and i don't dispute the clubs history. It is outstanding. No big club has a poor history.

But when we choose a school, we look at the recent history of it. Not what happened there at our age.
Businesses are only any good if they can adapt with times. When was the last time you saw a Video Ezy?

Maybe it's just me and the way i think but despite the fact i support Souths following my Grandfather, i want to celebrate the premierships that i see, not the ones he did.

21 premierships is only 19% of the 111 years of club history. With 95% of them happening before my time.

Of current clubs, only Parra have more wooden spoons. 5 of them came inbetween the clubs two most recent premierships. That's a part of the club's history too.

I'm sure the players don't settle for the 21 premierships before them, they'll want their own.
Why should we as supporters think any differently?
I understand. When we support a footy club, we support past present and future. What they have already achieved, comes with it. We have to accept that to understand why we get called the Pride Of The League.

Valheru

Coach

Well said.

Nothing wrong with recognising your history but if you need to lean on it to defend/deflect from your modern record then you are in trouble.

For what it's worth I give souths a pass mark for the decade just gone. They won a comp and gave themselves every chance to win another with 4 other PF appearances.

However the 2 decades before that were complete failures.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Guys, i hope you're all unaffected by the fires that are currently burning throughout the country. Scary times at the moment.
Around Christmas time in Lithgow it came close to my Aunty’s place but she is ok.

Was 45C where I am today, 48.9 out west Penrith way.

So many are deliberately lit and it sickens me!

NSW, South Australia and VIC in bushfire crisis mode!

Latest posts