What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

The Marshall

Juniors
Corporates just go to get drunk and talk to and dont watch much football. So placement shouldnt have been a issue

SFS boxes were high a close with tries scored near where you were sitting
I doubt there are too many rectangular stadiums in the world with the vast majority of their corp boxes behind the goal posts. The location was a huge problem and while the guests go there to drink and talk it's a big stumbling block in selling the boxes initially.

Corporate boxes are to stadia what pokies are to pubs. An easy, regular source of income that delivers nothing in terms of soul or atmosphere to a venue. An unfortunate, modern reality I guess.

siv

First Grade
In fact what they do is cheese off people who have enjoyed sitting on the halfway line watching the game for 30 plus years. As loyal RL supporters get shunted into the sun or behind the posts or behind tv sets

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
data=xjTV4sRN94li5yPobvORNVVuFw-cAidxOEZYxXwPMQDMGaB98FsX2e-_ghKzLeka0cq-lz0PCP8y3-Gx3gdqUAV4UWfuBdYzopbvhQrqAXn-P-7Jdbssi5qUsLoNgMuHfD0vsYF6DhbN2zWOmVSjq-yR-O2xg8od5L4,Ok144QOoSRvd-8HmDxrS0zFkQOhtp6FbLqZazmOXx8pJEd1E_V00_kH67asJfcqA7JHmQGbQjdTErDxc95S4-5hqHV9A508wmtXODmdDLYCiNADi1jE1m6oMBTh6h2BNpLHz6mCwkC5XSQCyXO6AOnFaGsRXswsRuW1GbOaaTGc7I6cVW_THO8v-sWD1jf6-fcY49OgSGZnyb0xJLpQs2Vq4_TgvP_HbJ5yxsMLs2wcekr6r3BnKFOJd7q6-MagwWgxUEfke56db7J0liSGBScl3aRAOJ1BH6OVfjAm_41ssNvnlSQp7D6xXe8D-R4HVPvdjcbODEIyZj1ql4qVtR2tbX3jjflNsq2Uo9HYdQONkFn8YhebuV-ymeNfJCvKbbTF8lM5By8P8BAyuZrA2uj2Gf4fvdkJqQNDg5bhZamPBVE_I8LpT9odRWvM

NSW government, which ever flavour has failed the taxpayer.

They got it right with Parramatta, but rebuilding 11ks down the road is just shyte planning.

unforgiven

Bench
In fact what they do is cheese off people who have enjoyed sitting on the halfway line watching the game for 30 plus years. As loyal RL supporters get shunted into the sun or behind the posts or behind tv sets
That has always been my biggest problem with Bankwest!

axl rose

Bench

They got it right with Parramatta, but rebuilding 11ks down the road is just shyte planning.
data=xjTV4sRN94li5yPobvORNVVuFw-cAidxOEZYxXwPMQDMGaB98FsX2e-_ghKzLeka0cq-lz0PCP8y3-Gx3gdqUAV4UWfuBdYzopbvhQrqAXn-P-7Jdbssi5qUsLoNgMuHfD0vsYF6DhbN2zWOmVSjq-yR-O2xg8od5L4,Ok144QOoSRvd-8HmDxrS0zFkQOhtp6FbLqZazmOXx8pJEd1E_V00_kH67asJfcqA7JHmQGbQjdTErDxc95S4-5hqHV9A508wmtXODmdDLYCiNADi1jE1m6oMBTh6h2BNpLHz6mCwkC5XSQCyXO6AOnFaGsRXswsRuW1GbOaaTGc7I6cVW_THO8v-sWD1jf6-fcY49OgSGZnyb0xJLpQs2Vq4_TgvP_HbJ5yxsMLs2wcekr6r3BnKFOJd7q6-MagwWgxUEfke56db7J0liSGBScl3aRAOJ1BH6OVfjAm_41ssNvnlSQp7D6xXe8D-R4HVPvdjcbODEIyZj1ql4qVtR2tbX3jjflNsq2Uo9HYdQONkFn8YhebuV-ymeNfJCvKbbTF8lM5By8P8BAyuZrA2uj2Gf4fvdkJqQNDg5bhZamPBVE_I8LpT9odRWvM

In Syd-nee that's about 2 hours in traffic right?

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Brisbane 2 is obviously waiting for a second stadium.

Say Kelvin Grove, maybe Indooroopilly you know just down the road from Milton........

Geez being out smarted by qlders who build their billion dollars stadiums far apart.

NSW planning department remains a sad place.

T-Boon

Coach

Say Kelvin Grove, maybe Indooroopilly you know just down the road from Milton........

Geez being out smarted by qlders who build their billion dollars stadiums far apart.

Brisbane does not need a second stadium when the best stadium in the country is vacant every second weekend. Just needs another team.

T-Boon

Coach
The best stadium in NSW/Qld that is not used by rugby league at all is Newcastle number 2 which has just had a whole lot of new seating put in and (while it has a low capacity) it is a lot better than a few of the NRL stadiums. The western side now is great.
It definitely got funding for the seating because the Jets W-League team started playing there. That is the key, get as many women's sports played at your stadium as possible.
RL needs a team at number 2. And it should be a possible venue for womens tests etc.

T-Boon

Coach
They are going to have the Boundary Social section at the SCG for the Pink Test.
The Roosters and the NRL should drop in and check it out. A variation of that would be good at the SCG for Roosters games and at ANZ stadium games for those games.

It just makes an empty stadium area look pretty good.

seanoff

Juniors
I suspect looking around that any LED curtain solution would be totally bespoke. The photo has the 3 options. The middle one is not really useable. The one on the left is $$$$$$. The one on the right would need to be re-engineered to be waterproof.

99D57D45-82D1-41F9-B446-CD35D6FE0D02.jpeg

This has to be easier and much cheaper. They do this everywhere now. The projectors cant be that expensive. And they only need to be static images
2000%2008%20Sydney%20Olympics%20Opening%20Ceremony.jpg

forby

Juniors
Parramatta have learned this big time. There is no public seating on the western side, and there are actually less seats available to their fans than at the old ground! There are a lot of disgruntled fans out parramatta way!

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Parramatta have learned this big time. There is no public seating on the western side, and there are actually less seats available to their fans than at the old ground! There are a lot of disgruntled fans out parramatta way!

and so hey should be. Unless every game is at night

Diesel

Referee

Auchenflower

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ok so I am hearing..

The feedback from my distant observation was the new Parra Stadium was awesome.

I am now seeing, not all are happy, bit harder to get good seats.

Well have no fear, NSW government planning will build another one just down the road, was last built for purpose for athletics, kinda failed as footy ground, cricket, I think they even tried VFL.

Was great for the original purpose.

Time to move on.

Explore, putting 100,000 residents there.

Build one next to Liverpool or Casula Station.

Sorry this is NSW planning, who is has been the worst department in NSW history, not just stadiums.

You could not plan a great harbour any worse, yet fluke a couple of good things.

When it comes to Stadiums NSW government is bad.

siv

First Grade
I still think we need to explore stadiums with a shade cloth option

Robina crowds suffer from heat