What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MEMBERSHIP 2020

Dragonsamy

Bench
The only thing worse than our management team is our marketing team they are pathetic. I was walking around the St George area today and yesterday and you could see on every post along King Georges Road advertising Sydney FC game at Kogarah. When we play at Kogarah you'll never see anything no advertising in The Old St George area and not much in Wollongong either. It's ridiculous

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The only thing worse than our management team is our marketing team they are pathetic. I was walking around the St George area today and yesterday and you could see on every post along King Georges Road advertising Sydney FC game at Kogarah. When we play at Kogarah you'll never see anything no advertising in The Old St George area and not much in Wollongong either. It's ridiculous

Samy,
Its the 1960-70s mindest that hasn't changed.
That is why we are, where we are.
The boys brigade.
No fresh ideas.
No progression.
How long can we dwell on the great days of yesterday?
Apparently ......................... forever!

Gareth67

First Grade
Samy,
Its the 1960-70s mindest that hasn't changed.
That is why we are, where we are.
The boys brigade.
No fresh ideas.
No progression.
How long can we dwell on the great days of yesterday?
Apparently ......................... forever!

Exactly that . Their thinking is still lingering in those halcyon days of yesteryear.

It will require an explosion under their collective asses to get them out of that mindset .

getsmarty

Immortal
10k-members-graphics_web.jpg

MEMBERSHIP

2020 Red V members hits 10,000 milestone
Author
Jack Brady Dragons media and communications executive
Timestamp
Tue 26 Nov 2019, 12:00 PM

St George Illawarra have today thanked each of the club's 10,000 loyal Red V members for their contribution towards the Dragons' 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership endeavours.

Everyone involved with the club accept that the Dragons' 2019 campaign was not acceptable and have taken all the necessary steps to ensure such a result is never repeated.

With the Dragons' 2020 home draw locked in across the club's traditional venues in Kogarah and Wollongong and preparations for the 2020 season in full swing, now is the perfect time to renew or become a Red V member.

The Dragons have set their eyes on reaching the 20,000 Red V member mark for the fourth time in the club's history, and for the third consecutive season.

All Red V members who join or renew by December 31, 2019 will be entered in the draw to win a spot in the 2020 team photo. The 10,000 existing Red V members are already in the running for this money-can't-buy experience.

The winner will be provided with a 2020 home jersey to wear and a copy of their photo to put on the mantelpiece at home.

There are a range of packages for every Dragons fan, starting from just $50. Purchase before December 2 to ensure your membership pack arrives before Christmas.

Be in that number in 2020.

Visit dragons.com.au/membership or call 1300 DRAGON (1300 372 466) to secure your membership now!

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/11/26/2020-red-v-members-hits-10000/

ghostface

Juniors
Too right mate. I drove through the area during the season and the place was littered with Sharks advertising a match day. What the f**k? The complete disconnect from community is going to take years to fix. At the very least if you can't get it right on the field you need to stay in the hearts and minds of the community you serve.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Too right mate. I drove through the area during the season and the place was littered with Sharks advertising a match day. What the f**k? The complete disconnect from community is going to take years to fix. At the very least if you can't get it right on the field you need to stay in the hearts and minds of the community you serve.

Well said

FlameThrower

Bench
Tracking on par with last season.
Beyond belief..... I’m not sure what they can see as positives for 2020 - no major signings, lost Widdop, losing juniors after we get them into 1st grade experience, Frizel and Lomax maybe gone at end of next year, whitewash and joke of a 2019 review, CEO going, JDB case still before the courts. Sharing Kogarah with Sharks, who will play more “home” games there than us......the list is endless..

Crush

Coach
Beyond belief..... I’m not sure what they can see as positives for 2020 - no major signings, lost Widdop, losing juniors after we get them into 1st grade experience, Frizel and Lomax maybe gone at end of next year, whitewash and joke of a 2019 review, CEO going, JDB case still before the courts. Sharing Kogarah with Sharks, who will play more “home” games there than us......the list is endless..
Go to Facebook to get your answer.
"Support the club through thick and thin" "not a fair weather fan" "membership shows my support" "DF4L"
People are weird aren't they?

thebigredv

First Grade
10,000 uninformed, deluded people.

They can enjoy watching Merrin plod around, Luke suspended on the sidelines, Dufty get carried back into goal with every second run, De Belin in the grand stands, Graham concussed into retirement, Lomax and Leiliua ripping it up at another club, and our favourite, everyone standing around with hands on hips looking at Aitken who just let in another try.

I didn't even mention the coach.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Sadly, I wouldn't piss on them and I'll leave the love & enthusiasm for when McAnchor is consigned to the waste bin of dark history.

I cannot tolerate the bullshit that flows from his mouth & will watch from a far only!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Tracking on par with last season.
Another year and I wonder again how many of these 10,000 Red V members have actually included home game tickets in their membership package?

As in previous years, the media release does not provide a break down.

There are 4 non-ticketed Red V Membership packages.

Our home ground average in 2019 was the lowest in the League. Previously unheard of.

ED7RxRcUYAQVW1Q

If 2020 is on par, then are we to expect another sorry season at the gate?

getsmarty

Immortal
Another year and I wonder again how many of these 10,000 Red V members have actually included home game tickets in their membership package?

As in previous years, the media release does not provide a break down.

There are 4 non-ticketed Red V Membership packages.

Our home ground average in 2019 was the lowest in the League. Previously unheard of.

ED7RxRcUYAQVW1Q

If 2020 is on par, then are we to expect another sorry season at the gate?

Good points Willow.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I'd suggest the membership tally just prior to round 1 will give a more accurate figure of fan sentiment. The 10000 mark would be mostly made up of those auto-renewals that don't want to lose seats. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of memberships to see if those that renewed maintained the same level of membership.

J.moz

Juniors
Is it correct that membership is at 20.000 over . On Dragons membership web page?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200103-120417_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200103-120417_Chrome.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 13

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Is it correct that membership is at 20.000 over . On Dragons membership web page?

Typical of our amateurish marketing dept. The 20,949 was the final total for 2019. All they've done is change the date to 2020
It's a bit of click bait for the unsuspected with the thinking that they would react that many people have joined so we should too.
They all think we are lemmings.

Dragonsamy

Bench
I'd hazard a guess that just about everyone here has played some sort of organised sport, be it rugby league, cricket or marbles, at high, medium or beer grade, and the club you played for was better organised than this "professional club" we support.

Unfortunately you are correct.
And the marketing department is one of the most poorly run department in the club.

I'd hazard a guess that just about everyone here has played some sort of organised sport, be it rugby league, cricket or marbles, at high, medium or beer grade, and the club you played for was better organised than this "professional club" we support.

So true. The beer grade marbles Comp I play in is quite well organised.
The beer is always cold at least :thumbsup::grin::beer:

Latest posts