What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yep. He needs to play to his strengths rather than trying to be the PM his detractors think he should be. He's damned either way. He should at least remain consistent.
This.

He f**ked up by not being transparent about the Hawaii thing and is now trying to overcompensate. Just do some media saying you are thinking of them and more importantly show that the Government will help people out financially and with other basic services that will aid them in their recovery. Its too raw for a lot of people and he can't expect to claw things back so quickly after appearing to leave them in the lurch.

He also needs to change his narrative around climate change even if that means taking on some of the right fringe within his party. Unless, he himself is so convinced of his current position on ideological grounds, which may well be the case.

Gronk

Staff member
Fascinating thread by a merkin who lives and breathes hazard reduction and environmental asset protection. Click on the link and read his posts.

hindy111

Post Whore
Fascinating thread by a merkin who lives and breathes hazard reduction and environmental asset protection. Click on the link and read his posts.

Anyone can find articles to suit there own arguements. Type anything in Google and reverse the question.
Also easy to read an article and use the information you like and pay no attention to the things you do not want to hear.
Fascinating isn't it.

Bazal

Post Whore
Anyone can find articles to suit there own arguements. Type anything in Google and reverse the question.
Also easy to read an article and use the information you like and pay no attention to the things you do not want to hear.
Fascinating isn't it.

Well yes. But how credible are the sources?

Are there credible sources that suit everyone's own argument?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

He makes some interesting points, but doesn't appear to understand the bigger picture which is often true of environmental consultants.

He uses the lack of resistance to pissy little projects as evidence that there isn't people stopping clearing. Green groups have bigger targets than that. If he had experience at the front end where legislation gets developed and/or revised at a state or federal level I think he would have chosen some of his language more carefully.

I have made a number of submissions on veg leg and policies on behalf of an industry sector and have spoken face to face to green groups and green ministers - they have a definite agenda to limit veg clearing.

To say that it doesn't occur is just as stupid as laying the blame entirely at the feet of the Greens. Its a factor that should rightfully be considered if we are to learn from this. That said, I don't believe it is as significant as many are making out and agree with plenty of what old mate has to say.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So you don't actually consume a lot of media but still said this:

try reading with your eyes open

Twizzle said:
most of my news comes through social media

as well as Skynews

How would you know?

see above,

are you really pretending to know how much news and social media I consume based on one post ?
(rhetorical, dont bother answering)

Yes, and I have worked extensively in WA over the years. What I said is based on my lived experience

funny how we can both have entirely different living experiences, but you are entitled to your opinion

unlike your comment on the media.

I wont criticize your opinion just because I disagree with it as I am not so judgmental

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Big Climate.
image.jpg

#JobsForTheBoys

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
try reading with your eyes open

as well as Skynews

see above,

are you really pretending to know how much news and social media I consume based on one post ?
(rhetorical, dont bother answering)
None of this makes any logical sense whatsoever. It's in complete contradiction to what you posted earlier. Are you suggesting that you were bullshitting beforehand?

funny how we can both have entirely different living experiences, but you are entitled to your opinion
I suspect we were living very different lives so it isn't that much of a surprise. Were you only consuming select sources of media back then as well?

I wont criticize your opinion just because I disagree with it as I am not so judgmental

Well, you did say it was 'nonsense'. That sounds like a criticism to me.

Besides, I didn't criticise your opinion at all. I just questioned whether it was an informed one based on your own words that I read when my eyes were open.

Eelogical

Referee
The way those 'folk' in Cobargo spoke to Scomo is not the Australian way that I once knew, regardless of their circumstances.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The way those 'folk' in Cobargo spoke to Scomo is not the Australian way that I once knew, regardless of their circumstances.
I think it is very Australian. Giving our 'betters' a gobfull is what we're all about. It's why nobody wants to be in charge.

#egalitarianism

Latest posts