What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

Generalzod

Immortal
we were meant to go to Culburra
They caravan park basically said don’t come
They actually gave us a credit and we rebooked for next year.
That doesn’t help them this year though.

so I’m going to go down a few weekends over the year.
Just got a call from the motel basically saying keep away they offered us half of a refund which I will donate to charity..

I dunno, drive around in an electric car giving out windmill & mirror pamphlets sounds right up his alley? TO THE REsCUE!
Haha yeah I guess big balls ...small brain?the dick head only got in cause people thought he was better than the idiot alternatives. How about setting up some some teams to look into the alternatives and the feasabilites of the transitions when he first got in? WAS HE TO BUSY PRAYING OR PLANNING HIS HOLIDAYS?

Actually just read that again .
I will ask him
I’m guessing he is probably not allowed to just knock anything down.
I don’t know how he’d get caught though...unless dobbed on.
Why? Everybody in country would look at that sort of thing and do what they have wherewithal and time to do. Unless your mate is geniused.would just be matter of can only do what you can do after that we do need help from govt we pay taxes to
Maybe that's why you need to follow politics a bit .instead of saying I don't even know about politics so anything I say or do is ok....q c.. read that over a thousand times .
To busy doing what the clear majority asked him to about it.

Haha clear majority thought he was better than alternative . What a leader! He actually had mandate to make some intelligent changes.Abbot was thrown out what did that say?

snout

First Grade
People's expectations are too high.
What do you expect from the bloke?
He doesnt look like he could coach a kids soccer team. Looks weak as piss.
I expect nothing from any of these pricks so lm never disappointed.

Why? Everybody in country would look at that sort of thing and do what they have wherewithal and time to do. Unless your mate is geniused.would just be matter of can only do what you can do after that we do need help from govt we pay taxes to
Maybe that's why you need to follow politics a bit .instead of saying I don't even know about politics so anything I say or do is ok....q c.. read that over a thousand times .

Haha clear majority thought he was better than alternative . What a leader! He actually had mandate to make some intelligent changes.Abbot was thrown out what did that say?
I know 2 people now that have lost their houses in the fire. One family was neighbours and good mates with the guy in Cobargo who was killed. The Cobargo family were hippies and were not insured - they have lost everything and are now grasping with the reality of that decision. A very rough time for them.

The climate change denier line has gone like this:

>Its a lie- global warming is a hoax (Term gets changed to climate change)
>Climate change is "complete crap"- my local area has cold days! make up your mind (planet continues to warm)
>The scientists are in on a conspiracy to make money (this is my favourite- yeah because the fossil fuel industry is poverty stricken)
>Well given the mounting evidence it may be real but what can we do- THE ECONOMY IS MORE IMPORTANT!
> Yeah it's real but Australia is too small to make any difference (where we are today)

"Anyone who doesn't live off grid has no right to an say anything" Ridiculous. We all have a right to make demands of our leadership. It's little wonder most Australians have no interest in lowering their carbon footprint because their leadership actively tells us that any effort we make is ultimately irrelevant and useless. Imagine we took this approach to World War 2? We didn't fight that on our own but we played a part.

The Liberals may not be directly responsible for these particular fires but they are responsible for decades of ignoring science and deliberately taking policy cues from people like Alan Jones and not the CSIRO or the BOM (you know Government departments chock full of experts) which has left us in a position where we are now miles behind the 8 ball while the chickens come home to roost.

They killed a carbon trading scheme
They killed the mining tax (don't even get me started on how this happened- we should all get something out of the miners pillaging the joint)
They invested in coal and waved it around in parliament
They killed targets with Electric cars
The list goes on and on and on and on and on but these were sensible, progressive policies that would have moved the needle on the debate-and to blame Bill Shorten for decisions made by leadership decades either side of him on the other side of politics is like blaming a bull for not being smart enough to ignore the matador.

And while I am ranting grown men who hate on a 16 year old girl for having 16 year old opinions because they are threatened is utterly pathetic.
I know 2 people now that have lost their houses in the fire. One family was neighbours and good mates with the guy in Cobargo who was killed. The Cobargo family were hippies and were not insured - they have lost everything and are now grasping with the reality of that decision. A very rough time for them.

The climate change denier line has gone like this:

>Its a lie- global warming is a hoax (Term gets changed to climate change)
>Climate change is "complete crap"- my local area has cold days! make up your mind (planet continues to warm)
>The scientists are in on a conspiracy to make money (this is my favourite- yeah because the fossil fuel industry is poverty stricken)
>Well given the mounting evidence it may be real but what can we do- THE ECONOMY IS MORE IMPORTANT!
> Yeah it's real but Australia is too small to make any difference (where we are today)

"Anyone who doesn't live off grid has no right to an say anything" Ridiculous. We all have a right to make demands of our leadership. It's little wonder most Australians have no interest in lowering their carbon footprint because their leadership actively tells us that any effort we make is ultimately irrelevant and useless. Imagine we took this approach to World War 2? We didn't fight that on our own but we played a part.

The Liberals may not be directly responsible for these particular fires but they are responsible for decades of ignoring science and deliberately taking policy cues from people like Alan Jones and not the CSIRO or the BOM (you know Government departments chock full of experts) which has left us in a position where we are now miles behind the 8 ball while the chickens come home to roost.

They killed a carbon trading scheme
They killed the mining tax (don't even get me started on how this happened- we should all get something out of the miners pillaging the joint)
They invested in coal and waved it around in parliament
They killed targets with Electric cars
The list goes on and on and on and on and on but these were sensible, progressive policies that would have moved the needle on the debate-and to blame Bill Shorten for decisions made by leadership decades either side of him on the other side of politics is like blaming a bull for not being smart enough to ignore the matador.

And while I am ranting grown men who hate on a 16 year old girl for having 16 year old opinions because they are threatened is utterly pathetic.
I know my posts have gotten a little emotional and rambled ranted etc with some knee jerk stuff However Frank's post is absolutely spot on and only got 4 likes? If there's any posts need to be read again it's this one

carcharias

Immortal
Ey Frenzy I need to put a vote in for 2020 forum awards.
Most emotional poster= battered flake.

hey Flakey
Lots of people are hurting
Lots are carrying on like complete f**kwits. Politics does that to people.
That is why I’m not interested.

By all means, make it personal by putting shit on me if it makes you feel better...
but please DON’T ask if or call my mate geniused.
Ok?

hows you your f**king tractor going?

DB65E703-BB68-4E45-BDE7-6C25047F4AE7.jpeg

I've had family evacuated at Mañana & 2 houses there the fire was stopped across the road by the ingleside volunteer fire fighters. Thank you from my family former PM Abbott. Ive also had family evacuated near Camden & some other joint highlands or something. Family members holiday house at Conjola escaped, whilst all other surrounding it were incinerated. Of course they were evacuated too.
Overall lucky, as no loss of property or life.
I asked my cousin when the last fire was at Conjola & she said she can never remember one or ever remember preventative burning being done.. Been going there since 1968 albeit only through weekends & holiday periods. The fuel load around the town was up to 2 metres deep.

carcharias

Immortal
I've had family evacuated at Mañana & 2 houses there the fire was stopped across the road by the ingleside volunteer fire fighters. Thank you from my family former PM Abbott. Ive also had family evacuated near Camden & some other joint highlands or something. Family members holiday house at Conjola escaped, whilst all other surrounding it were incinerated. Of course they were evacuated too.
Overall lucky, as no loss of property or life.
I asked my cousin when the last fire was at Conjola & she said she can never remember one or ever remember preventative burning being done.. Been going there since 1968 albeit only through weekends & holiday periods. The fuel load around the town was up to 2 metres deep.
Same as my mate
Can’t recall a fire near him in 25 years.
Hasn’t mentioned politics or politicians once.
Praised the RFS
Was told it was too windy to waterbomb in the 70km + winds the other day.

sharknows

Bench
Kevin Howland father of Brett ‘the Whippet’ Howland lost his home at Charley’s Forest on Saturday. Kevin is a lovely fella and has done so much for my mates widow who has a neighbouring property.

CArch there is a formula for fire intensity. It is fantastic science & mathematics & clearly measures the components of fire intensity & then how fire intensity creates active & passive crown fires & also the wind , dry lightning etc etc.
In the formula for fire intensity, it shows that kw/m2, is a product of heat, fuel & rate.
being able to measure fire intensity, means that fire fighting capabilities can then also be measured.
The answer to the winner of that battle is very simple in the current conditions. we have a combined Australian capability, every fire extinguisher, every truck, every fire fighter, every reservist, every machine, to stop less than 1% of current fires.
That doesnt mean that spot protection cant happen, however, the intensity of those locations over the last 2 weeks, makes it near impossible, unless you get lucky, like my family in Mañana, who got an 11th hour wind change as the fire hit the front fence.
So in the fire battle, intensity is king, of that there is not dispute.
There is only one thing, that land managers can control in regards to intensity.
Lets revisit that. heat, fuel, rate of spread.
Obviously, the answer to that is fuel.
Further firefighting papers worth a read once that is digested is the interaction between intensity & crown fires, both active & passive. ie. the current crown fires, where flames 50-80 m high are seen, are probably not acheivable without the curent decades of fuel build up. this leads to greater fire intensity, as the fuel load is increased exponentially.

Also, what will be interesting once the maths & figures are compiled by the government, is the amount of C02 added to the atmosphere over the last few months. Going to have some bed wetters running for their nappies when they find out it is equal to about a decade of human activity in Australia.

carcharias

Immortal
Im not going to pretend even understand all that.
All I know is driving through the Royal National Park every couple of days I’ve noticed massive amounts of dry fuel .
I really do t know where they’d start to get rid of it all...or how.

Quigs

Immortal
Gee Def you are good with these facts and figures. You remind me of Reefy back in the day when he was going on and on about f**kishima and how all nuclear reactors are so safe these days that good old f**ki would be back up and running within three weeks after the explosion.

Gawd I wish he was back so we could all get the good oil on things.