What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indie & Other Feds - SPOILERS

mackdadday

Juniors
If they get Styles and Ambrose, things are going to heat up. It seems rather coincidental that there Double or Nothing event is in May and AJ and a bunch of others come off contract in April. I wonder if they'd touch Enzo and Big Cass. I know this is early but it has that vibe of the old WCW/WWF days when youd have people showing up out of nowehere.

Apparently its two of the lads from OWE here in China, T-Hawk and another guy. Ugh, we went to a show about a month ago, and bush league doesnt even begin to describe it.

Headed along to WK14 this past weekend. A lot of fun as expected, NJPW sure do know how to put on a show. Probably could have been squeezed into one night, but they did big business.

Parrow has signed with MLW. He previously had a brief run as a participant in the tournament to crown the first NWA National Champion, where his background as a gay man in Pro Wrestling was explored. The bloke is a beast, and a great add to their roster.

Also in MLW, Gino Medina has split from The Dynasty (Alexander Hammerstone & Richard Holliday). Medina was the replacement for MJF when he became AEW exclusive. The kid can go, will be interesting to see how he is booked, particularly against his former Dynasty team mates who to me just have money written all over them, particularly Hammerstone.

Watching the current MLW episode. Parrow vs Mil Meurtes - love me a good old fashioned hoss fight! Meurtes (aka Mesias from AAA & TNA) is a big guy, and Parrow towers over him!

bileduct

Coach
Does anyone here use Plex?

I've been exploring Plex Channels (essentially aggregation of a whole bunch of online content) recently and found there's a shitload of wrestling content on there across four or five channels. Loads of TNA, ROH, TNT, OVW, GSW, PCW... the list goes on.

bileduct

Coach
Never heard of Plex to be honest. Might need to find it.

Plex is a multimedia streaming application that allows you to stream your audio/video files to other devices across a network. Basically a way to more easily enjoy your.... "downloaded" content at home. But you can also give it TV tuners and use it as a DVR. It's getting pretty big now as a home media center and there are now client apps available on pretty much every platform.

There is a server component to it so it does require a level of computer/networking skill, but at the most basic level it is something you could install on your home laptop/PC.

You can actually watch the Plex streams of these channels without using the app. The server/client combo will give you a Foxtel-like channel surfing experience, but you can still just watch the shit in a web browser if you want.

Right now I'm watching Warrior Wrestling on PWTV. There's a lot of stuff on here of shows being put on in school gyms.

bileduct

Coach
So digging a little further, there's an app for Pro Wrestling TV on android variants (LG WebOS, Nvidia Shield, etc.). It has the 24/7 channel and also a whole load of VOD content for lots of different promotions such as:

Women's Wrestling Army
Warrior Wrestling
Extreme TNT Wrestling
Control Your Narrative
New South Pro Wrestling
AAA Lucha Libre Worldwide
Global Syndicate Wrestling
+ Lots of commentary/review programs of big promotions

The majority of it is free, but you do need to buy the PPVs.

Also noticed that there's an app for Ohio Valley Wrestling. Lots of VOD content on there as well.

Last edited: