What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Again... When you add what we will pay him to what the Roosters have already paid him so far this year then he's probably earning what he would have been paid for the last year of his Roosters contract anyway.

If he'd have signed elsewhere and stayed at the Roosters for 2020 or if we buy out the last year of his current deal (which appears to be what is happening) then his notional value for this year is whatever his current contract is worth.

You'd have to really despise a potential employer to turn down an extra $600k for a years work lol For a guy that seems to have been all about the money the $400k rumor, if true, smells very iffy. Throw in the risk of a one year contract for a high collision sportsman and it begins to sound even less plausible.

adamkungl

Immortal
Whichever way you cut it, Mitchell has been forced out because Tedesco is better. You don't sign Tedesco in 2017 Mitchell would probably still be your fullback today. It's where he played all his junior footy and it's what he was promised before someone better came along and you had the opportunity to sign him.

Veeery long bow to draw to claim a 2017 signing is forcing a player out in 2020 (who is actually still contracted for 2020 no less). This is nothing like the Pearce Cronk situation, not even close to a valid comparison.

If we didnt sign Tedesco and LM played fullback those years, there are infinite ways that pans out.
Maybe he's hopeless and his career fizzles out before it really kicks off.
Maybe he goes to the Titans for a chance because he can't consistently perform at Easts.
Maybe he's a middle of the road fullback and we don't win the comp and he wouldn't dream of a $1M contract.
Maybe he's even better than he is at centre and we sign him up long term on record money.
Maybe someone poaches him earlier like Warriors nabbing RTS.

The fact is LM has forced himself out. We have the money, the club is simply choosing not to spend it on him due to his and his managers actions and attitude problems.

Sonny83

Juniors
Thats a very simplistic way to look at it. If you believe channel 9 teddy was a hack before he got to the roosters who have single handedly turned him into the player he is today.Sshort memories must be had because if you look back at his 2016 season in particular I struggle to him doing anything on the field today he wasn't doing back then. The only difference is he is now passing to Latrell, manu etc instead of Jordan rankin and kev naquima.

Going to the Roosters doesn't make you automatically a better player. I don't think theres any doubt RTS is a better player then he was at the Tri Colours, same as Ryan Matterson went from being a bench player to 18th man for NSW.

Well defensively he is better now and up on the passing game where he used to "pass me the ball and I'll do the rest"

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well defensively he is better now and up on the passing game where he used to "pass me the ball and I'll do the rest"

Defensively? Please he had a hell of a lot more practice doing that at Wests :joy:

I’m assuming you missed him chopping down Semi Radradra 1m from the line and the countless try assists in the above video

Spot On

Coach
The precedent was set with Glenn Stewart and Manly tbh

Depends on the player in question and the numbers being thrown around. 600 - 700K for Mitchell is very decent coin. Souths would need to be paying that less the $$$ the Roosters have paid so far of this year's deal.

What was the Stewart deal?

simmo05

Bench
More to the point ... McGuire will push him to places he will not enjoy being (freakin hard training and playing) and not allow him to visit places enjoys being (Taree) during the season.

Add to that the fact he'd have to be the Tigers best on ground every week for the $$$ he'd have been on.

Tigers have dodged a big mistake imo. So has Mitchell.

Wayno likes the types who need a cuddle and will cater accordingly.
And ole wango love stacking a team with spuds before he bails, so let's strap in for a big Lol!!

mave

Coach
Depends on the player in question and the numbers being thrown around. 600 - 700K for Mitchell is very decent coin. Souths would need to be paying that less the $$$ the Roosters have paid so far of this year's deal.

What was the Stewart deal?

Cant remember exactly.
I think we offered around 300-400 k and Gallop ( suprise, suprise,) knocked it back as it was half his NRL nominated value ( despite being a one club player, brother also at the club for a decade, etc).

Then Souths signed him ( there's another suprise).

If we had any brain, Manly should have offered him a million a year and just medically retired him with a sore shoulder/ shit attitude after a year or two, and employed him as Dessys coffee boy.

simmo05

Bench
Cant remember exactly.
I think we offered around 300-400 k and Gallop ( suprise, suprise,) knocked it back as it was half his NRL nominated value ( despite being a one club player, brother also at the club for a decade, etc).

Then Souths signed him ( there's another suprise).

If we had any brain, Manly should have offered him a million a year and just medically retired him with a sore shoulder/ shit attitude after a year or two, and employed him as Dessys coffee boy.
And it would have been knocked back because you are not one of the 'critical club's. Sad isn't it...

simmo05

Bench
A Simple response and to the point just for you.

YOU STINK OF ENVY , Vic Mackey......YOU STINK OF ENVY , most of your posts on Souths do.
What, stink of envy because the pride of the league got kicked out by the very league that was proud of it?? Or the fact that alot of the people marching were supporters of other Sydney clubs? Or is he envious of the fact the only reason you are successful is some rich merkin now owns you?

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Lol. That cannot be said with any certainty. It was entirely plausible that Valentine Holmes could have been the Aussie fullback or even GI. We lifted Teddy from a good player with potential into a kangaroo, Dally M medal winner and back to back premier

Give it a rest. Everyone knew what his abilities were.
Good on your mob for targeting him but don’t give the impression he was some battler from reserve grade

:cool: