What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Triguboff

Wizardman

First Grade
It would be nice if he could donate $1000 per Wests Tigers try this season to the fires disasters charities.

macnaz

Staff member
The tight old merkin.

Watch "Dick Smith vs Harry Triguboff" on YouTube

gordsy

Juniors
It would be even better if greedy governments paid volunteers, didn't go on holidays during crises, did regular and adequate levels of back burning, especially in critical danger areas and did so every year. It would be great if they also actually, built dams, didn't stuff around with the budgets of firies and helped staff the rfs.

Harry could give money but I'm not sure whether he should be obligated, especially when a lot of this money will go towards people who were too stupid and or tight to pay for insurance.

A rich friend of mine used to say he would anonymously give to one or two charities as once one found out the rest would try and solicit donations and he found it hard to pick which one he should give money too when so many were worthy.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
To put his wealth and his commitment into perspective I've done a few sums.
If a Weststigers supporter owned an average house and car etc and their total wealth was worth 1million dollars.
If via membership and game day food,transport etc plus merchandise over 1 season spent on behalf of their family a reasonable amount of $1000 , their expenditure would be 0.1 % of total worth.
If Harry the tight arse deadshit contributed just 0.1% of his total worth also it would be $11,000000. That's right 11 million bucks.
Wow what a miserable old merkin.!

Magpies Forever

Juniors
It would be even better if greedy governments paid volunteers, didn't go on holidays during crises, back burnt properly, built dams, didn't stuff around with the budgets of firies.

That said he could give money but I'm not sure whether he should, especially when a lot of this money will go towards people who were too stupid and or tight to pay for insurance.

Harry T could have done a lot for WT with even a trust benefit for the club or even more useful in days gone- a Harry T Centre of Sports Excellence for the club and players to use and/or a new unit to give once every 3 years as a TPA to a new marque player signing. Certainly any or all of these things would not make a huge den in his fortune.

Lets face it Harry T has not been and will never be a major contributor to the future well being of WT. Yes, I know there was the Meriton sponsorship but that was commercial business not his personal contribution.. .

stryker

First Grade
Harry could give money but I'm not sure whether he should be obligated, especially when a lot of this money will go towards people who were too stupid and or tight to pay for insurance.
...or too poor. The NSW South Coast is littered with retirees.

simmo05

Bench
Harry T could have done a lot for WT with even a trust benefit for the club or even more useful in days gone- a Harry T Centre of Sports Excellence for the club and players to use and/or a new unit to give once every 3 years as a TPA to a new marque player signing. Certainly any or all of these things would not make a huge den in his fortune.

Lets face it Harry T has not been and will never be a major contributor to the future well being of WT. Yes, I know there was the Meriton sponsorship but that was commercial business not his personal contribution.. .
And unfortunately we have made this merkin a life member! How pathetic, a billionaire life member and we are broke as shit

Vic Mackey

Referee

Whilst I too agree Harry’s support for the club appears to be more business then personal, he went on the record a few years ago saying he wanted to be a TPA for the club (he actually said he wanted to sign Billy Slater) but the NRL wouldn’t allow him too as he used to be a sponsor of the club and that’s against their rules

simmo05

Bench
Whilst I too agree Harry’s support for the club appears to be more business then personal, he went on the record a few years ago saying he wanted to be a TPA for the club (he actually said he wanted to sign Billy Slater) but the NRL wouldn’t allow him too as he used to be a sponsor of the club and that’s against their rules
Cash is king,

Magpies Forever

Juniors

Just an excuse- if he really wanted to, dont you think he'd have had barristers taking the NRL to court showing up all the NRL HQ inadequacies in application of said ''rules'' as precedents to stick it up the NRL? Hell, Clive Palmer takes people / organisations / governments to court somewhat weekly just for fun and to be annoying. Hell, slip an injunction request in to stop the next NRL season commencing and all signings to be halted pending the outcome of the court case. Palmer would do that and it sure makes the opposition take notice. NRL HQ would shit themselves if the Court granted the injunction. .

He's just one of those people who have / had passion for a club but dont really want to bother themselves too much in terms of $$$ helping even when in his case he really can. Compare him to Politis.

gordsy

Juniors
Just an excuse- if he really wanted to, dont you think he'd have had barristers taking the NRL to court showing up all the NRL HQ inadequacies in application of said ''rules'' as precedents to stick it up the NRL? Hell, Clive Palmer takes people / organisations / governments to court somewhat weekly just for fun and to be annoying. Hell, slip an injunction request in to stop the next NRL season commencing and all signings to be halted pending the outcome of the court case. Palmer would do that and it sure makes the opposition take notice. NRL HQ would shit themselves if the Court granted the injunction. .

He's just one of those people who have / had passion for a club but dont really want to bother themselves too much in terms of $$$ helping even when in his case he really can. Compare him to Politis.
Politis runs the Roosters which is fine as he is a smart football guy I'm not sure i want harry running the club. It would either be great or shit house.

...or too poor. The NSW South Coast is littered with retirees.
No sympathy from me. You role the dice, lots of times it will go ok but you know the risk of it going snake eyes.

Front-Rower

First Grade
The biggest myth in footballing history but anyhoo if he was fair dinkum I’m sure he could have made a lot of footballers “set for life” once they “retired”.

I also believe Harry wanted a seat at the table, something the club wasn't prepared to cede to him.

It'd be nice to have his money, but he's not one of the top 10 richest people in Australia for nothing. He obviously doesn't throw good money after bad.