What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Tommy Smith

Referee
Somewhat off topic, but Souths pursuit of Latrell is being put on hold because they're desperate to get Jai Arrow released a year early for 2020.

I read this morning that Souths are looking at a transfer fee and player swap as part of the deal.

But my question is: shouldn't any "monetary transfer fee" count under the salary cap?

Souths, despite their laughable "battlers" tag, would be arguably the wealthiest club in Sydney; so if transfer fees don't count under the cap then what is to stop richer clubs offering "the battlers" large sums of money to release their best players early?

It sounds like just another way for the cap to be circumvented.

Zadar

Juniors
Somewhat off topic, but Souths pursuit of Latrell is being put on hold because they're desperate to get Jai Arrow released a year early for 2020.

I read this morning that Souths are looking at a transfer fee and player swap as part of the deal.

But my question is: shouldn't any "monetary transfer fee" count under the salary cap?

Souths, despite their laughable "battlers" tag, would be arguably the wealthiest club in Sydney; so if transfer fees don't count under the cap then what is to stop richer clubs offering "the battlers" large sums of money to release their best players early?

It sounds like just another way for the cap to be circumvented.

Who would you want from Souths though?

Excluding cam Murray, It’s like having a big bucket of poo to stick your hand in, and whatever you pick out, is still poo.

MugaB

Coach
Just stating facts no dummy spit here.
1. Souths treated differently
2. Souths are scabs.
Prove the statement wrong.
Yeah im not a big fan of the Sydney rorters, but 1 & 2 are factually plausable to me, A.1909 GF should never be counted as there was no opposition, and B. GI & Sammy medically retired what utter rorting, i didn't see peter wallace or sam mckendry get any kickbacks off of their medical retirements, souffs are treated differently, might be coz of Packer Jr? or does Rusty pull ears in HQ

Last edited:

bull rider

Juniors
Yeah im not a big fan of the Sydney rorters, but 1 & 2 are factually plausable to me, A.1909 GF should never be counted as there was no opposition, and B. GI & Sammy medically retired what utter rorting, i didn't see peter wallace or sam mckendry get any kickbacks off of their medical retirements, souffs are treated differently, might be coz of Packer Jr? or does Rusty pull ears in HQ

Perhaps the panthers should have applied for it?

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors

Does that mean the knights, Wests & Broncos also got favoured treatment?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/16/inglis-salary-cap-ruling-gives-rabbitohs-$1-million-war-chest/

The ruling is similar to the way the NRL treated Peter Wallace's decision to retire last season and take up a coaching role at Penrith.

Lols.

In the words of ice cube, "check yourself before you wreck yourself."

Or perhaps they did... It was approved and Peter Wallace took up a coaching role with the Panthers immediately while his remaining salary was removed from the cap which is what actually happened...

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Or perhaps they did... It was approved and Peter Wallace took up a coaching role with the Panthers immediately while his remaining salary was removed from the cap which is what actually happened...

Bloody Gus must have pulled a few ears....lol

so now we have Penrith, the eels, the knights, Wests & Broncos all getting favoured treatment

Last edited: