What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

sharkman73

Juniors
Can anyone remember if Rudd copped this much or any shit when 73 people and over 2000 homes were lost in 2009?
Was it blamed on climate change?

serious question .

Wonder how much shit someone like Julia would cop from the shock jocks if she was PM now.

Ads

First Grade
People have worked him out it took along time but the message is getting through maybe Hawaii is where he should be...in secret off course
Doubt it. Social media is a lefty bubble. Proven at many elections. People are angry and he’s an easy target. If this was at the end of his 3 years he’d be worried but it’s not.

Generalzod

Immortal
Doubt it. Social media is a lefty bubble. Proven at many elections. People are angry and he’s an easy target. If this was at the end of his 3 years he’d be worried but it’s not.
I don’t think people will be that stupid again, geez even I got fooled but not again...

Ads

First Grade
I don’t think people will be that stupid again, geez even I got fooled but not again...
He'll win again more than likely. People will forget his holiday and realise he didn't cause the fires and forget the anger.

Eion

First Grade
would’ve it have even mattered who you voted for?
The government here has chopped and changed every bunch of years forever.
How the f**k can global warming be blamed on only one of them?...or one prime minister?
Yeah. If the greenies hadn’t held labor to ransom 10 years ago we would have had a whole different carbon trading scheme. If Abbott/Dutton hadn’t gunned for Malcolm, then a different ETS would be in place.

To blame 1 guy for this is absurd

Quicksilver

Bench
Yeah. If the greenies hadn’t held labor to ransom 10 years ago we would have had a whole different carbon trading scheme. If Abbott/Dutton hadn’t gunned for Malcolm, then a different ETS would be in place.

It has been a slow burn (excuse the pun)

But he is now the figurehead of coal/selfish action/bad government and he has been implicit in selling that message. As a leader it's reasonable for him to take the brunt of it.

But this is the leader that has reflected the majority view for probably 25 years, so we reap what we sow.

Ads

First Grade

Yes a tax would have saved us. Businesses buying credits from random places in the world would have stopped the south coast burning.

Eion

First Grade

But he is now the figurehead of coal/selfish action/bad government and he has been implicit in selling that message. As a leader it's reasonable for him to take the brunt of it.

But this is the leader that has reflected the majority view for probably 25 years, so we reap what we sow.
I wouldn’t label it bad government if they are responding to the majority view to put local jobs before weird carbon credit things when the likes of China march on.

But Scomo was doing that ETS thing with mally before he was rolled by Dutton/Abbott and has said a billion times he accepts climate change, so maybe there’ll be appetite for change after this.

carcharias

Immortal

I’m confused
Weren’t we using coal before scomo?

Quicksilver

Bench
Yes a tax would have saved us. Businesses buying credits from random places in the world would have stopped the south coast burning.

It would have put a price on a harmful externality.

It would have encouraged businesses to find ways of avoiding harmful outputs because business hates paying for shit.

It is the best market based mechanism you could come up with. But Abbott the communist thought a direct action plan was better.

Quicksilver

Bench
I’m confused
Weren’t we using coal before scomo?

Really?

He took it in to parliament for a demeaning stunt to tell us all to not be afraid of it.

Now you don't want him to own it.

f**k I wish I had that lack of accountability in my job.

Latest posts