What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Signs

possm

Coach
Fuimaono has some talent and not the worst signing we've made recently. Wether he will play as a forward or a back is yet to be determined.
My money is on him in the backs.
Yes I agree! He will partner Williame as backup in the centres and I expect to see them both in first grade earlier in the season rather than later.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Did you have to mention Mose Masoe ? I was waiting for him to play a first grade match , just one , but no the big ox had to go and do his knee in - twice for pity sake .

However back to Fuimaono , he has speed and size a great combination for a forward and the icing on the cake is he is still young . As others have said hopefully the man is over his injuries and will bulk up a bit more and who knows - we could very well have ourselves another Tyson Fizell on the books .

I used to love those weekly press conferences. Mose Masoe was improving, not far away, remedial work going well, ran without pain, bandages are off, full mobility is back etc etc. Finally they stopped talking about him altogether, it was like he'd been disappeared.

He played an important role in helping McGregor formulate excuses off the cuff, and I feel his contribution to the club shouldn't be ignored.

Belta

Juniors
When I look at most of the NRL teams I find their starting backlines pretty much pick themselves and bar one or two variations are pretty much set in stone.

For me I’m interested to see how things pan out for the Dragons. For me there’s still much confusion on what our best backline is. What really is our best 1 to 5? I’m not sure if Lomax is a fullback or centre? My guess would be centre. Is there a game plan for Dufty? Where will Sailor play? To me Sailor looks best at fullback. Who are our best Wingers? Saab and Rav or Peirra? Can our halves live up to everyone’s high expectations? Are there any youngsters in the picture ie Schiller, or Ramsey, Feagal...others? Does the Luke signing have any ups? JDB??? Will the Simms brothers have a big year? Will Lawrie, Kerr step up, (they need to) are there any surprises Host? Last on PCM, how do we fix this?

Now we have Williame and Fuimano. Id say they sense a chance at the Dragons. To me either or both could be very handy and if the outside backs underperform they are in a position to cement a starting spot. Both pretty young and have upsides. Interesting to see if we notice anything different with team selections with Flannagan on board, I’m very much hoping so. I find it Interesting that we conceded more tries down our right sides than any other team and second most down our left side behind Titans. I wonder if Flannagans can assist to sort out something to help this stat. A few new players, a few new ideas, looking forward to the season kicking off.

ALSGI

Bench
When I look at most of the NRL teams I find their starting backlines pretty much pick themselves and bar one or two variations are pretty much set in stone.

For me I’m interested to see how things pan out for the Dragons. For me there’s still much confusion on what our best backline is. What really is our best 1 to 5? I’m not sure if Lomax is a fullback or centre? My guess would be centre. Is there a game plan for Dufty? Where will Sailor play? To me Sailor looks best at fullback. Who are our best Wingers? Saab and Rav or Peirra? Can our halves live up to everyone’s high expectations? Are there any youngsters in the picture ie Schiller, or Ramsey, Feagal...others? Does the Luke signing have any ups? JDB??? Will the Simms brothers have a big year? Will Lawrie, Kerr step up, (they need to) are there any surprises Host? Last on PCM, how do we fix this?

Now we have Williame and Fuimano. Id say they sense a chance at the Dragons. To me either or both could be very handy and if the outside backs underperform they are in a position to cement a starting spot. Both pretty young and have upsides. Interesting to see if we notice anything different with team selections with Flannagan on board, I’m very much hoping so. I find it Interesting that we conceded more tries down our right sides than any other team and second most down our left side behind Titans. I wonder if Flannagans can assist to sort out something to help this stat. A few new players, a few new ideas, looking forward to the season kicking off.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts too, especially the confusion part. Also glad you mentioned Dufty - surely someone could properly develop him into a weapon.

Only thoughts we don’t share are for the first time ever in over 50years as a tragic Dragons supporter I’m not looking forward to the season at all - I’m totally flat with little care factor. And there’d be plenty like me - ripe for the picking by other codes here and overseas.

Those in charge for the last 6 years should be bloody ashamed.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Pretty much sums up my thoughts too, especially the confusion part. Also glad you mentioned Dufty - surely someone could properly develop him into a weapon.

Only thoughts we don’t share are for the first time ever in over 50years as a tragic Dragons supporter I’m not looking forward to the season at all - I’m totally flat with little care factor. And there’d be plenty like me - ripe for the picking by other codes here and overseas.

Well said and re Dufty.
If he was playing at the storm or with a decent coach he would be a try scoring weapon

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Agree, ALSGI.

I'd still be playing Dufty at back, Lomax inside left or right centre ( whichever fits best ).
Sailor, Peirra & Saab for the other centre and on the wings.( They need to learn how to tackle )
Not a strong group but young and need time to grow into their spots.

......Aitken and Lafai can play, left right out!

Gareth67

First Grade
I used to love those weekly press conferences. Mose Masoe was improving, not far away, remedial work going well, ran without pain, bandages are off, full mobility is back etc etc. Finally they stopped talking about him altogether, it was like he'd been disappeared.

He played an important role in helping McGregor formulate excuses off the cuff, and I feel his contribution to the club shouldn't be ignored.

I don’t wish to visit ‘ what could had been ‘ if big Mose had been 100% fit and had taken
the field , but unfortunately I was roped in to the man from the original 1/2 a column article that appeared in the Sunday Tele years ago that said the Dragons had signed him.

It said how he was playing fairly decent footy in the ESL and that we could expect big things from him , of course that never eventuated and even if he had no injuries the man simply was not up to the first grade standard of the NRL . Shame for him and the fans .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I don’t wish to visit ‘ what could had been ‘ if big Mose had been 100% fit and had taken
the field , but unfortunately I was roped in to the man from the original 1/2 a column article that appeared in the Sunday Tele years ago that said the Dragons had signed him.

It said how he was playing fairly decent footy in the ESL and that we could expect big things from him , of course that never eventuated and even if he had no injuries the man simply was not up to the first grade standard of the NRL . Shame for him and the fans .
My favourite Mose moment..

Gareth67

First Grade
My favourite Mose moment..

Great clip , shows just what we missed out on . I bet Mary had seen that and had already formulated a game plan revolving around the ‘ Mose Grid Iron ‘ pass . There , he can use that as another reason as to why we failed in that particular season .

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Is there any chance the club could sign a current first grade player who isn’t injury riddled and/or isn’t looking for a final pay cheque?

Spot on SJG- Essentially, this summer, we have recruited an old guy now onto his third NRL club, another old guy who didn't like his overseas club and they didn't like him either, a younger guy who couldn't cut it in the NRL and went overseas and now wants to come home and a guy who is injury prone.

I assume there is an area in the signings section on Millward's desk marked " On a wing and a prayer/ S**t I hope these signings work out".

BLM01

First Grade
Spot on SJG- Essentially, this summer, we have recruited an old guy now onto his third NRL club, another old guy who didn't like his overseas club and they didn't like him either, a younger guy who couldn't cut it in the NRL and went overseas and now wants to come home and a guy who is injury prone.

I assume there is an area in the signings section on Millward's desk marked " On a wing and a prayer/ S**t I hope these signings work out".
That is his mantra and coaching DNA...just replace the word "signings" and put in any word you like...that describes his ability