What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

Quicksilver

Bench
Anyway, the coal issue is an aside. We will never solve that because we don't collectively acknowledge there is a problem. That's fine. As a nation we have decided that it's either not real or not worth doing anything about. That's fine. Majority rules. I do believe it's an issue but I'm going to shut up because I lose social brownie points and it harms my reputation by going against the heard.

I have an issue with Morrison refusing to meet with the fire chiefs that wanted to explain the risk of the upcoming catastrophe. Now it has happened.

Quicksilver

Bench
He'll win again more than likely. People will forget his holiday and realise he didn't cause the fires and forget the anger.

He absolutely will win again.

These fires will not matter to Australians in 5 minutes time.

carcharias

Immortal
Really?

He took it in to parliament for a demeaning stunt to tell us all to not be afraid of it.

Now you don't want him to own it.

f**k I wish I had that lack of accountability in my job.

That is not the point.

it’s like it’s ok for your mob to use coal but not his?

that’s politics

Quicksilver

Bench
That is not the point.

it’s like it’s ok for your mob to use coal but not his?

that’s politics
That is the point though. We are reliant on coal. It's going to be a long process to do anything about it. Power plants etc don't disappear overnight.

This issue needs long term direction. If we are serious about doing anything the current leadership has to point us in the appropriate direction.

He loves coal. He got up and made a cunning stunt about it.

That's fine. The citizens voted for it. It's obviously what most of us want.

But it's fair enough for him to own the consequences of his own words, actions and cheap stunts if it goes pear shape.

carcharias

Immortal
I'm the coal man but please don't associate me with coal.
The thing is 90% of the people losing their minds are blaming scomo for a practice that has been going on for decades.

Did you complain when the Labour Party were in power and were using coal?

Eion

First Grade
Anyway, the coal issue is an aside. We will never solve that because we don't collectively acknowledge there is a problem. That's fine. As a nation we have decided that it's either not real or not worth doing anything about. That's fine. Majority rules. I do believe it's an issue but I'm going to shut up because I lose social brownie points and it harms my reputation by going against the heard.

I have an issue with Morrison refusing to meet with the fire chiefs that wanted to explain the risk of the upcoming catastrophe. Now it has happened.
You see, this ‘not meeting the fire chiefs’ is crap too. He didn’t meet with past fire chiefs that are a Tim Flannery formed pro climate change group. There’s no suggestion I’ve seen that he has refused to meet any current fire chiefs...but by all means post links.

Quicksilver

Bench
You see, this ‘not meeting the fire chiefs’ is crap too. He didn’t meet with past fire chiefs that are a Tim Flannery formed pro climate change group. There’s no suggestion I’ve seen that he has refused to meet any current fire chiefs...but by all means post links.

He didn't meet with them because it wasn't what he wanted to hear.

And fair enough. I wouldn't either. That's leadership, ignoring what you don't want to know and still pushing the convenient lines.

carcharias

Immortal

And fair enough. I wouldn't either. That's leadership, ignoring what you don't want to know and still pushing the convenient lines.

I thought he did meet them
Just not the retired blokes
He reckons they both suggested the same thing as to what they did.

that was from one of those press conferences he’s spoken at .

Eion

First Grade

Exactly, but the spin is he’s refusing to meet with bona fide current chiefs about managing the upcoming season...not fire seasons that may or may not be impacted by direct policy decisions in 20 years or beyond.

Generalzod

Immortal
Craig Kelly he is switched on when it comes to the science of climate change according to Richo and motor mouth Jones

Latest posts