What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: The Bush Fires + Royal Commission

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I have to that with all the attempted political point scoring and the phenomenal effort by all our volunteers as well as professional fire fighters, this guy has been an absolute rock. He never sleeps.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
And some of those who have dug deep (although they have deep pockets)

James Packer $5 million
Thor $1 million
Elton John $1 million
Kylie and Danni $500K
Pink $500K
Metalica $750K

Eelogical

Referee

James Packer $5 million
Thor $1 million
Elton John $1 million
Kylie and Danni $500K
Pink $500K
A mate of mine in the USA donated some dollars through the OZ Red Cross. It's the thought.

Gronk

Staff member
I have to that with all the attempted political point scoring and the phenomenal effort by all our volunteers as well as professional fire fighters, this guy has been an absolute rock. He never sleeps.

Yes, indeed if you follow this link and watch the video of Kochie’s interview, he addresses the myths that greenies prevent them back burning and that farmers are prevented from dozing fire breaks. He also addresses the impact of the change in the weather and the smaller window for safe winter hazard reduction.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Barnaby is a drunken fool, but his point is still valid despite what the hero of the day says. As always, its not the entire issue, but from my experience it is undoubtedly a factor.

Why do dickcheese's feel the need to make the argument black and white and take sides? One side is only ever partially right at best.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Barnaby is a drunken fool, but his point is still valid despite what the hero of the day says. As always, its not the entire issue, but from my experience it is undoubtedly a factor.

Why do dickcheese's feel the need to make the argument black and white and take sides? One side is only ever partially right at best.

Rule number one of debate

You can't beat stupid.

Rule number two of debate.

No, really, you can't beat stupid.

Bandwagon

Staff member
What's rule number three? Seems strange to have stopped at two.

I haven't got all f**king day to make up rules, what am I, some kinda rule making machine?

I gave you two, now work the rest out for yourself.

FFS f**kin'

Eelogical

Referee
I haven't got all f**king day to make up rules, what am I, some kinda rule making machine?

I gave you two, now work the rest out for yourself.

FFS f**kin'
You seem to have a distinct feminine side, making up rules as you go along.

Eelementary

Post Whore

James Packer $5 million
Thor $1 million
Elton John $1 million
Kylie and Danni $500K
Pink $500K
Metalica $750K

I know Packer is a billionaire, but donating $5 million is huge.

Ditto for everyone else on that list - they are all champions for helping out.

Gronk

Staff member
Scotty from Marketing made a plea for donations yesterday. Not sure if this is unprecedented, however when you throw in his comment that the volunteer RFS “want to be out there” smacks of a Montgomery Burns merkin who hates to put his hand in his pocket. He only committed to compensate firies and provide cash for more resources after being hounded by community sentiment.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...unteers-decry-pms-claim-they-want-to-be-there

Latest posts