What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The way I see it, if all the greenies/lefties are wrong, at least we have a nicer planet to live on
The greenies are only a political force in the West, and the West only has power while it is economically strong. It's possible that trying to save the planet could just turn Western nations (except America) into martyrs while China and the US continue their arms race for the next hundred years.

I guess he (Kelly) must be a scientist to make such a claim.

The IPCC is full of scientists and they have made that claim:

81671256_10158062635542059_564107760640196608_n.jpg

Exactly.

It's the result of several factors and climate change is one of them

No, it's not.
If the poles are getting colder why are the ice caps melting?
What year did global warming cease to exist?
And if they were wrong about global warming could they be wrong about climate change?

They're not. Just ask Antarctica. As for the Arctic, that's been happening since the 1850s, but all the predictions of an ice free pole by 2007 (I mean, 2010...I mean, 2014...I mean, 2017...I mean, 2020...) have been, shockingly, wrong.

It never existed but...let's just say 1997 (when the 1970-2000-ish warming period ended).

Of course not. Don't be a racist.

I was referring to the Younger Dryas event. As far as I’m aware there were no meteors, volcanos that caused it (though I could be wrong)

Analysis of the sediment layer seems to indicate that there was, indeed, a cosmic impact.

strider

Post Whore
So the IPCC have said it seems wetter in places that were dry and drier in places that were wet .... sounds like a "change" to me

hindy111

Post Whore
“1.9 The committee recognises that the Commonwealth has limited responsibility for bushfire management in Australia. In accordance with the distribution of powers under the Australian Constitution, the primary responsibility for the protection of life, property and the environment lies with the states and territories…”

strider

Post Whore
“1.9 The committee recognises that the Commonwealth has limited responsibility for bushfire management in Australia. In accordance with the distribution of powers under the Australian Constitution, the primary responsibility for the protection of life, property and the environment lies with the states and territories…”
1.9 (a) But if half the f**kin country is on fire, the Commonwealth needs to do something.

I view on the matter is Scoy is copping major flack mostly cos he is Scoy and people dont like him to start with - and alot of it is unfair. But he and his government also havent done themselves any favours and have taken the watch it run past and tackle it from behind approach, which isnt ideal. Though if we are fair dinkum, thats probably the way most things in the world work.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The IPCC is full of scientists and they have made that claim:

81671256_10158062635542059_564107760640196608_n.jpg

No, it's not.

They're not. Just ask Antarctica. As for the Arctic, that's been happening since the 1850s, but all the predictions of an ice free pole by 2007 (I mean, 2010...I mean, 2014...I mean, 2017...I mean, 2020...) have been, shockingly, wrong.

It never existed but...let's just say 1997 (when the 1970-2000-ish warming period ended).

Of course not. Don't be a racist.

Analysis of the sediment layer seems to indicate that there was, indeed, a cosmic impact.

opinions aren't facts

Bandwagon

Staff member
Why didn't people question the hole in the ozone layer as not true. The general public accepted it and we banned cfc to repair it.And it's almost completely repaired.
But so many people are against global warming an deny it's happening.Why are people not believing this yet so accepting of the hole in ozone layer?
I'm curious

There are still people today, right here on LU even, arguing that the hole in the ozone layer was another nothing burger and didn't really happen, then using that as another example of over reaction to another non-existent problem in support of the idea that climate change also is an over reaction to a non-existent problem.