What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
I acknowledge we are not going to sign Alex Johnson but 83 tries in a 120 odd appearances in a pretty decent record. I think the West Tigers if they pick him up are getting a pretty decent player who is still only 25. Given his age and upside would be a better pickup than Dane Gagai who is 3/4 years older and probably at the back end of his career. We won’t be getter either we don’t sign outside backs.

MugaB

Coach
Alex Johnson is a good winger. Trouble is, he thinks he is a Fullback.
I reckon weve had enough wingers, that wanna be fullbacks, and fullbacks that wanna be 5/8ths etc.
If we want an outside back, just go for JAC and keep our centres as is, if storm need a trade for him, try Mansour, if not keep us souths rejects free

franklin2323

Immortal
I reckon weve had enough wingers, that wanna be fullbacks, and fullbacks that wanna be 5/8ths etc.
If we want an outside back, just go for JAC and keep our centres as is, if storm need a trade for him, try Mansour, if not keep us souths rejects free

Storm will take a transfer fee for JAC that is how I would go for it

age.s

First Grade
Even being desperate for a centre I find it hard to hope we nab Gagai. Overrated (though this is fading quickly) and routinely given a bath at centre, particularly at club level.

I think he'd be an improvement to our top 17 but would almost certainly cost too much.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
The domino effect on not getting Wayne Bennett. Jai Arrows reason for going to Souths was Wayne. I do not know much about him but to be a Qld Rep he must be good to some eyes. Wayne would have also removed the deadwood we have.

franklin2323

Immortal
Even being desperate for a centre I find it hard to hope we nab Gagai. Overrated (though this is fading quickly) and routinely given a bath at centre, particularly at club level.

I think he'd be an improvement to our top 17 but would almost certainly cost too much.

That is how I see it. He would add to it this year but no guarantee that next year is the same case

franklin2323

Immortal
The domino effect on not getting Wayne Bennett. Jai Arrows reason for going to Souths was Wayne. I do not know much about him but to be a Qld Rep he must be good to some eyes. Wayne would have also removed the deadwood we have.

Having a head coach that is 70 isn't good long term so of course you would go all in while you had him

Fangs

Coach
No to Gagai. Better than our current options but not by a lot. Will save his best for QLD and that's not in our interests.

Kilkenny

Coach
Gagai is VERY average

It’s fine to say that but he has excelled at SOO level so he has to offer something.

Given his career record and recent history he is probably better than any of our current outside backs.

I’m not saying I would recruit him given his age and salary but which of our current outside backs offer more that Gagai. To’o has potential, Whare is done, Mansour two or three season s ago definitely but sadly his best if behind him and that’s about it.

We really have an issue going forward with our centre three quarters & wingers.

Dave's mate

Juniors
It’s fine to say that but he has excelled at SOO level so he has to offer something.

Given his career record and recent history he is probably better than any of our current outside backs.

I’m not saying I would recruit him given his age and salary but which of our current outside backs offer more that Gagai. To’o has potential, Whare is done, Mansour two or three season s ago definitely but sadly his best if behind him and that’s about it.

In a gun team he does well. When he has to make things happen (like at Newy) he's crap

franklin2323

Immortal

His success has come on the wing though. Better wingers available and likely our centres will be better then him come end of the season

JAC is much better value for the same money

MugaB

Coach
His success has come on the wing though. Better wingers available and likely our centres will be better then him come end of the season

JAC is much better value for the same money
JAC or no one, gagai only plays well for origin fullstop, he wont buy in, plus he'll be the sorta guy thatll give DCE and Munster tips on shutting down Nathan just to win Origin, he is one of those guys who just wants to win, but not buy working at it

Status
Not open for further replies.