What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I liked Musgrove in his time at Souths and is a very nice addition to an already strong pack at Wests imo.
Madge must believe in his character to bring him in knowing the kind of guy he is. Could prove to be a very shrewd signing.

Madge puts character in perspective and his no dickhead policy really centres around the team and it’s needs.

Thus he continued to select Kirisome in 2014 despite some very serious legal question marks.

Mattersons strength was half proving to the roosters they let the wrong man go, but they won the comp, so hands down they won that battle.

His manager has been struck off for alleged “dog acts” anyway.

If Packer is good enough he will be given the opportunity. Madge is pristine on these things.

We might want to be thinking about extending Madge.

I am glad @Travitoh sees merit in our pack. He joins a few of us in that assessment, myself included.

Travitoh

First Grade
Madge puts character in perspective and his no dickhead policy really centres around the team and it’s needs.

Thus he continued to select Kirisome in 2014 despite some very serious legal question marks.

Mattersons strength was half proving to the roosters they let the wrong man go, but they won the comp, so hands down they won that battle.

His manager has been struck off for alleged “dog acts” anyway.

If Packer is good enough he will be given the opportunity. Madge is pristine on these things.

We might want to be thinking about extending Madge.

I am glad @Travitoh sees merit in our pack. He joins a few of us in that assessment, myself included.

True but he also released Dylan Walker and Paul Carter, two players who have continued to have behavioural issues away from the field. Dylan Walker in particular was a great player for Souths at that point.
Auva'a however had no other drama i believe. He returned in 2016 performing below expectations, moved to Parra and retired two years later with a back injury.

As a Souths premiership coach and former Adelaide Ram, Madge is a guy who i hope has success where ever he goes.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Personally I doubt Packer has the work rate to compete with the other front rowers on our books or the engine. Might be proven wrong, but I think there are four in front of him, although with injuries he will get his chance. Not many rate Clark, but Madge has big wraps on him,throw in Twal, Big Tom, Musgrove and Garlic sauce..and I think Packer will struggle to get a gig

LOL GARLIC SAUCE.

Definitely referring to Aloai as Garlic Sauce moving forward

WA Tiger

Bench
I love what they are doing, even though it is going to affect us. It is exactly how both Moses and matterson should have been handled
Agree but it’s only talk now like it was with us...Why would we even want JAC if we had to give a player of “Commensurate” value back to them..I think that’s just tough sounding talk like they arnt going to lose out ...I hope the story hasn’t finished yet and Josh plays like shit citing home sickness or something. Right now he’s prob not a happy camper..we shouldn’t give the storm too much credit ..they will prob just go with their best and most pain free option as realistically we did with Matterson...Bellamy just wants a year to find an alternative player ..no way will he demand that he stays and I can’t see Josh going where Bellamy tells him he has to go, if he doesn’t want to go there.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
Garlic sauce is a semi-elite player on his day.

A genuine destroyer of packs when he wants to rip in.

It’s up to Madge and the team shrinks to get him into fifth gear and meet his astonishing potential.

He seems to hit a purple patch with his form and the next week suffers a injury and is back to square one. Probably has the most potential of all our forwards, but injuries are holding him back a tad

super_coach

First Grade
Some guy has posted on Souths forum that the Trell has signed with Souths and the press conference is presumably tomorrow and he got his info from Danny Wezzell.

If this is the case I am happy because there will be no room for Arrow in 2020....and I have never seen a team with a average pack and a star studded backline do very well, but I have seen plenty of sides with a star studded pack and a average backline do very well.

Don’t get me wrong...would love the Trell at Concord, but it would be a high risk and very expensive. Take him away from Cronk and Karey and all the other quality players at the Chooks and he might just come back to the field very quickly...He could also blow up like Owen Cragie.

Be nice to be able to put the Trell mystery to bed

Vic Mackey

Referee
Some guy has posted on Souths forum that the Trell has signed with Souths and the press conference is presumably tomorrow and he got his info from Danny Wezzell.

If this is the case I am happy because there will be no room for Arrow in 2020....and I have never seen a team with a average pack and a star studded backline do very well, but I have seen plenty of sides with a star studded pack and a average backline do very well.

Don’t get me wrong...would love the Trell at Concord, but it would be a high risk and very expensive. Take him away from Cronk and Karey and all the other quality players at the Chooks and he might just come back to the field very quickly...He could also blow up like Owen Cragie.

Be nice to be able to put the Trell mystery to bed

I got over Latrell when we pulled his deal, wouldn’t even be excited if we signed him now.

Lol Souths fans, yes I’m sure Channel 9 and SMH lead league reporter is breaking stories to them and holding then back from his media outlets

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
The only real problem with the whole Latrell mess is that we look like a bunch of mark ass bitches. Maybe we don't see it that way, but everyone else in the NRL does and its gonna make it very hard to attract talent.

I just pray to Odin that Addo-Carr ends up back at the Tigers. A marquee player continuing his marquee form then provides a baseline that its not career suicide for marquee players coming over to us

axl rose

Bench
Arrow to Souths is now locked in. I can't see them having the cash for Latrel as well after giving Arrow $800k a season. Surely Latrell is off to the Titans
Will 'sit out' a year with Roosters reserves and still collect his money. Nice little Xmas gift from Greenberger to Souths via Burgess salary exemption. That salary cap is working wonders helping the bottom clubs. May as well re-name it the Premier League, 4 rich clubs and the rest feeder teams.

rex2ce

Juniors
Will 'sit out' a year with Roosters reserves and still collect his money. Nice little Xmas gift from Greenberger to Souths via Burgess salary exemption. That salary cap is working wonders helping the bottom clubs. May as well re-name it the Premier League, 4 rich clubs and the rest feeder teams.
If Burgess plays again, which he will , Souths should have to pay the money back out of their cap

Tigerm

First Grade
If Burgess plays again, which he will , Souths should have to pay the money back out of their cap
With all the political implications of the Arrow signing, (I am over LM) I just hope we can get JAC and I think we could be back on track. AJ would be a bonus as well. We have a need for speed.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Souths can easily sign Latrell. Nrl contracts start in Nov. If he waits till Jan to sign with Souths then that's over 120k the Roosters have paid him, Souths can sign him for 670k, if you believe the figure is 800k.
Heck if Rusty kicked in 100k or his own money, sponsor deals etc they could pull it off for less than 600k....

Ned Kelly

Juniors
OK so I am desperate for any glimmer of hope that we can sign someone for this year or worst case scenario next year.

Can anyone tell me what quality players are available for this year or next?

It seems we have $1m would could spend now except we can't find anyone who wants to come.

Out of desperation I would spend that million doing whatever it takes to get JAC here now!

Vozzy

Juniors
Well only Latrell Mitchell falls into the star player category that were available everyone else had potential like Lomax.

People saying no one wants to come to the tigers. It's only one player we seem to have approached that doesn't want to come. If the Roosters are happy to see him go then he would be a pain to manage especially on a million a year.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Well only Latrell Mitchell falls into the star player category that were available everyone else had potential like Lomax.

People saying no one wants to come to the tigers. It's only one player we seem to have approached that doesn't want to come. If the Roosters are happy to see him go then he would be a pain to manage especially on a million a year.
The last sentence says it all re what a pain in the neck he must be as an employee.The rorters are the benchmark in professionalism & for them to b so eager to c the back of him is very telling.