What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under rated actors

Eelementary

Post Whore
Alexander Skarsgard - he has been in some stinkers (those Tarzan films sucked), but he is brilliant

Emma Thompson - she's a big name, but I feel she doesn't get the recognition she deserves. Her role in "Love Actually" broke my heart, and she was so, so good.

mongoose

Coach
Colin Farrell - I never used to like him but he's changed his image a bit over the years and done some real out-there shit lately (the killing of a sacred deer, the lobster).
Apparently he's going to play The Penguin in the next Batman.

Parra

Referee
Gene Hackman worked for over 60+ years, won 2 oscars and probably nominated for every acting award in american cinema. I would love a detailed explanation as to how he can be considered as underrated.

Despite these awards, he never seems to get recognition as a great actor. Except by the Hoodoo Gurus of course.

Rod McClusky

Juniors
Colin Farrell - I never used to like him but he's changed his image a bit over the years and done some real out-there shit lately (the killing of a sacred deer, the lobster).
Apparently he's going to play The Penguin in the next Batman.
Kevin Spacey introduce Farrell around Hollywood, and helped get him in the movie “Tigerland”
Farrell has been very quite about the drama around Spacey
quid pro quo?

Gene Hackman worked for over 60+ years, won 2 oscars and probably nominated for every acting award in american cinema. I would love a detailed explanation as to how he can be considered as underrated.

My explanation is that I always forget how good he is until I watch him again. I also don’t pay too much attention to awards and couldn’t tell you who has won them over the years.

This results in him not being top of mind when I am rating my favourite actors. I underrate Gene Hackman.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Gene Hackman is great.

The ball grabbing scene in Mississippi Burning......

And no man wears tin foil hat better. I think I am being watched now......

Eelementary

Post Whore
Robin Williams - he was extremely charismatic, and very quick-witted, but he was also able to play dramatic roles with panache (Good Will Hunting, One Hour Photo, Insomnia). I feel people best remember him for his comedy, but the man was very, very talented.

Colin Firth - did a lot of romantic comedies, and he was excellent in them, but every once in a while, he will play a role like he did in Kingsmen, The King's Speech, or 1917, and he reminds you that he is an extremely versatile, and somewhat under-appreciated, actor.

Martin Sheen - the man oozes charisma, and I find that even his cheesiest roles (Twilight) are done very well.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
220px-Nissan_Cedric_Custom_H31.jpg

The Nissan Cedric, next to the rail line.

gUt

Coach
Maybe not underrated as such but there's plenty of comedians who are (perhaps) surprisingly good actors. Jim Carey, Eddie Murphy, Gervais/Merchant/Pilkington, Bill Burr, John Candy and Don Rickles are a few that spring to mind.

Also I reckon Sigourney Weaver seems underrated to me.

No one knows who he is but Unknown Hinson is a country music singer and is a wonderful voice actor as Early Cuyler on Squidbillies.

mongoose

Coach
Martin Sheen - the man oozes charisma, and I find that even his cheesiest roles (Twilight) are done very well.

I think you mean Michael Sheen? Martin Sheen is Charlie Sheen's father/apocalypse now

Michael Sheen was married to Kate Beckinsale, that's punching above your weight...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Who does not rate Robin Williams?

Sorry, I like the thought, but Robin is a legend to everyone.

Known for being a funny merkin, one of the best ever.

But was rated for his roles, too many to name.