What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Lololol, the flat tracker rolled the dice and came up souffs eyes. Hopefully Sir Wayne will introduce some accountability into the bloke's career and we see him step up when the roosters aren't up 36-6, or playing the Titans (not mutually exclusive).
He was never worth that top of the pile cash for the output he gives, so maybe this will spur him into action to try and get his NSW jersey back.

He won’t get a blues jumper back whilst Freddy the Rooster is coach. Uncle Nick will see to that

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
So latrell gets x offer from Roosters. Says no

Gets x plus more $ offer from the Tigers . Says no.

Gets x minus $ from Rabbits. Says yes.

Now Mitchell can sign where he likes, for whatever offer he likes, I dont care about that part of it.

The issue is market value, and the NRL previously not allowing clubs to sign players for under the market value at the NRLs discretion.

Yet again some teams get treated very differently to other teams. Good luck to the Rabbits, they are clearly one of the darling clubs of the NRL.

market value?

Any idea of his current contract value with the used car salesman?

MKCS

Juniors
Latrell would've been much more accepted in general if he signed with the Tigers. Nobody really dislikes the Tigers they're a good club with a good fanbase. Latrell playing at his best would probably take them into the 8.

Instead he's signed with the Rabbitohs who almost everyone hates, a disgusting fanbase filled with mainly idiots (No disrespect to any of the Souths fans here. Most of you are alright) and gets the hate of the Roosters fans for turning his back on the club and signing with their main rival.

Tommy Smith

Referee
And a crap losing side that is trying to rebuild. it would have been a dumbarse move.
I guess it depends on whether or not you like a challenge.

The Tigers are the Masters of the 9th placed finish. But Latrell could have turned them into a top 4 contender if he really hit his straps at fullback.

And there'd be nothing better than being the champion player on a team playing in front of 20k passionate fans at a packed out Leichardt on a Sunday afternoon.

Instead he chose the easy option and gets to play in front of 65k empty seats at ANZ.

Joeboy

Juniors
This whole saga (Souths, Burgess,arrow, Mitchell) still doesn’t pass the sniff test to me. Shonky to the core.

* expedited medical retirement with zero salary cap ramifications
* contracted marquee player from minnow club manoeuvred into coming year early
* cash payment to player manager to ensure Souths get Mitchell. Surely that’s an inducement that is counted on the cap

the whole thing reeks of Greenberg’s duplicity, double standards and favouritism to certain clubs

No club should get away with what Souths have.

MKCS

Juniors
win another 20 to equal us and come back to talk.

now, as to this season. You guys have Buckley’s chance.:eek:
We on the other hand are a real threat:p

Haha.

The Roosters are underestimated every year. We will find a new Latrell Mitchell quite quickly, Flanagan will suddenly become the second coming of Andrew Johns and you + your Souffs mates will be blabbering on about how the Roosters are over the cap again in July.

Also, if the Roosters won another 20 grand finals they would be way over the amount that Souths have achieved. You Souths fans aren't great on the old mathematics I see :(

Vic Mackey

Referee
win another 20 to equal us and come back to talk.

now, as to this season. You guys have Buckley’s chance.:eek:
We on the other hand are a real threat:p

and iran once ruled the world, hows that working out for them atm?

yes we obvioulsy have buckleys chance of winning the comp, and souths do have a better chance then us. however ill be pretty surprised if a forward pack that has bailey sironen and mark nicols as realistic starting options is there come business time.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
I guess it depends on whether or not you like a challenge.

well, he will have to repel the challenge from Adam D for the fullback spot for a start. Thats challenging enough and he will have to become more consistent and involved

The Tigers are the Masters of the 9th placed finish. But Latrell could have turned them into a top 4 contender if he really hit his straps at fullback.

AS I said. Dumbarse move

And there'd be nothing better than being the champion player on a team playing in front of 20k passionate fans at a packed out Leichardt on a Sunday afternoon.

2 games a year in front of 20.....who cares. Playing to 12k at Campbelltown is more like it. Well get 40k against the roosters and the passion won’t be lacking

Instead he chose the easy option and gets to play in front of 65k empty seats at ANZ

No, he’s chosen to play for the great team in the games history. A f**king iconic club not some half arsed failing merger

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Haha.

The Roosters are underestimated every year. We will find a new Latrell Mitchell quite quickly, Flanagan will suddenly become the second coming of Andrew Johns and you + your Souffs mates will be blabbering on about how the Roosters are over the cap again in July.

Also, if the Roosters won another 20 grand finals they would be way over the amount that Souths have achieved. You Souths fans aren't great on the old mathematics I see :(

umm, MKCS, that was directed at tommy smith and the tigers but now you mention it........Flanagan Good luck with him:p

Perth Red

Post Whore
Latrell Costanza
Held out for less money

You really believe that? I have no doubts that Souths have offered him a substantial sum following next seasons one year deal. No-one signs a one year deal for less money let alone a top payer that clubs are fighting for.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
and iran once ruled the world, hows that working out for them atm?

yes we obvioulsy have buckleys chance of winning the comp, and souths do have a better chance then us. however ill be pretty surprised if a forward pack that has bailey sironen and mark nicols as realistic starting options is there come business time.

Mind you we may yet end up with Jai this season but I actually hope not for the Titans sake

Yep, our pack will be our weakness without Sam & Sutto. Impossible to replace but that will be balanced by a cracking good backline.

Tom B will have his best season yet and Knight, Tatola, Nicholls will rotate as other props. Amone will improve greatly as well

throw in SOO players Murray & Lowe into the back row along with Su’A who will be much better under a full pre season

oh, and dont forget the Australian hooker:cool::sunglasses:

Zadar

Juniors
You really believe that? I have no doubts that Souths have offered him a substantial sum following next seasons one year deal. No-one signs a one year deal for less money let alone a top payer that clubs are fighting for.

The Obeids are lol@souths fans, nothing left to see here.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
This whole saga (Souths, Burgess,arrow, Mitchell) still doesn’t pass the sniff test to me. Shonky to the core.

* expedited medical retirement with zero salary cap ramifications
* contracted marquee player from minnow club manoeuvred into coming year early
* cash payment to player manager to ensure Souths get Mitchell. Surely that’s an inducement that is counted on the cap

the whole thing reeks of Greenberg’s duplicity, double standards and favouritism to certain clubs

No club should get away with what Souths have.

1. Why does everybody talk about the Sam Burgess medical retirement when Ben Matulino and Matt Gillett received the exact same treatment?
2. A player getting released a year early from his contract after he’s signed for another club is suspicious? That literally happens all the time.
3. There were rumours of the roosters doing the exact same thing earlier in the year to try and keep Latrell but I guess that’s okay.

Cool agenda though.

mozza91

Coach
The Roosters are the real winners out of this. They don’t have this hanging over their head for the season.

It’ll be good at first for Souths but Latrell’s shit attitude will shine through eventually.

Sonny83

Juniors
Tom B will have his best season yet and Knight, Tatola, Nicholls will rotate as other props. Amone will improve greatly as well

throw in SOO players Murray & Lowe into the back row along with Su’A who will be much better under a full pre season

oh, and dont forget the Australian hooker:cool::sunglasses:

Like your optimism, be prepared to be disappointed again this year. And following year. And the year after.

Latest posts