What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The rest of the summer....

TheFrog

Coach
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks india want pay back from us beating them over there just before the WC, they were 2-0 up, we ending up winning the series 3-2. This tour was organised after that series not before

Sounds silly from our point of view, makes no sense, but we are talking India here. Money would have played its part
The Indian fans probably feel this way, but all that concerns the BCCI is rupees.

bazza

Referee
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks india want pay back from us beating them over there just before the WC, they were 2-0 up, we ending up winning the series 3-2. This tour was organised after that series not before

Sounds silly from our point of view, makes no sense, but we are talking India here. Money would have played its part
I would be interested to know how they make money off these games
I would assume that the television ratings in India would be similar if a game was in Australia compared to India

TheParraboy

Staff member
I would be interested to know how they make money off these games
I would assume that the television ratings in India would be similar if a game was in Australia compared to India

Not sure if the time zone would play a factor playing it here

ie. a 2.20pm start here is about 8.20am over there (6hrs behind). So they miss their peak evening times

But where they shit all over us is the ground attendance. Watch these 3 ODIs be packed out or near it.
Pus they get their own advertising / sponsors involved. Crowds were great when the WI were there recently, imagine the big bad aussies over there?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
While I don't disagree that would be better, the game is a business and ODIs have been bad business in Aus for years now. We have to accept that the fan base has ultimately played a big part in creating this situation.

Obviously almost all of us in here would go to ODIs given the chance, but we're no longer in the majority

Fair point.

We'd probably still have the big crowds if India played here again for ODI's

I still would've liked to have seen us play here during the summer, rather than March when everyone would be focused on NRL. The ODI's down here are looking like a disaster.

The one positive out of this is the BBL. Crowds are still big during the summer, its school holidays, a lot of people are probably more focused on these games and there's a game on almost every day.

It wasnt for the Big Bash League, I'd be bored sh*tless with the rubbish on TV.