What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omnishark2

Juniors
I've been really sorry for the Tigers through this whole Latrell debacle - and I'm pretty sure most neutrals would have wanted to see him go to the Tigers, despite the circus.
The only consolation is Latrell will always have attitude issues, so you may have dodged a few future bullets.

Looks like you'll end up with Alex Johnstone now (unless you can prise Moyza away from Northies ... please !!!)

Tigerm

First Grade
I've been really sorry for the Tigers through this whole Latrell debacle - and I'm pretty sure most neutrals would have wanted to see him go to the Tigers, despite the circus.
The only consolation is Latrell will always have attitude issues, so you may have dodged a few future bullets.

Looks like you'll end up with Alex Johnstone now (unless you can prise Moyza away from Northies ... please !!!)
Maybe dodged 2 bullets, LM & Moylan, AJ looks OK, so hopeful we can get him. But JAC is who I want to come.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon it is shithouse. We have the money and a great opportunity for the guy and he hasn't taken it up.

Moylan and AJ are miles off the potential Latrell has. I love JAC but I don't see him turning our team around whereas I could see Latrell doing it.

I hope he makes the most out of his talent. Time will tell.

The lesson here is that:

a. The roosters deserve to be premiers.

B. That the tigers chair went too hard too early and momentarily embarrassed us.

C. Latrell has the financial acumen of an alien mutant.

In fact, there is something a bit dead and evil about him. Something a bit sbw and Israel f like.

He gave us expectations and hope and then he killed by snobby death of a 1000 cuts.

Then humiliated us by accepting a lower offer, despite his “ best thing for family” bullshit. The same drivel he gave the roosters about wanting to stay.

As soon as refused to take Madge’s calls I knew he was up to no good. Just disrespectful more than anything else.

Its a proud day for us because we stand on equal integrity footing with the roosters.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Latrell is gone and thank goodness. What a arse hole he is. Plus the spotlight that would follow him all year would just give you the shits. I hope he fails miserably at Souths.

axl rose

Bench
Smithers, I’m beginning to think Latrell Mitchell was not the brilliant tactician I thought he was

Latrell Mitchell rejects South Sydney’s first offer, hopes to seal deal within days

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/2facb7354203b692929e4b03ad8fe142

atrell Mitchell rejected the Rabbitohs offer after an evening with Russell Crowe was not enough to convince the star centre to accept a cut-price deal to join South Sydney.

Mitchell took just over an hour to knock back the Rabbitohs’ first official offer after the club tabled a deal worth $1.4m over two years.

A one-year deal with a one-year option in his favour, the written offer fell “well-short” of what Mitchell had been expecting following a $1.2m a year bid from the Wests Tigers.

The knock back came less than 24-hour after Mitchell travelled to Coffs Harbour with his father Matt for a private dinner with Crowe.

Wined and dined by the Academy Award winner on the 400-acre estate in Nana Glen, Mitchell was highly impressed by both Crowe and his pitch.

It is understood Crowe, a South Sydney co-owner, spoke about the Rabbitohs’ proud history before telling Mitchell he wanted him to be part of the club’s future.

While no financial figures or terms were discussed, Mitchell was ready to become a Rabbitoh when he left.

The meeting with Crowe came just a day after Mitchell finally sat down with Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett to discuss football.

But in yet another twist, Mitchell’s manager Matt Rose rejected the Rabbitohs on Friday morning after the club made their official offer.

Mitchell conceded his future remained undecided after confirming his meeting with Crowe.

“It was fantastic to meet Russell Crowe, he is a generous host and very passionate about the Rabbitohs but the truth is I’m yet to decide my future,” Mitchell said.

“I’ve got a number of things to weigh up and I hope to be able to announce my new club in the coming days.’’

Mitchell remains hopeful of coming to terms with the Rabbitohs after Rose made a counteroffer to the club on Friday night.

Asides from coming up with a revised deal, the Rabbitohs may also have to compensate the Roosters with claims the club is demanding as much as $100,000 for a release. Excused from pre-season training earlier this week, Mitchell declared his career with the Roosters was over.

“Nothing has been made official yet,’’ Mitchell wrote in an Instagram post.

“But my stay at the Roosters as come to an end. On to the next chapter wherever it might be.’’

“Russell Crowe is a generous host and very passionate about the Rabbitohs but the truth is I’m yet to decide my future”

“I want to thank the Sydney Roosters for everything they have done for me and my family,’’ Mitchell wrote.

“I cannot describe the way I feel write know but just wanted to let everyone involved with my career so far that I am grateful to you all.

“To the fans, thankyou. It wouldn’t be a game without you.’’

The South Sydney rejection has left the door ajar for the Tigers to make an 11th hour play.

pnkCkXE.gif

Forgive the French but latrell has had on our knees for months, used our early mega-offer against us on four or five occasions.

I say we let Souths have him for relative beer money and teach him a lesson in respect.

The gesture would be well-received by the roosters who would lend us an ear when we want to wheel and deal for the next momo or a matterson who isn’t a fan hating self obsessed coward!

it’s also an opportunity for the chair to redeem himself after letting us become lats contractual plaything. The gift that kept on giving. Maybe he should forget dabbling in these important nrl things and focus on less important things like law.

Ffs we need to stand up for ourselves. No more whoring. We should be giving Madge another three years before we even look at another player.

Make no mistake, trell is going to be belted into the next season when the roosters get hold of him. Let him be Souths salary cap misery for the next two or three years.

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
The roosters never needed latrell, but latrell sure as hell needed them. Hence why roosters were pretty quick to wield the axe

Tbh unless his attitude does a complete u-turn, i think he will just turn into a “what could have been” player. All the talent in the world just seems like a pain in the arse
It was the article that said Robinson had to spend more time with Mitchell to get him ready, than the rest of the team combined, that did it for me. Good riddance, let's sign a professional! Side note, what a spud, knocking back the roosters for less!! Haha imbo!

Tiger05

First Grade
He seems like a moron but we need him here. He isn't coming though. He'd have to think rationally and logically about what he was doing and at this point in his life that is beyond him.

super_coach

First Grade
When you part with a million bucks a season you want more than a player with great skills. You want a leader, you want a mentor and you want a bloke that sets the bar for culture. Not sure Trell wanted to do any of the above.

You would be silly to think he would not have made a difference to our club, but he is not a million dollar player and the pressure of being the no1 player in the club might have been a load to heavy to carry.

Tiger05

First Grade
When you part with a million bucks a season you want more than a player with great skills. You want a leader, you want a mentor and you want a bloke that sets the bar for culture. Not sure Trell wanted to do any of the above.

You would be silly to think he would not have made a difference to our club, but he is not a million dollar player and the pressure of being the no1 player in the club might have been a load to heavy to carry.

All good points but here is the thing he is potentially making a big mistake. He will be well paid. He is a gun player when he is on song. His career could also be over quickly and he seems to be passing up a lot of money. If I was in that position I'd jump at the opportunity to set myself up for life. I think most people would. You'd want to take on that responsibility or at least I would.

Tiger05

First Grade
If anyone really believes Latrell will be worse off financially with the Souths deal I have these rocks that keep tigers away you might be interested in purchasing.

I think he will be worse off and potentially a lot worse off. It will probably turn out okay for him but not as good as if he signed with us.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think he will be worse off and potentially a lot worse off. It will probably turn out okay for him but not as good as if he signed with us.

Mate he will he looked after, he won’t miss anything, in fact the top up won’t be missing it’s 45% like it would with us. I’m sure you get what I’m saying.