What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

The Rosco

Bench
This whole saga (Souths, Burgess,arrow, Mitchell) still doesn’t pass the sniff test to me. Shonky to the core.

* expedited medical retirement with zero salary cap ramifications
* contracted marquee player from minnow club manoeuvred into coming year early
* cash payment to player manager to ensure Souths get Mitchell. Surely that’s an inducement that is counted on the cap

the whole thing reeks of Greenberg’s duplicity, double standards and favouritism to certain clubs

No club should get away with what Souths have.
. . . Don't be tellin the toothless ingrates that.
Souffs are hated by the refs and picked on every season.
Don't you know your RL history ?

typicalfan

Coach
Latrell wants out of Roosters to play for Souths in 2020 and has Roosters paying some of his deal.

He might be taking a small cut but he will likely make this up in future years.

Media aimless dart board competition continues.

Latrell would've been much more accepted in general if he signed with the Tigers. Nobody really dislikes the Tigers they're a good club with a good fanbase. Latrell playing at his best would probably take them into the 8.

Instead he's signed with the Rabbitohs who almost everyone hates, a disgusting fanbase filled with mainly idiots (No disrespect to any of the Souths fans here. Most of you are alright) and gets the hate of the Roosters fans for turning his back on the club and signing with their main rival.

It is even more hollow when you consider Latrell's own words from May 2019 -

"I have always thought about [the move] with GI moving out, but then again, I've been hyped up after GI for most of my career now, and I think if I move there I'd be more of a shadow," Mitchell said of talk of a move to South Sydney.

"I am a person that wants to make my own name." (Sourced from - https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...y-roosters-rabbitohs/tjmgwbmgm2m12936g4fmp6kf)

Hence now signing with Souths makes him out as being either:

(1) Insincere; or
(2) A liar.

"I have always thought about [the move] with GI moving out, but then again, I've been hyped up after GI for most of my career now, and I think if I move there I'd be more of a shadow," Mitchell said of talk of a move to South Sydney.

"I am a person that wants to make my own name." (Sourced from - https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...y-roosters-rabbitohs/tjmgwbmgm2m12936g4fmp6kf)

(1) Insincere; or
(2) A liar.

Not to mention the “I’m doing it for my family” crap. Clearly they don’t need 800k and a mil is way too much.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
win another 20 to equal us and come back to talk.

now, as to this season. You guys have Buckley’s chance.:eek:
We on the other hand are a real threat:p
So if the souffs way is followed, our second premiership will be handed to us after we chuck a sneak attack against souffs after they've agreed to do the honourable thing?

I'd Normally be disgusted. I'd laugh. Out loud. At souffs.

Last Week

Bench

(1) Insincere; or
(2) A liar.

Or he thinks he can make a name for himself at Souths...

Honestly don't get the hate for this bloke off the field.

So if the souffs way is followed, our second premiership will be handed to us after we chuck a sneak attack against souffs after they've agreed to do the honourable thing?

Actually to do it Souffs way, you’ll have to wait for another 43 years until the NRL gift you another title

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors

Look you poor lad. I know Balmain don’t exist anymore more in the NRL, never to return, so I wouldn’t laugh too much

how’s that Rozelle development going?

myrrh ken

First Grade
Roosters have done all they can to frustrate the remainder of Trell's contract.

Now instead of being grateful he's found somewhere else to go, the fans are dribbling like spurned lovers.

This whole saga (Souths, Burgess,arrow, Mitchell) still doesn’t pass the sniff test to me. Shonky to the core.

* expedited medical retirement with zero salary cap ramifications
* contracted marquee player from minnow club manoeuvred into coming year early
* cash payment to player manager to ensure Souths get Mitchell. Surely that’s an inducement that is counted on the cap

the whole thing reeks of Greenberg’s duplicity, double standards and favouritism to certain clubs

No club should get away with what Souths have.
Couldn't agree more in regards to Greenberg. Surely the NRL have to come out and publicly state the approved value of LM in relation to the cap. Pay him what you want but there must be a cap value greater (by 1 cent) than the amount his previous club (Chooks) were willing to upgrade him to. Otherwise everyone could sign a player to $5000k when his market value was $800k in order to sit within the cap.

Zadar

Juniors
Or he thinks he can make a name for himself at Souths...

Honestly don't get the hate for this bloke off the field.

I don’t either, the guy is a superstar,the kids love him, and he is well spoken for the things he believes in.

I watched his season highlights earlier today, and it is amazing what he can do on the field, given it is a highlights package he obviously can’t do it week in week out, but if he does it when it matters, he is worth every cent.

Luckily roosters had a good team to hide his bad games, and he may be exposed at a weaker team, but I’d have him in my team any day.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
how did you come up with that magic number? souffs would probably get kicked out 30 times during that period

It’s simple.
We’ve won 21 you have 4

when we win this season that will be 2 since 1975 and you 4. That’s 2 difference every 45 years

given you’re 17 behind us I best review that figure.

A quick calculation says It should be closer to 382 years till you get anywhere near us:hugging:

myrrh ken

First Grade
Couldn't agree more in regards to Greenberg. Surely the NRL have to come out and publicly state the approved value of LM in relation to the cap. Pay him what you want but there must be a cap value greater (by 1 cent) than the amount his previous club (Chooks) were willing to upgrade him to. Otherwise everyone could sign a player to $5000k when his market value was $800k in order to sit within the cap.

But what's his market value? No one else was offering him anything at the time were they?

myrrh ken

First Grade
Latrell would've been much more accepted in general if he signed with the Tigers. Nobody really dislikes the Tigers they're a good club with a good fanbase. Latrell playing at his best would probably take them into the 8.

Instead he's signed with the Rabbitohs who almost everyone hates, a disgusting fanbase filled with mainly idiots (No disrespect to any of the Souths fans here. Most of you are alright) and gets the hate of the Roosters fans for turning his back on the club and signing with their main rival.

Only Roosters fans. Some of us lol@souffs but thats about it.

I'd bet plenty more hate Roosters than Souffs.

Latest posts