What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great expectations

merahputih

Juniors
Our club is certainly following the storyline of Dickens’ great expectations so far..

A youthful JV in a regional area receives a large sum of cash from a benefactor..

How we handle the next stanza of the young cashed up JV mingling with the elite is coming up this year i guess..

I don’t remember the novel having a bald headed villain in it though..
Maybe elements of A Tale of Two Cities as well: resurrection and redemption-let's hope so.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I think the flexibility of some players to fill roles needed in the short term can work as short term solutions for a squad with injuries or insufficient junior progress

Cositgan playing prop as a 100kg lock surprised me......I honestly thought not a chance to get thru so many games week in week out at his build

Beau Scott from wing to second row to centre then back to lock surprised me in his adaptability

I think it is hard to discount certain players ability to play a needed role for the team when needed

I can understand at one level players like Lafai and aitken caretaking the space until the fairly serious emerging talent is ready

This strategy makes sense if suspected talent coming thru is potential nrl level 10 year players

The sad part is they are the wrong options so far despite johns and gould always going on about aitken when commentating

Why do they see them so differently then a lot of supporters?

Old Timer

Coach
I think the flexibility of some players to fill roles needed in the short term can work as short term solutions for a squad with injuries or insufficient junior progress

Cositgan playing prop as a 100kg lock surprised me......I honestly thought not a chance to get thru so many games week in week out at his build

Beau Scott from wing to second row to centre then back to lock surprised me in his adaptability

I think it is hard to discount certain players ability to play a needed role for the team when needed

I can understand at one level players like Lafai and aitken caretaking the space until the fairly serious emerging talent is ready

This strategy makes sense if suspected talent coming thru is potential nrl level 10 year players

The sad part is they are the wrong options so far despite johns and gould always going on about aitken when commentating

Why do they see them so differently then a lot of supporters?
The first part of your post is reflective of some players natural ability, players having extremely high quality players around them to help them, players have already or are being allowed to develop, good coaching and support, lateral thinking by coaching staff rather than stop gap and panic decisions.

Re why do they see our centres particularly EA differently well maybe it is all about supporting good old Mc Fookknuckle because he is their mate, maybe they can see what those players can be with good coaching or in rep situations, maybe they just like to have some controversy as that is what the media moguls know works to keep ratings high.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I think ultimately Ford is a season off making a huge impact for us. He lacks size and, although he has potential, will find it hard to be physically intimidating in the back row. Centre? Perhaps, but one intercept and a show of speed does not necessarily make him an outside back,..... Well let's give him a try before we dismiss the idea

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think Lomax will have a good year he spend his holidays in the park with his missus catching bombs. Also with the new not tackling in the air rule Saab could be a weapon if used, and used correctly.

Crush

Coach
Ive been thinking about what I want out of 2020 and beyond. Do I want losses so Mary goes, do I want success but Mary stays? I've worked it out. 2 years of success in 20, 21 then on the back of finals appearances sack Mary anyway stating that the reason for their success was clearly Flannigan.
Promote Flanno to head coach 2022.
Wouldn't that be great.....

getsmarty

Immortal
Ive been thinking about what I want out of 2020 and beyond. Do I want losses so Mary goes, do I want success but Mary stays? I've worked it out. 2 years of success in 20, 21 then on the back of finals appearances sack Mary anyway stating that the reason for their success was clearly Flannigan.
Promote Flanno to head coach 2022.
Wouldn't that be great.....

Nah.....Get rid of him a.s.a.p Hopefully we lose the 1st 6 games and McGregor is gone. I've had enough already....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Nah.....Get rid of him a.s.a.p Hopefully we lose the 1st 6 games and McGregor is gone. I've had enough already....

I think we all have GS. Lets hope that Mc85's new contract has some performance/expectation clauses included that will see thecend of this BS. I/we can hope these arectriggered early and were the reason that he wasnt sacked at the end of the 2019 season. It maybe all were waiting for and why Mc85 is looking more stressed than usual.

Latest posts