What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Latrell is a self entitled punk who abused the Tigers and we hate his guts.

He hasn’t arrived with clean hands and he will never “ wear the red and green” as your song says.

You should keep old mate in reserve grade out of respect for us, titans, nq and the Wolfpack.

We don’t expect you to like the roosters, but they are looking like frigging champions to us by dumping him on his sorry backside.
Spoken like a true rorter. Always in our shadow mate. Glory Glory

Spoken like a true rorter. Always in our shadow mate. Glory Glory

It’s not the “full Glory“ this time I’m afraid.

He’s got Tiger blood on his hands.

He arrives at Chalmers St in dark and dishonourable circumstances.

His Honour Clive Churchill would be rolling over in his grave.

Hes just not Souths quality.

He’s not a Cody Walker or John Sutton.

Last edited:
No Souths without the heart for it.

He was a rooster, they can never fully turn.

But they way they shot him in the back of the head, the roosters are on the up in league respect stakes. People like that kind of thing.

They are a good club the roosters.

I never thought I’d live to see the day when Souths sold out.

Shame boys, keep a candle flickering for us Tigers.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Latrell Mitchell rejects South Sydney’s first offer, hopes to seal deal within days

He got the Hollywood treatment but not cash.

Latrell Mitchell rejected the Rabbitohs offer after an evening with Russell Crowe was not enough to convince the star centre to accept a cut-price deal to join South Sydney.

Mitchell took just over an hour to knock back the Rabbitohs’ first official offer after the club tabled a deal worth $1.4m over two years.

A one-year deal with a one-year option in his favour, the written offer fell “well-short” of what Mitchell had been expecting following a $1.2m a year bid from the Wests Tigers.

The knock back came less than 24-hour after Mitchell travelled to Coffs Harbour with his father Matt for a private dinner with Crowe.

Wined and dined by the Academy Award winner on the 400-acre estate in Nana Glen, Mitchell was highly impressed by both Crowe and his pitch.

It is understood Crowe, a South Sydney co-owner, spoke about the Rabbitohs’ proud history before telling Mitchell he wanted him to be part of the club’s future.

Latrell Mitchell’s contract saga is set to come to an end. Picture: Brett Costello

While no financial figures or terms were discussed, Mitchell was ready to become a Rabbitoh when he left.

The meeting with Crowe came just a day after Mitchell finally sat down with Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett to discuss football.

But in yet another twist, Mitchell’s manager Matt Rose rejected the Rabbitohs on Friday morning after the club made their official offer.

Mitchell conceded his future remained undecided after confirming his meeting with Crowe.

“It was fantastic to meet Russell Crowe, he is a generous host and very passionate about the Rabbitohs but the truth is I’m yet to decide my future,” Mitchell said.

“I’ve got a number of things to weigh up and I hope to be able to announce my new club in the coming days.’’

Mitchell remains hopeful of coming to terms with the Rabbitohs after Rose made a counteroffer to the club on Friday night.

Asides from coming up with a revised deal, the Rabbitohs may also have to compensate the Roosters with claims the club is demanding as much as $100,000 for a release.

Excused from pre-season training earlier this week, Mitchell declared his career with the Roosters was over.

“Nothing has been made official yet,’’ Mitchell wrote in an Instagram post.

“But my stay at the Roosters as come to an end. On to the next chapter wherever it might be.’’

“Russell Crowe is a generous host and very passionate about the Rabbitohs but the truth is I’m yet to decide my future”

“I want to thank the Sydney Roosters for everything they have done for me and my family,’’ Mitchell wrote.

“I cannot describe the way I feel write know but just wanted to let everyone involved with my career so far that I am grateful to you all.

“To the fans, thankyou. It wouldn’t be a game without you.’’

The South Sydney rejection has left the door ajar for the Tigers to make an 11th hour play.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
We won’t get Addo Carr.

so apparently Latrell hasn't signed with us at all, and Arrow isn't coming until 2021 fml
- I'm just going off what the media says.. haven't got any inside info

anyone with concrete-ish inside info to tell me what they know?

Rabbits20

Immortal
so apparently Latrell hasn't signed with us at all, and Arrow isn't coming until 2021 fml
- I'm just going off what the media says.. haven't got any inside info

anyone with concrete-ish inside info to tell me what they know?
I posted about that Latrell article in the Latrell signs thread, @callmack1 you need to change that bro it’s still up in the air and could be for another week.

We very well may have too, but I can’t see us giving you Gagai cheaper than 550k, we may chip in 150k for him, AJ you’ll have to pay for around 350k.

I was thinking Madge he has the ability to reunite and rekindle the careers of these fine servants of the game. Plus it’s a matter of saving face for Souths.

You don’t want to let evil walk into the house without some light escaping.

Be seen to be looking after the game in some way.

Aj is a very fine nrl player. I would have signed him late last year so he has a pre season. Gags just needs his mojo back. New club, new life. He’s still got his fundamentals. He’s about 450k now in the sun -2 years, as he’s melting away. A bit like Morgan.

Its a brutal sport, most nrl players are like candles in the wind. So hard to keep up the powers. Only a handful in any generation will maintain footy excellence.

Gi played so well for so long because he had as much footballing intellect as he had physical ability. There are lots of big strong fast players. You need more.

He’s forgotten more reads of a game than 99% of us will remember. Watch the tapes, look at where he is, look at what he sees and what he does. Latrell will never be a g.i.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
And so it drags on!! Looks like everyone (myself included) jumped the gun. For now, I have re-named the thread 'Latrell Mitchell Thread,' and if it happens, I'll change it back.

God I'm frustrated right now! Went from pure elation and joy when everyone reported he had signed today, to frustration and nervousness again tonight. This is starting to get a bit ridiculous!

If that article is true though, it kind of sounds fair enough. It seemed too good to be true that we'd get him that cheap. And kind of fair enough from Latrell's manager too, he's doing the best job he can for his client. Still, it's quite frustrating as we thought it was all sorted but obviously not. The fact that they've tabled a counter offer is a good sign though (if that's even true), hopefully that's a sign that he really want to come here.

I wonder what our response will be. Hopefully the counter offer isn't too ridiculous and we can get it done in the coming days. I just want him to sign so friggin badly!!

What do we all make of this?

Rabbits20

Immortal
And so it drags on!! Looks like everyone (myself included) jumped the gun. For now, I have re-named the thread 'Latrell Mitchell Thread,' and if it happens, I'll change it back.

God I'm frustrated right now! Went from pure elation and joy when everyone reported he had signed today, to frustration and nervousness again tonight. This is starting to get a bit ridiculous!

If that article is true though, it kind of sounds fair enough. It seemed too good to be true that we'd get him that cheap. And kind of fair enough from Latrell's manager too, he's doing the best job he can for his client. Still, it's quite frustrating as we thought it was all sorted but obviously not. The fact that they've tabled a counter offer is a good sign though (if that's even true), hopefully that's a sign that he really want to come here.

I wonder what our response will be. Hopefully the counter offer isn't too ridiculous and we can get it done in the coming days. I just want him to sign so friggin badly!!

What do we all make of this?
I still think we will get him, but I am nervous.

Trials are only 5 weeks away bro.

I can’t put up with much more of it tbh, and I thought the coaching saga was bad last year, this is another level this off/pre season!

Robbie 12

Juniors
Latrell Mitchell rejects South Sydney’s first offer, hopes to seal deal within days

He got the Hollywood treatment but not cash.

Latrell Mitchell rejected the Rabbitohs offer after an evening with Russell Crowe was not enough to convince the star centre to accept a cut-price deal to join South Sydney.

Mitchell took just over an hour to knock back the Rabbitohs’ first official offer after the club tabled a deal worth $1.4m over two years.

A one-year deal with a one-year option in his favour, the written offer fell “well-short” of what Mitchell had been expecting following a $1.2m a year bid from the Wests Tigers.

The knock back came less than 24-hour after Mitchell travelled to Coffs Harbour with his father Matt for a private dinner with Crowe.

Wined and dined by the Academy Award winner on the 400-acre estate in Nana Glen, Mitchell was highly impressed by both Crowe and his pitch.

It is understood Crowe, a South Sydney co-owner, spoke about the Rabbitohs’ proud history before telling Mitchell he wanted him to be part of the club’s future.

Latrell Mitchell’s contract saga is set to come to an end. Picture: Brett Costello

While no financial figures or terms were discussed, Mitchell was ready to become a Rabbitoh when he left.

The meeting with Crowe came just a day after Mitchell finally sat down with Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett to discuss football.

But in yet another twist, Mitchell’s manager Matt Rose rejected the Rabbitohs on Friday morning after the club made their official offer.

Mitchell conceded his future remained undecided after confirming his meeting with Crowe.

“It was fantastic to meet Russell Crowe, he is a generous host and very passionate about the Rabbitohs but the truth is I’m yet to decide my future,” Mitchell said.

“I’ve got a number of things to weigh up and I hope to be able to announce my new club in the coming days.’’

Mitchell remains hopeful of coming to terms with the Rabbitohs after Rose made a counteroffer to the club on Friday night.

Asides from coming up with a revised deal, the Rabbitohs may also have to compensate the Roosters with claims the club is demanding as much as $100,000 for a release.

Excused from pre-season training earlier this week, Mitchell declared his career with the Roosters was over.

“Nothing has been made official yet,’’ Mitchell wrote in an Instagram post.

“But my stay at the Roosters as come to an end. On to the next chapter wherever it might be.’’

“Russell Crowe is a generous host and very passionate about the Rabbitohs but the truth is I’m yet to decide my future”

“I want to thank the Sydney Roosters for everything they have done for me and my family,’’ Mitchell wrote.

“I cannot describe the way I feel write know but just wanted to let everyone involved with my career so far that I am grateful to you all.

“To the fans, thankyou. It wouldn’t be a game without you.’’

The South Sydney rejection has left the door ajar for the Tigers to make an 11th hour play.

HI Guys
Just reading this article,I don't think that Latrell Mitchell has signed yet,
like not officially or

cant sign officially properly, not for $400,000 like some are saying,
as this money is not his worth in the NRL,
a player who has played state of origin, played for Australia, has won two NRL titles

I am thinking that the CAP oritors and the players union, must have some agreement that a player cant be under paid if the player is of higher quality, that way it is fair on all teams " Marquee Player"

So souths have to lose a player to accommodate a Marquee player offer or else the contract will not be registered by CAP oritors ….I think the same thing happened when Sam burgess come back into the NRL we lost a few players so he could come back and we gave him that big wage Marquee player wage

Rabbits20

Immortal
HI Guys
Just reading this article,I don't think that Latrell Mitchell has signed yet,
like not officially or

cant sign officially properly, not for $400,000 like some are saying,
as this money is not his worth in the NRL,
a player who has played state of origin, played for Australia, has won two NRL titles

I am thinking that the CAP oritors and the players union, must have some agreement that a player cant be under paid if the player is of higher quality, that way it is fair on all teams " Marquee Player"

So souths have to lose a player to accommodate a Marquee player offer or else the contract will not be registered by CAP oritors ….I think the same thing happened when Sam burgess come back into the NRL we lost a few players so he could come back and we gave him that big wage Marquee player wage
I think we can afford it, but if we want Arrow too which we for 2020 someone will have to go.