What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanagan Confirmed.

Frank Facer

First Grade
They might start with Kyle but I doubt he'll be up to it.
I think Kyle will prove to be more than up to it. I think Kyle will have a breakout season. Playing in the halves for such a good team will only enhance his chances of playing well. He will probably have the goal kicking duties too.

Crush

Coach
I think Kyle will prove to be more than up to it. I think Kyle will have a breakout season. Playing in the halves for such a good team will only enhance his chances of playing well. He will probably have the goal kicking duties too.
Cool lets see.
Breakout season or in and out of the team. One of us will be right!

Gareth67

First Grade
If someone told me that a premiership winning Cronulla coach would be on our coaching staff I would have laughed like a maniac.

I don't think it's funny now though!

PS He looks terrible in our colours and that hat looks f**king dopey.

I only hope that he is able to store all of the knowledge that the maestro will impart to him whilst he is at the Dragons . Who knows - he may end up being a better painter than Mary himself . :flushed:

Last edited:

SaintPauli

Juniors
My bold prediction;
It's all a road to failure. Shane Flanagan will make Mary look good in 2020 , with us making the 8.
Saints then extend Marys contract, Flanagan leaves for another club as head coach. In 2021 we drop back to 15th place.

I hope the board will see Flanagans coaching ability and player influence
this year.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
My bold prefiction;
It's all a road to failure. Shane Flanagan will make Mary look good in 2020 , with us making the 8.
Saints then extend Marys contract, Flanagan leaves for another club as head coach. In 2021 we drop back ro 15th place.

I hope the board will see Flanagans coaching ability and player influence
this year.
I believe if Flanno was eligible to coach first grade, he would be our coach this year. I think we have signed Flanagan with the view of him taking over as head coach as soon as he is eligible. Flanagan is a premiership winning coach and most if not all the teams he coached in first grade have made the semi's. He also did play for us in the 80's. He is exactly the coach that we are looking for. We also have a track record of promoting coaches who are already part of our coaching staff. So when he takes over as head coach, he will already have a feel for the place. He can also have an input into future signings (I know he isn't supposed to be part of recruitment) and work with our youngsters coming through the grades. It would be total insanity to resign Mary and especially when we already have Flanno in our system.

If DeBelin is found not guilty, then I think we will be a top 6 team and I think Flanno's influence will be very positive.

possm

Coach
Possm
That was the days when both centre played on the same side is that correct.
Yes, most of the time. In defence the more important thing was we marked the opposition attack, so if they split to one each side then the defence marked that way. The most common move in the backline was when the five-eighth did a run around move with the inside centre thus creating an instant overlap. Mostly I played halfback but on occasions found myself being selected as a winger.

Yes, most of the time. In defence the more important thing was we marked the opposition attack, so if they split to one each side then the defence marked that way. The most common move in the backline was when the five-eighth did a run around move with the inside centre thus creating an instant overlap. Mostly I played halfback but on occasions found myself being selected as a winger.

Halfback.
Should’ve guessed.

Explains why you’re so talkative.
(Just havin a laugh possm)

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Flanno won the wooden spoon then the gf, if he was at saints we never would have won a gf because he would be burned at the stake before then. The moral to the story is in Mary we trust.

While the thrust of your post has merit, I’d like to point out that Flanno never won a spoon, because he was burned at the stake.
Correct Flanno wasnt the coach when the Sharks won the spoon in 2014, he was serving his suspension. Shepherd was though, however, he had to cope with major injuries and players suspended.
Shep was using Flanges systems, they just didn't have a system in place to counteract the bubbler....
Haha

BLM01

First Grade
Correct Flanno wasnt the coach when the Sharks won the spoon in 2014, he was serving his suspension. Shepherd was though, however, he had to cope with major injuries and players suspended.
Can someone point that out to McDeflection and our media or NRL media and request him to retract his grand statement about how Flanno won a spoon....and that he has not got any runs up on or superior to Flanno in any shape or form.

Gareth67

First Grade
Can someone point that out to McDeflection and our media or NRL media and request him to retract his grand statement about how Flanno won a spoon....and that he has not got any runs up on or superior to Flanno in any shape or form.

Did the fool actually say that about Flanagan’s coaching record ? To compare the two when it comes to coaching achievements it would be a case of Flanagan’s flag at full mast and proudly billowing in the wind whilst dunderhead’s would be limp and and at the bottom of the flag pole .

I am afraid that the best thing for Mary is too say nothing at the post match press conferences and perhaps have a interpreter there doing the yakking on his behalf. - preferably someone who speaks Japanese , he would then at least make some sense - all the maestro would have to do is move his lips and mimic the words .

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Did the fool actually say that about Flanagan coaching record ? To compare the two when it comes to coaching achievements it would be a case of Flanagan’s flag at full mast and proudly billowing in the wind whilst dunderhead’s would be limp and and at the bottom of the flag pole .

I am afraid that the best thing for Mary is too say nothing at the post match conferences and perhaps have a interpreter there doing the yakking on his behalf. - preferably someone who speaks Japanese , he would then at least make some sense .
His words awere Flanno knows the highs and lows of coaching winning a GF and a spoon. Fact.
Mary and the loyal club players under instructions to tow the company line when they get interviewed are the only ones left now that will actually promote Mary as someone that can coach.
Maybe the Paul Kents, Laurie Daleys and Phil Gould's as frontline commentators will still try as a mate but the the media cant substantiate his claims anymore with facts after 5 years of doing so and running out of deflections with the usual goto overall stat that he has a higher winning % ratio compared to a few other coaches in the NRL...which is true...but after many believing we were going forward with him early in 2018 with a good side..it is now clear to all that Mary has reached and is past his coaching peak if there was one which I doubt, had his chance etc and his time is up charading as a NRL coach and is to be put out to pasture.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
His words awere Flanno knows the highs and lows of coaching winning a GF and a spoon. Fact.
Mary and the loyal club players under instructions to tow the company line when they get interviewed are the only ones left now that will actually promote Mary as someone that can coach.
Maybe the Paul Kents, Laurie Daleys and Phil Gould's as frontline commentators will still try as a mate but the the media cant substantiate his claims anymore with facts after 5 years of doing so and running out of deflections with the usual goto overall stat that he has a higher winning % ratio compared to a few other coaches in the NRL...which is true...but after many believing we were going forward with him early in 2018 with a good side..it is now clear to all that Mary has reached and is past his coaching peak if there was one which I doubt, had his chance etc and his time is up charading as a NRL coach and is to be put out to pasture.

Agree 100 %.... He has a Top 4 side on paper and they continually under-perform....He has been through more assistants and excuses then any coach in any code.....

What an absolute farce....we are the joke of the NRL....

blacksafake

First Grade
Agree & the sooner the better.

Latest posts