What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Xcalibre

Juniors
A little birdie told me that Latrell is signed, sealed and delivered at the Tigers...

..The Wingham Tigers that is. He has agreed to the biggest contract in the club’s history; a pie and a coke per day and a carton a week. He knows he could’ve got more at another club but is just happy to be close to his home.

wazdog

Juniors
Roosters, but there are rumblings they hit Latrell with a bill for it today!

So if the Roosters have allegedly paid out Mitchell's former manager on his behalf, wouldn't that payment have been included in their "salary cap"?

Also interesting that they are apparently now asking Mitchell to pay back his wages for the November and December. Has this ever happened before? The payment is to a player for services rendered so the only way they could get cap relief if Mitchell was to pay them back directly. If another club pays them back it should be classified as a transfer fee as the player is not receiving the funds.

nick87

Coach
This whole saga (Souths, Burgess,arrow, Mitchell) still doesn’t pass the sniff test to me. Shonky to the core.

* expedited medical retirement with zero salary cap ramifications
* contracted marquee player from minnow club manoeuvred into coming year early
* cash payment to player manager to ensure Souths get Mitchell. Surely that’s an inducement that is counted on the cap

the whole thing reeks of Greenberg’s duplicity, double standards and favouritism to certain clubs

No club should get away with what Souths have.

agreed
It’s code sanctioned salary cap cheating.

gerg

Juniors
So if the Roosters have allegedly paid out Mitchell's former manager on his behalf, wouldn't that payment have been included in their "salary cap"?

Also interesting that they are apparently now asking Mitchell to pay back his wages for the November and December. Has this ever happened before? The payment is to a player for services rendered so the only way they could get cap relief if Mitchell was to pay them back directly. If another club pays them back it should be classified as a transfer fee as the player is not receiving the funds.

It's strange that a club would pay out a manager when it simply appears to be an issue between a player and his manager. It's really go nothing to do with the club, basically just another way to swerve around the cap. I honestly don't know why they bother with this cap charade.

no name

Coach
Was the ‘done deal’ article yesterday one of Hoooooop’s Scoops?
I can only find ‘Staff writers’ on the article.
Cowards.