What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

ThingFish

Juniors
Few murmurs up here that the bulldogs have put in a last ditch offer which may just be enough to get Latrell.
They can have him. I’m over his sh!t. We should tell him if he doesn’t like our offer, suck it, go and have your career meltdown at another club. We should just concentrate on getting Arrow here this year. Rebuilding our forward power should be our priority.

LittleWayne

Juniors
So Latrell has left a big contract with the roosters, turned a large extension down with them, knock back a big offer from West’s and we have just put our first offer to him?

yeah right.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
They can have him. I’m over his sh!t. We should tell him if he doesn’t like our offer, suck it, go and have your career meltdown at another club. We should just concentrate on getting Arrow here this year. Rebuilding our forward power should be our priority.
Mate our offer is just a one year contract with a possible second year, we should make it for 2 years, like Latrell I’d want it for 2 years as well I think that’s fair. Also I’m confident he will still be here but Easts are being difficult and want him to pay them back the first two months of his 2020 contract plus a fine for back 18 months ago re a manager he got rid of as he didn’t re-sign at Easts they released that fine yesterday apparently!

Really we can’t sign him either until Easts release him and that has not happened yet.

Some of this media BS is portraying Latrell too be bad when it’s just finalising the final pieces of the deal.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/latrel...lication/73ca3d6b-8b6c-4bcb-ade1-854796d907b5

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs' Latrell Mitchell deal not yet over the line as final hurdles loom: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/latrel...lication/73ca3d6b-8b6c-4bcb-ade1-854796d907b5

So apparently the 2020 part of the contract is totally fine, it's just that Latrell and his manager aren't happy with the option in our favour for 2021. They want 2021 set in stone. I think that's fair enough and it makes sense. I'd want the same. We're still hopeful he will be at training on Monday and hopefully we can get it done!

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Mate our offer is just a one year contract with a possible second year, we should make it for 2 years, like Latrell I’d want it for 2 years as well I think that’s fair. Also I’m confident he will still be here but Easts are being difficult and want him to pay them back the first two months of his 2020 contract plus a fine for back 18 months ago re a manager he got rid of as he didn’t re-sign at Easts they released that fine yesterday apparently!

Really we can’t sign him either until Easts release him and that has not happened yet.

Some of this media BS is portraying Latrell too be bad when it’s just finalising the final pieces of the deal.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/latrel...lication/73ca3d6b-8b6c-4bcb-ade1-854796d907b5

Fairly sure Easts have released him. His Instagram had a final goodbye to all his Roosters teammates, thanks for the memories etc on it. Then he had something like I'm looking forward to the next chapter of the journey whatever that may be'

Rabbits20

Immortal
Fairly sure Easts have released him. His Instagram had a final goodbye to all his Roosters teammates, thanks for the memories etc on it. Then he had something like I'm looking forward to the next chapter of the journey whatever that may be'
It’s not official yet though, Easts need to formally release him.

Travitoh

First Grade
I started one because I thought it was confirmed he'd signed which deserves it's own thread. However, it turns out we jumped the gun so I've had to rename the thread.

I understand that. Though as you even pointed out when you opened it, it wasn't official. So doesn't it belong in the rumours thread until there's official confirmation? Along with the training Monday thread?

You've done a great job tidying up the forum and pinning general topics for easy access for us all. I just feel that the extra Latrell topics are only cluttering the top of the forum.

The guy won't even be the best player at the club if he joins.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

That’s not an official release though that’s just Latrell saying goodbye. The roosters have to come out with some sort of official statement. The roosters don’t want to do that unless they’re compensated for part Latrell’s salary they’ve already paid.

However the interesting point of it is supposed to be that if Latrell decides to go to another club the roosters will release him without any fee payable. It’s just Souths. It’s smart by them to be honest. They really do hate us.

That’s a rumour by the way not gospel.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That’s not an official release though that’s just Latrell saying goodbye. The roosters have to come out with some sort of official statement. The roosters don’t want to do that unless they’re compensated for part Latrell’s salary they’ve already paid.

However the interesting point of it is supposed to be that if Latrell decides to go to another club the roosters will release him without any fee payable. It’s just Souths. It’s smart by them to be honest. They really do hate us.

That’s a rumour by the way not gospel.
Mate I just sent you @Souths Till I Die and @callmack1 emails as I had some news I wanted you to hear, feel free to get back to me later on, hope you’re well mate.

callmack1

Staff member
I understand that. Though as you even pointed out when you opened it, it wasn't official. So doesn't it belong in the rumours thread until there's official confirmation? Along with the training Monday thread?

You've done a great job tidying up the forum and pinning general topics for easy access for us all. I just feel that the extra Latrell topics are only cluttering the top of the forum.

The guy won't even be the best player at the club if he joins.
You're right actually, cheers for the suggestion. I'm going out to might but will sort it out tomorrow.

Mate I just sent you @Souths Till I Die and @callmack1 emails as I had some news I wanted you to hear, feel free to get back to me later on, hope you’re well mate.
I'll have a look later thanks bro!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Didn’t realise this forum was for a few to make a little boys club to themselves spill the beans to all of us
Mate it’s my choice what I do with it, but I can tell you rest easy mate I’m certain Latrell will be with us after what I have heard today.