What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Didn’t realise this forum was for a few to make a little boys club to themselves spill the beans to all of us
It only is when certain people come back from extended hiatus. Otherwise, as you know, it’s quite open and civil, without a frenzy trying to be whipped up in every post.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Do people really believe Latrell is the right fit for any other team? He will thrive at South Sydney and the work that he will do off the field will be even more important than his influence on it. He is so passionate about his aboriginal heritage and if I’m being completely honest there’s no other team in the comp that works closer with the aboriginal community than Souths do. Latrell’s family are all south supporters its really a homecoming for him just like Crichton going to the roosters was a perfect fit.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Do people really believe Latrell is the right fit for any other team? He will thrive at South Sydney and the work that he will do off the field will be even more important than his influence on it. He is so passionate about his aboriginal heritage and if I’m being completely honest there’s no other team in the comp that works closer with the aboriginal community than Souths do. Latrell’s family are all south supporters its really a homecoming for him just like Crichton going to the roosters was a perfect fit.
Nailed it mate, can’t wait for that members email now!

Glory Glory!

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Cowboys for mine.
A potential indigenous hero that would take the mantle from JT.
They need a fullback, which apparently he was

Latrell hasn’t had a tough time, he’s a greedy punk who is overcome by his own sense of self importance.

He’s been disloyal and shown a complete lack of respect for the roosters and all of their people, however mentally deficit they are.

Then he leverages our massive tigers offer to be disingenuous and abuse the goodwill of three other nrl clubs, including it seems, yours.

He’s disruptive, self absorbed, changes managers every other week, hangs out with some deadshit parasites more than the good people. The roosters spent thousands on his extras and special coaching needs and he spits in their faces and treats them like shiz. He tried to extort them for more contract money. No wonder they assassinated him. You just don’t f**k with uncle nick.

He will defile and defame your jersey of enduring strength. He will rot and disease the blood of the great Souths players, darken and wreck your legacy. He will bring shame and dishonour on those who fought for your readmission, he will upset Rusty with his psycho babbling sobbing over his terrible $400k contract. That’s getting to prime minister money, the poor little dear.

The roosters, nq, titans and us will belt him into 2023 ala Craig Wing.

89F6FD18-48CE-4259-8D90-4A0487FBF830.jpeg

The shame of the game.

Too cool for school my bunstermeisters buddies.

Don’t sell out now after a 112 years and 20 premierships.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade

The problem with that is Latrell will be getting paid to perform on the field, not off it.

I don't understand all the frothing over Mitchell. He's hardly the second coming of GI, closer to Chris Sandow.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Cowboys for mine.
A potential indigenous hero that would take the mantle from JT.
They need a fullback, which apparently he was

I think the cowboys fairytale signing already happened with Valentine Holmes he’s been linked to them for the past 5 years. He was also born in Townsville so I think he suits the bill better than Latrell. I think they’re indigenous community is quite large but I still think he can make a bigger impact at Redfern.

The problem with that is Latrell will be getting paid to perform on the field, not off it.

I don't understand all the frothing over Mitchell. He's hardly the second coming of GI, closer to Chris Sandow.

Oh I completely understand that. I’m more talking about what club is going to be best for him.

As for on field ability I think we’ll have to agree to disagree. He’s one of those players that can break open a game just from one run. He’s got that natural running ability that can’t be taught, exactly like Greg Inglis had. Comparisons this early in his career are unfair to Inglis though but give him time and I can’t see just as much talent.

Wayne loves to play with structure so I feel like he’s only going to become a smarter player under Wayne. The scary thing for me is that he hasn’t put too many 80 minute performances in over his career but when he does there’s no reason he couldn’t match Inglis.

this video’s pretty cool.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Also people like to poop on his ability to play number 1 but a few of those highlights are with him having the number 1 jersey on. He’s not close to Teddy as a fullback yet but there’s no reason he can’t become better. Teddy is the best player in the game right now without a doubt but he never had that much natural talent.

callmack1

Staff member
Just so everyone is aware, I have merged all the Latrell threads into here. If/when his signing becomes official, we'll make a special thread just for that.

Just on Latrell, I agree that he has that natural ability to dominate the game at fullback for years. This is a big if, but if everything goes well and he stays with us long term, I can see him having a similar impact to GI I'm not gonna lie.

However, I think what we all have to realise is that if we do sign him and he plays fullback, it's going to take some time. He has had an extended break so there's no doubt his fitness levels won't be where they need to be. However, with a fresh club that genuinely cares about him and loves him, plus some help from Wayne, we may see a fresh new attitude from Latrell and he may be super driven.

I for one am extremely excited at the possibility of him wearing the Red and Green. Players like Latrell don't come around too often.

0E54CF82-344C-4103-B408-553510EC1000.jpeg

Allegedly, Robinson spent more time on him than the rest of the roosters team put together.

All whinging aside, if he turns up, you will have a very dangerous backline powered by indigenous elite.

Could be the most indigenous backline of all time in the nrl and co/incidentally, death for most other sides.

Travitoh

First Grade
As for on field ability I think we’ll have to agree to disagree. He’s one of those players that can break open a game just from one run. He’s got that natural running ability that can’t be taught, exactly like Greg Inglis had. Comparisons this early in his career are unfair to Inglis though but give him time and I can’t see just as much talent.

You've described Latrell Mitchell well there and his actual ability i don't doubt. It's his attitude, professionalism and consistency that i do. Not only week in, week out but across 80 minutes as well. That is where i don't believe he is worth the money he wants. The $800k that Easts had on the table for him is overs imo.

How much time does he need? He's got 97 games under his belt and will be 23 this year. He's played more first grade than Cook, Murray and Cody who i would argue are all better performers on the field than Mitchell is.

If he had the work ethic to go along with his talents he would already be elite. Instead he's basically clubless and recieving very few calls enquiring about his availability, much like Chris Sandow.

You've described Latrell Mitchell well there and his actual ability i don't doubt. It's his attitude, professionalism and consistency that i do. Not only week in, week out but across 80 minutes as well. That is where i don't believe he is worth the money he wants. The $800k that Easts had on the table for him is overs imo.

How much time does he need? He's got 97 games under his belt and will be 23 this year. He's played more first grade than Cook, Murray and Cody who i would argue are all better performers on the field than Mitchell is.

If he had the work ethic to go along with his talents he would already be elite. Instead he's basically clubless and recieving very few calls enquiring about his availability, much like Chris Sandow.

geez, and I thought I was tough...!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think the cowboys fairytale signing already happened with Valentine Holmes he’s been linked to them for the past 5 years. He was also born in Townsville so I think he suits the bill better than Latrell. I think they’re indigenous community is quite large but I still think he can make a bigger impact at Redfern.

Oh I completely understand that. I’m more talking about what club is going to be best for him.

Wayne loves to play with structure so I feel like he’s only going to become a smarter player under Wayne. The scary thing for me is that he hasn’t put too many 80 minute performances in over his career but when he does there’s no reason he couldn’t match Inglis.

this video’s pretty cool.

What a highlights reel that is and look at his support play it’s great STID.

What talent, I can’t put it into words how talented he is!

I think we will be the right fit for Latrell and we will bring out the best of him.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I agree with what you’re saying to a certain extent. He’s probably not worth 800k a season just yet but what he could be worth with the right development is way more than that.

Here’s something that I don’t know if you’ll like but I think Latrell feels under appreciated at the Roosters. He set up the game winning try for the grand final yet all everyone talks about is Cronk, Tedesco and Keary. My honest opinion about Latrell is that he probably doesn’t feel as if he receives enough credit for his part in the 2 grand finals which is why he wants an opportunity to play fullback.

Yes he still has so much to prove and yes he there are going to be growing pains. However, when you’ve got someone with that much talent with a point to prove I think you’ve struck gold.

When you talk about Cook, Murray and Cody I love that because I think it goes to show how good we are at developing players and I think we can do the same with Latrell. For me all the ingredients are there to turn him into a superstar.

You ask how much time? I say give him a full year at fullback before we start casting judgements. I always thought 2021 was a better year than 2020.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I agree with what you’re saying to a certain extent. He’s probably not worth 800k a season just yet but what he could be worth with the right development is way more than that.

Here’s something that I don’t know if you’ll like but I think Latrell feels under appreciated at the Roosters. He set up the game winning try for the grand final yet all everyone talks about is Cronk, Tedesco and Keary. My honest opinion about Latrell is that he probably doesn’t feel as if he receives enough credit for his part in the 2 grand finals which is why he wants an opportunity to play fullback.

Yes he still has so much to prove and yes he there are going to be growing pains. However, when you’ve got someone with that much talent with a point to prove I think you’ve struck gold.

When you talk about Cook, Murray and Cody I love that because I think it goes to show how good we are at developing players and I think we can do the same with Latrell. For me all the ingredients are there to turn him into a superstar.

You ask how much time? I say give him a full year at fullback before we start casting judgements. I always thought 2021 was a better year than 2020.
If what you think is true and Latrell is feeling undervalued, why the f**k would he turn down more lucrative offers, allow his contract saga to drag on to the point of being a free agent, and chew through a few managers?

let’s face it, he’s well established as a top 5 NRL player. If he does feel that way it’s his own selfishness. It’s a team sport, hell nowadays a club sport, but if he’s kicking stones cause he may not be getting showered with praise for try assists or kickin a goal, then that’s the very reason why I don’t want him anywhere near Souths.

Dual premiership winner because of the players that were around him. Take them away, and the bargaining power he has is gone.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If what you think is true and Latrell is feeling undervalued, why the f**k would he turn down more lucrative offers, allow his contract saga to drag on to the point of being a free agent, and chew through a few managers?

let’s face it, he’s well established as a top 5 NRL player. If he does feel that way it’s his own selfishness. It’s a team sport, hell nowadays a club sport, but if he’s kicking stones cause he may not be getting showered with praise for try assists or kickin a goal, then that’s the very reason why I don’t want him anywhere near Souths.

Dual premiership winner because of the players that were around him. Take them away, and the bargaining power he has is gone.

I think the answer to your first question is quite simple. He always wanted to play for Souths. Besides our connections to the indigenous community I wouldn’t be able to tell you why, but I can take a guess.

-He’s turned down way better offers from clubs that were lower on the 2019 ladder because he knows he can create his own legacy at a club that has a solid roster and is a few signings away from being premiership material.
-The Roosters 2019 team is easily one of the best teams the NRL will see for a long time. Yes Rugby league is a team sport but as a individual player who wants to retire at 30 he probably wants to make an imprint on the game and lets be honest when you think of the roosters 2019 the first player that comes to mind is Cronk right? I can understand the under appreciation. He wants to be known for his own game. Surely you can appreciate that?
-Mitchell is really close with Walker and Roberts. I don’t believe he has the same friendships with any other players to the same level at any other team. They’re all extremely proud of their aboriginal heritage and Souths has a large indigenous following.

I see your concern but I also feel as if you’re not seeing how good he could be with the right guidance. He has the motivation and the talent which in my opinion is a rare combination. There’s no way he will feel under appreciated at Souths. He will be treated like the next Greg Inglis by Souths supporters. He’ll never get anything close to that by staying at the Roosters playing at left centre his whole career.