What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

OldPanther

Coach
twitter panthers-stadium-rd18-01.png

giphy.gif

seal

Juniors
A few things I noticed in today’s opposed session:

- Kurt Capewell training on the right edge from start to finish

- Isaah Yeo and Liam Martin both playing strictly in the middle

- Moses Leota with the reserve grade side

- Jarome Luai at 5/8 (if there was still any doubt about that)

- Cleary‘s goal-kicking spot on, just a few weeks back from toe surgery.

But most importantly, a great day to raise some much needed funds for our firefighters!

franklin2323

Immortal
A few things I noticed in today’s opposed session:

- Kurt Capewell training on the right edge from start to finish

- Isaah Yeo and Liam Martin both playing strictly in the middle

- Moses Leota with the reserve grade side

- Jarome Luai at 5/8 (if there was still any doubt about that)

- Cleary‘s goal-kicking spot on, just a few weeks back from toe surgery.

But most importantly, a great day to raise some much needed funds for our firefighters!

Add to that even at training Kikau is hard to contain

kinghippo

Juniors
So the open session was game drills complete with refs.

Backline was this:

Edwards
Mansour
Naden
Whare
MWZ (To’o injuried)

Leota was in NSW Cup as was Burns

They had this backline

Laurie
Staines
Jed
Crichton
Aekins
Burton
Luke

That first grade backline is horrible. Hopefully it’s not how we start the year.

MWZ as next cab off the rank is also a bit disappointing, I would of liked to see Naden on the wing and creighton in.

Anyway early days yet, hopefully Ivan will pick players on form.

franklin2323

Immortal
That first grade backline is horrible. Hopefully it’s not how we start the year.

MWZ as next cab off the rank is also a bit disappointing, I would of liked to see Naden on the wing and creighton in.

Anyway early days yet, hopefully Ivan will pick players on form.

looking back at those training videos. Crichton has had injury so is playing catch up. Also though you are harding going to show your hand this far out from the season. Trials will show more

Dave's mate

Juniors
Yeah with the new (utterly ridiculous) rule of not being able to tackle the attacking player in the air Sauce will be out of the side very quick I think.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah with the new (utterly ridiculous) rule of not being able to tackle the attacking player in the air Sauce will be out of the side very quick I think.

I think you are over estimating the affect that rule will have but yeah Crichton is Flegg age. It is a long season and we always get injuries

Dave's mate

Juniors
I think you are over estimating the affect that rule will have but yeah Crichton is Flegg age. It is a long season and we always get injuries
He can't jump and now he can't do anything to stop a try. He will struggle massively unless he swaps with his centre on the 4th and 5th which is way too complicated. Love the bloke but this will be bad

franklin2323

Immortal
He can't jump and now he can't do anything to stop a try. He will struggle massively unless he swaps with his centre on the 4th and 5th which is way too complicated. Love the bloke but this will be bad

Watch Burns 1st try in FG. He was out jumped had Lino playing for the ball and still scored. So won’t be as simple as win the jump.

Mansour is strong can strip at the ball. A few are the same boat across the comp

OldPanther

Coach

Even if it's not as bad for a lot of players Mansour is at a particular disadvantage having this specific weakness.