What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Signs

SnowDragon

Juniors
I like black based jersey’s, especially in the supporter gear!

Also as an alternate strip. Many sporting teams (especially soccer in Europe) use a non-standard colour as an alternate strip. But if you guys need another issue to fight over go ahead :rofl:

Dragonsamy

Bench
I like black based jersey’s, especially in the supporter gear!

Also as an alternate strip. Many sporting teams (especially soccer in Europe) use a non-standard colour as an alternate strip. But if you guys need another issue to fight over go ahead :rofl:

It wouldn't be my choice but if there selling then marketing would be happy

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
I note that comprehension skills are still sadly lacking by interlopers of other people's conversations.
Evidently an entire conversation surrounding a Roy Ferguson Football Card where he is wearing an "a" typical Red & White St George Jersey of the 1970's but wearing black shorts and the potential reasons why he might be wearing those black shorts in an era where pre season cups and mid week football was played and we normally wore white shorts has some relevancy to 1921 when we wore an entirely different playing strip.
A post saying Fego had a heap of black shorts left over from his playing days at Wests and gave everyone a pair when he started at Saints would have been more relevant.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I don' t have a dog in the shorts fight but...View attachment 35306
When I got to watch the Dragons was only on the ABC in those days. Remember watching the 1975 GF at a club on the Mid Nth Coast and remember Norman May in the audience. Watched the game and replay and a third time. How bloody painful was that 38 to 0. And don't remember Black Shorts but Change had White Boots. And wasn't Roy a Champion. Get over the arguing men we gave a tough year coming up we need to pull together not apart.

Old Timer

Coach
When I got to watch the Dragons was only on the ABC in those days. Remember watching the 1975 GF at a club on the Mid Nth Coast and remember Norman May in the audience. Watched the game and replay and a third time. How bloody painful was that 38 to 0. And don't remember Black Shorts but Change had White Boots. And wasn't Roy a Champion. Get over the arguing men we gave a tough year coming up we need to pull together not apart.
I was on the hill watching it live with my brother and our aunty who was a great dragons fan.
We had her standing on Reschs Pilsener (silver bullets) steel cans we had stuck together with sticky tape and the hill was awash with broken foam esky and spilt beer.
Long way home that day.
Fergo was a great player especially for us and if he had had better hands he probably would have played for Australia.
I met him on more than a few occasions and he was an even better bloke and an extremely funny man to have a few beers with.

denis preston

First Grade
Unsigned by the Dragons...does not mean he has not signed elsewhere.
The only put signed at other 1st grade level clubs info or SL

You know, this what baffles me.Sad to see him go and suspect he was shafted by Mcf**ker BUT why hasn't 15 other clubs picked him up ? Perhaps the word has gone around ?

BLM01

First Grade
You know, this what baffles me.Sad to see him go and suspect he was shafted by Mcf**ker BUT why hasn't 15 other clubs picked him up ? Perhaps the word has gone around ?
Exactly. Melbourne have taken him back but only to their feeder but still has potential but people still dont realise that CC is a vastly different level to NRL..and in both levels the overreliance on stats which some numbnut coaches and media commentators do without actually watchin what is going on..(no names mentioned).
I remember more recently Luke Page, Shannon Wakeman, Lloyd Perrett and many others are big sensation props skittling people from the lower grade..but for some that is where it ends until they mature more or for evermore
Timm may make NRL but there are parts to his game or even training ethic that obviously are not NRL standard or ready + with McOut of Here...another personality clash of I am the worlds best coach and you will play Dragons Footy my way

denis preston

First Grade
Exactly. Melbourne have taken him back but only to their feeder but still has potential but people still dont realise that CC is a vastly different level to NRL..and in both levels the overreliance on stats which some numbnut coaches and media commentators do without actually watchin what is going on..(no names mentioned).
I remember more recently Luke Page, Shannon Wakeman, Lloyd Perrett and many others are big sensation props skittling people from the lower grade..but for some that is where it ends until they mature more or for evermore
Timm may make NRL but there are parts to his game or even training ethic that obviously are not NRL standard or ready + with McOut of Here...another personality clash of I am the worlds best coach and you will play Dragons Footy my way
Irrespective,playing well enough to make the Canterbury cup team of the year would suggest at least a couple of games of NRL to see how he goes, particularly when at the time last year we had forwards playing busted & injured and we couldn't make the 8. This is a real mystery .

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Exactly.
Its also interesting to note that both Timm and Kerr were from the Melbourne system and they didnt try very hard to keep them. I think its the same with Patrick Kaufusi.
3 props all discarded from their system.
We have put a lit of time into Kerr and he started to show glimpses of potential towards the end of 2019. He has to deliver in 2020.
As far as Timm, well there does seem ti be an issue there. Let go by Melb, let gi by us, now only signed as a feeder player.
You'd think someone with that much potential would have been snapped up to a few clubs top 30 makes you wonder! However che should have been given at least a game or two in NRL, especially given JG form late in the season.

BLM01

First Grade
Irrespective,playing well enough to make the Canterbury cup team of the year would suggest at least a couple of games of NRL to see how he goes, particularly when at the time last year we had forwards playing busted & injured and we couldn't make the 8. This is a real mystery .
No mystery...our coach unravels that mystery
But was he up to it....but with the way we were going...I get your drift and what is reserve grade for then if not for promotion / relegation

Belta

Juniors

I do see your argument, he’s not attracting a lot of attention, I’m not sure if he will make it either or If anyone is looking at him as a potential FG player, they may be and we are not aware?

Admittedly this is one of my old discussions rehashed but I still hold the belief that his non-selection was baffling. I have no expertise. I have no credentials. All I have is a strong belief that League is essentially a simple game. I believe you need momentum. I believe you must have forwards capable of attracting multiple defenders and getting decent PCM. By doing so you get the field position for your attacking plays, and in doing so you also create time and distance by having your opposing team back pedaling.

Now as I watched last season unfold (Other then Vaughan) our forwards on the whole struggled in this department. (contributing factors being player selections, player burnout, fatigue and injuries) The forwards were easily stopped by a single defender, stopped dead in their tracks and easily man handled. I’ve posted stats and rambled on about it many times about how we were dead last on PCM

Im not saying that stats are everything but the size, shape, position Timm played combined with his stats should of seen him as a front runner. He everything right for a young man to fulfill his dream of making his NRL debut.

This article I found on Zero Tackle (admittedly not a great place to source info but anyway) supports this belief and emphasises your suspicion that he was shafted by Mcf....ker

“Currently languishing in 14th with only seven wins for the year, the Dragons’ forward pack have copped their fair share of criticism with only NSW Origin representative Paul Vaughan averaging over 100 running metres amongst the Dragons’ previously lauded forward pack.

This is where my problem with McGregor lies, surely a quality first-grade coach would recognise these deficiencies and bring in another squad member.

Step in, Lachlan Timm. Having joined the Dragons at the beginning of the 2019 season after a successful junior career at the Storm, Timm has been arguably the best player in the Canterbury Cup in 2019.

The former Queensland under 20 representative currently tops the competition for post-contact metres with 1204, tackles with 691, total runs, and run metres averaging 165 per match.”

getsmarty

Immortal
I do see your argument, he’s not attracting a lot of attention, I’m not sure if he will make it either or If anyone is looking at him as a potential FG player, they may be and we are not aware?

Admittedly this is one of my old discussions rehashed but I still hold the belief that his non-selection was baffling. I have no expertise. I have no credentials. All I have is a strong belief that League is essentially a simple game. I believe you need momentum. I believe you must have forwards capable of attracting multiple defenders and getting decent PCM. By doing so you get the field position for your attacking plays, and in doing so you also create time and distance by having your opposing team back pedaling.

Now as I watched last season unfold (Other then Vaughan) our forwards on the whole struggled in this department. (contributing factors being player selections, player burnout, fatigue and injuries) The forwards were easily stopped by a single defender, stopped dead in their tracks and easily man handled. I’ve posted stats and rambled on about it many times about how we were dead last on PCM

Im not saying that stats are everything but the size, shape, position Timm played combined with his stats should of seen him as a front runner. He everything right for a young man to fulfill his dream of making his NRL debut.

This article I found on Zero Tackle (admittedly not a great place to source info but anyway) supports this belief and emphasises your suspicion that he was shafted by Mcf....ker

“Currently languishing in 14th with only seven wins for the year, the Dragons’ forward pack have copped their fair share of criticism with only NSW Origin representative Paul Vaughan averaging over 100 running metres amongst the Dragons’ previously lauded forward pack.

This is where my problem with McGregor lies, surely a quality first-grade coach would recognise these deficiencies and bring in another squad member.

Step in, Lachlan Timm. Having joined the Dragons at the beginning of the 2019 season after a successful junior career at the Storm, Timm has been arguably the best player in the Canterbury Cup in 2019.

The former Queensland under 20 representative currently tops the competition for post-contact metres with 1204, tackles with 691, total runs, and run metres averaging 165 per match.”

Yeah..BUT we are talking about mcGregor...this is the guy who plays JDB @ halfback and leaves a halfback on the bench and brings him on for the last 15 mins when the game is over.

This is the coach who hooks aitken @ halftime after Parra score 4 tries down his side. He brings on Kurt mann for the 2nd half and parra doesn't score again.The following week the same coach then Drops Mann and re instates Aitken.

There is no logic to anything he does....Sooner he is gone the better....

blacksafake

First Grade
Yeah..BUT we are talking about mcGregor...this is the guy who plays JDB @ halfback and leaves a halfback on the bench and brings him on for the last 15 mins when the game is over.

This is the coach who hooks aitken @ halftime after Parra score 4 tries down his side. He brings on Kurt mann for the 2nd half and parra doesn't score again.The following week the same coach then Drops Mann and re instates Aitken.

There is no logic to anything he does....Sooner he is gone the better....
Exactly.:thumbsup:
Not forgetting having Dufty on the bench early in the year:thinking::weary:

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Whilst I agree he should have been given at least a game, tye fact still remains he'll be 24 this year, yet to play a 1st grade game either with us or the Storm. As you say, he's a former junior rep player but take a line through Luke Page (although he's played 1 NRL game).
Both 6'1"
Timm 111kg, Page 108kg
Page won Q Cup player of the year
Timm in the CC team of the year
Page a Papua New Guinea rep player
Timm a junior rep player

Both showed enormous potential but are now both in Q Cup teams and unsigned to any NRL team.

Makes you wonder why hey? Obvious has more ti do with other factirs other than playing ability.

Belta

Juniors
Whilst I agree he should have been given at least a game, tye fact still remains he'll be 24 this year, yet to play a 1st grade game either with us or the Storm. As you say, he's a former junior rep player but take a line through Luke Page (although he's played 1 NRL game).
Both 6'1"
Timm 111kg, Page 108kg
Page won Q Cup player of the year
Timm in the CC team of the year
Page a Papua New Guinea rep player
Timm a junior rep player

Both showed enormous potential but are now both in Q Cup teams and unsigned to any NRL team.

Makes you wonder why hey? Obvious has more ti do with other factirs other than playing ability.

It’s definitely going to be a wait and see. Also I’m not saying I’m right or wrong, but for arguments sake when you look at his path thus far, firstly as a 22 yr old up coming prop trying to get a run behind a strong successful Melb pack would be difficult and the fact he never got a run wouldn’t pigeonhole him as a reserve grader, that same prop comes to the dragons, stands out in CC, whilst our FG teams flounders at the bottom of the table would certainly rock his confidence. Time will tell, I hope he persists, because if he shows the same results in CC I’m fairly confident he’ll get his chance. I wish him all the best.

Old Timer

Coach
James Graham will play 1st grade every time despite how abysmal he goes yet up & comers get zero opportunities.
Graham has offered SFA other than a few rants at our team and chasing hard on a few occasions to make the oppositions kick for goal more difficult after a run away try.
He has missed plenty of tackles in amongst concussions and has been dominated by the defence in respect of running metres. Would rather have kept Timm for this year and released Graham
K Sims did break an arm so some allowances but when fit still looked toothless in our regime but will still get picked every time.
Kafusi the icing on the cake of shit selection policy.

possm

Coach
James Graham will play 1st grade every time despite how abysmal he goes yet up & comers get zero opportunities.
Graham has offered SFA other than a few rants at our team and chasing hard on a few occasions to make the oppositions kick for goal more difficult after a run away try.
He has missed plenty of tackles in amongst concussions and has been dominated by the defence in respect of running metres. Would rather have kept Timm for this year and released Graham
K Sims did break an arm so some allowances but when fit still looked toothless in our regime but will still get picked every time.
Kafusi the icing on the cake of shit selection policy.
Graham should have retired on medical grounds at the end of the 2019 season. Such a retirement would have made the way for the recruitment/promotion of a substitute prop. In my opinion, the Dragons will regret not following Souths example in this respect.

Crush

Coach
Graham should have retired on medical grounds at the end of the 2019 season. Such a retirement would have made the way for the recruitment/promotion of a substitute prop. In my opinion, the Dragons will regret not following Souths example in this respect.
Graham doesn't want to retire though. He wants to continue playing Rugby League in the NRL at Dragons. He's contracted. What do you expect the club to do? Hold a gun to his head and force him to retire when he doesn't want to?