What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Kilkenny

Coach
Moylan has rejected the tigers apparently, nice to see he still has some standards.

Could have been a good move for Matt his two years at the Sharks have been a little underwhelming and you have to think the Sharks are keen to move at least one of there highly paid backs on. He needs a good 2020, injury free otherwise his only options to extend his playing career will be in the ESL.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Could have been a good move for Matt his two years at the Sharks have been a little underwhelming and you have to think the Sharks are keen to move at least one of there highly paid backs on. He needs a good 2020, injury free otherwise his only options to extend his playing career will be in the ESL.
He was excellent in 2018 at 5/8. Carved us up 3 times

Kilkenny

Coach
He was excellent in 2018 at 5/8. Carved us up 3 times

Very true and very painful. Saved his best when he played against us.

Doesn’t alter the fact he hasn’t enjoyed a consistent period of good form for some time now and a significant proportion of Sharks fans would not be heart broken if he was to move on.

roofromoz

First Grade
A couple of kids currently playing for St. Marys-Penrith Cougars who are yet to make their NRL debuts but are bright future prospects:

ProGordon.jpg

ProWallace.jpg

martielang

Bench
Fui is a capable backrow option. Would of been good to see him for more than 6 minutes in the backrow as opposed to being hung out to dry at centre every time he got an opportunity.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
He played the opening rounds off the bench and was bog average.

A shirtgrabber too.
I see the potential in him and a coach like Bellamy would probably be the best for him. Train him hard and iron out all the crap in his game.

Unfortunately I don't see Mary McGregor helping his game much.

betcats

Referee
I saw a few of his games at the back end of the season in NSW Cup and still think he has something to offer so hope he goes well at the Dragons.

I wish him all the best for sure but I just can’t think he is any kind of loss. Capewell is a better player and if he’s not there Burns would be up next instead of tyrell imo.

betcats

Referee
A shirtgrabber too.
I see the potential in him and a coach like Bellamy would probably be the best for him. Train him hard and iron out all the crap in his game.

Unfortunately I don't see Mary McGregor helping his game much.

He isn’t terrible by any means but I just think at best he is a solid starter but probably more of a benchie...

I think Bellamy would be the best for most nrl players, he and Robinson just seem to be a cut above atm.

roofromoz

First Grade
North Queensland Toyota Cowboys playmaker Te Maire Martin has today announced his immediate retirement from rugby league.

Martin has been sidelined since suffering a bleed on the brain in April last year.

While the 24-year-old has made significant strides in his recovery, he has not improved to the point required to receive a clearance to return to full contact.

"The last nine months have been extremely difficult," Martin said.

"I'd like to reassure everyone that I'm doing well and I have recovered to the point where my day to day life isn't affected, but I can't get past the contact stage of training, which means I can't play footy anymore.

"I'd like to thank the Cowboys for their unwavering support - they could not have done any more for me, particularly the medical staff - as well as the club's members and fans for their well wishes."

Cowboys Director of Football Peter Parr spoke glowingly about Martin when farewelling the Kiwi international.

"We'd like to thank Te Maire for everything he's done for the club. He's been a wonderful contributor since he's been here, he played in a grand final and off the field has had a significant impact on everyone at the club," Parr said.

"It's always sad when someone of his age has to retire, but there's also positives in that he's made significant improvements in his health. We've been given every indication he'll be able to live a normal life and that is far more important than him playing football.

"We're sad to see Te Maire go given he's such a great bloke, but he'll always be welcome at our club and we'll never forget what he's done for us in his time here."

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34324-cowboys-confirm-retirement-of-te-maire-martin/

Kilkenny

Coach
Very sad.

He exit from our club was also sad given all the well documented innuendo’s around the reasons why. For the record I have it on good authority they were unfounded allegations and his exit was more to do with a fall out with the then head coach but others are convinced otherwise and we’ll probably never know the truth.

Anyway great kid and such a shame.