What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

taipan

Referee
When Ron Coote( a guy I greatly admire) states he could have saved his house near Lake Conjola, if he had been allowed to clear around his house,biut was not allowed to do so.That gives some idea of some of the problems involved.

Yes it's getting hotter,the NPWS were restrictive in their clearance of fuel loads, yes the Govt and Schmo had got caught out at times, yes we have a lot of sick lowlife arsonists who took advantage of the situation and just as low looters.

When I see people go to Brazilian embassies and protest the clearing of the massive Amazon jungle, go to Chinese,Indian and US embassies and protest their massive reliance on fossil fuels, tell film stars to stop gallivanting around the world in private jets or on regular runs,I'll join em.

If you have a diesel that is over boosting & blowing a shytload, will it change the climate? Asking for a friend.
Lol . What do you think ? itll add to it moron . At the moment I got no better alternative and Im a small cog in growing food for the 7 billion and trying to kleep my business and family going. Why dont you do Alan jones advanced course on Global; warming ? Im told they actually break open the bag of rice and count the grains and number them . Very scientific stuff. I think Millers nose is doing it but struggling to get a pass. BTW my tractor isnt "overboosting" My equipments old and worn but I know how to maintain it nurse it along and keep it going . Good try but ,smart boy!

Last edited:
When Ron Coote( a guy I greatly admire) states he could have saved his house near Lake Conjola, if he had been allowed to clear around his house,biut was not allowed to do so.That gives some idea of some of the problems involved.

Yes it's getting hotter,the NPWS were restrictive in their clearance of fuel loads, yes the Govt and Schmo had got caught out at times, yes we have a lot of sick lowlife arsonists who took advantage of the situation and just as low looters.

When I see people go to Brazilian embassies and protest the clearing of the massive Amazon jungle, go to Chinese,Indian and US embassies and protest their massive reliance on fossil fuels, tell film stars to stop gallivanting around the world in private jets or on regular runs,I'll join em.

I dont know about that one but will say this My house also has trees and scrub surrounding . I have cleared what I can on my own Couldnt give a toss about "not allowed to " If I hear that I say "SAFETY Concerns .... Litigation" ... Works every time I havent cleaned up as much as I would like No Time No Equiptment , No Help- . Maybe if some people realised the seriousness of the situation and were wil;ling to actually give up some of their free weekends , Holidays etc and actually get their hands dirty helping, it would not only help ,but be appreciated . Not likely is it . No Hero Brownie points for that. Easier to blame greens and keep electing Denialists . Anyof you in the Shire ever actually attended SCOMOS happy clappers and see what They think about Global Warming ? Bit of a pointer to what he really thinks about it . Try and speak up and see how tolerant they are of opinions other than theirs.

Yeah. If the greenies hadn’t held labor to ransom 10 years ago we would have had a whole different carbon trading scheme. If Abbott/Dutton hadn’t gunned for Malcolm, then a different ETS would be in place.

To blame 1 guy for this is absurd
Agreed .But to give him another shot at continuing the madness is more absurd.

ohh ffs .
would’ve it have even mattered who you voted for?
The government here has chopped and changed every bunch of years forever.
How the f**k can global warming be blamed on only one of them?...or one prime minister?
This is the one and ONLY point you have . Agreed Shorten was held to ransom by unions . Not good enough . Hes Gone.. Morrison has shown he really doesnt get it Punt them all till we get sone that do get it . If none do DONT VOTE!

Sorry I forgot ..... Defers FFS about the Scomo Haters rant Yeah agree How could he say Abbot is a great human on personal level ? He funded and encouraged persuit of Hanson, and she was gaoled for political reasons when her only crime was stupidity. Never had decency to take on her "policies " Great Guy !

How many millions of years has planet earth been around for and people are claiming to know exactly what is happening off what at most 150 to 200 years of data???

And when the data makes a mockery of the bull shyte that gets spread the mad scientists go and alter it to try and press their case to continue their lies and drama so they can keep earning and justify the huge salaries.

Thank God in this Country at least only the minority are morons.

Even though you’d think with their whinging and whining that they are the majority of this Countries thoughts. Before last years Federal Election every lefty and greeny said it was an Election for Climate Change. When they got humiliated and shocked by the result they didn’t want to say it was an Election on Climate change because they didn’t want the pain of defeat on their idiotic crusade.

Just think of the idiotic notion that you can actually change the earth’s climate. And even if it was possible which it is not, that you could get all countries in the world to co operate to do so. Whatever stupidity that would entail and hardship put on everyday families for zero result. The earth will continue to do whatever it has done over the many millions of years and will continue to do it no matter what human footprint is cast on this planet.

The silent majority will get on with their lives but will speak every 3 years at Federal Election time to give the lefties and greenies a kick in the nuts and a reality check on who runs this Country.

You just couldn’t wipe the smile off my face with last years Election result. I’ve never laughed so much in my life watching and listening to the bewildered minority after it.

What % do you sell to Australia?

LOLOL I sell to suncoast gold . They crack value add to some and only sell kernal . Theres another mob in town gives a bit more and sells nut in shell direct to China . You worried about Price in Australia? I had at least Two ton nuts could not pick up due to damage to trees leaves , inaccessibility etc You want cheap nuts ? come to my place Ill give you a room to stay , you pick up nuts manually in thje difficult places and Ill give you 50 % of Price I get . I have worked out that two people working im tandem should get about 40 dollars an hour each doing it but takes HARD work and co operation .. Probably not how you like spending your holidays aye ? China got plenty cheap labour to pick up nuts . They also got more trees than us . So does South Africa. What s your Brilliant point Then ?

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
I dont know about that one but will say this My house also has trees and scrub surrounding . I have cleared what I can on my own Couldnt give a toss about "not allowed to " If I hear that I say "SAFETY Concerns .... Litigation" ... Works every time I havent cleaned up as much as I would like No Time No Equiptment , No Help- . Maybe if some people realised the seriousness of the situation and were wil;ling to actually give up some of their free weekends , Holidays etc and actually get their hands dirty helping, it would not only help ,but be appreciated . Not likely is it . No Hero Brownie points for that. Easier to blame greens and keep electing Denialists . Anyof you in the Shire ever actually attended SCOMOS happy clappers and see what They think about Global Warming ? Bit of a pointer to what he really thinks about it . Try and speak up and see how tolerant they are of opinions other than theirs.

Coote spelt it out on Tv, when interviewed, he had nothing to gain by pretending it didn't happen.
FWIW ,my daughter lived at Gymea Bay for a few years, and had a gum tree right near the house, and needed to trim it back.This stuffing around with Council to get the go ahead was unbelievable. She had a tree also near the front causing problems, so I decided stuff that, and cut and pulled the bastard out myself with a couple of mates.
I get a call from my wife at work many years ago, she's had a car accident ,a large branch from a tree off Caringbah Road fell on her bonnet whilst driving and missed either killing her or doing serious harm.A person who lived opposite to where the tree was located, noted the council was aware of this tree having issues and still did nothing.I rang them and they didn't want to know me, and I could have ended up a widower.And I paid for the repair excess naturally.

I don't blame wholly any specific group, all have played their part in where we are at.Everyone has a view on the matter.I Blame hypocrisy when overseas film stars tell us what to do, and they flit around the world guzzling gas.Big cars, big houses, big egos.
I put it to you this way,I suggested even some Happy Clappers know there's global warming, the friggin summers are far hotter and last longer.
Morrison(at times a tad disconnected) is not an out and out climate denialist, he is trying to balance getting under the 26-28% below the 2005 figure by 2030 as agreed in 2015,without turfing huge numbers of people out of work ,Craig Kelly is an out and out denialist,so is Allan Jones.

Even Albo stated you can't just shut down coal industries ,as other countries will take up the slack and flog it to China.and the problem still remains.As did Fitzgibbon in the Hunter.

The point is, is it just only burning fossil fuels, when the Amazon ,and SE Asian jungles are being cleared ,they produce oxygen.And the countries with the 3 biggest populations are causing the bulk of the problem, yet demos will not spell that issue out.They are also in denial.
They are shaming people now for flying ,is that tolerance?

No one side is tolerant of the matter.I'v seen it in debates ,at demos ,on Tv News.To offer any alternate,differing view or suggestion you are called a f...kwit.

Latest posts