What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

TheParraboy

Staff member
oh gosh, run out stuffed up by ireland now
chaos by the batsman and fielders
both batsman were basically at the same end at one point lol

2 from 2

A mate of mine sent me this... I'd never seen it nor was aware of it before until now. Even though Wasim Akram is my #1 best bowler of all time...

Surely this is one of, if not, THE best ball of all time........ So good it couldn't convince the umpire it was out..
Has there been any better??

TheParraboy

Staff member
How much did Wasim benefit from ball tampering?

https://scroll.in/field/873457/watc...eaking-on-ball-tampering-on-a-tv-show-in-1994

However, in his 1994 autobiography, Imran Khan admitted that he tampered with the ball to the extent of using a bottle top. It was a startling admission which concerned a county match between Sussex and Hampshire in 1991.

“The ball was not deviating at all,” Imran is quoted as saying. “So I got the 12th man to bring on a bottle top and it started to move around a lot. I occasionally scratched the side [of the ball] and lifted the seam.”

This Channel 4 interview from 1994 – which was conducted after the book was released – is worth a watch because it shows how widely accepted ball-tampering is in the professional cricket world and why it will perhaps never go away:

The great Waqar

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23236097/waqar-first-fined-ball-tampering

Waqar was suspended for one match and fined 50 percent of his match fee. He missed today's crucial encounter against Sri Lanka. Azhar Mahmood was fined 30 percent of his match fee as well as warned.

Pakistani fast bowlers including Wasim Akram have been alleged in the past mostly by the English media for altering the shape of the ball, but the allegations were never proved until today's findings.

The TV footage shown, however, does clearly focus Waqar working furiously on the ball with his nails.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
How much did Wasim benefit from ball tampering?

https://scroll.in/field/873457/watc...eaking-on-ball-tampering-on-a-tv-show-in-1994

However, in his 1994 autobiography, Imran Khan admitted that he tampered with the ball to the extent of using a bottle top. It was a startling admission which concerned a county match between Sussex and Hampshire in 1991.

“The ball was not deviating at all,” Imran is quoted as saying. “So I got the 12th man to bring on a bottle top and it started to move around a lot. I occasionally scratched the side [of the ball] and lifted the seam.”

This Channel 4 interview from 1994 – which was conducted after the book was released – is worth a watch because it shows how widely accepted ball-tampering is in the professional cricket world and why it will perhaps never go away:

The great Waqar

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23236097/waqar-first-fined-ball-tampering

Waqar was suspended for one match and fined 50 percent of his match fee. He missed today's crucial encounter against Sri Lanka. Azhar Mahmood was fined 30 percent of his match fee as well as warned.

Pakistani fast bowlers including Wasim Akram have been alleged in the past mostly by the English media for altering the shape of the ball, but the allegations were never proved until today's findings.

The TV footage shown, however, does clearly focus Waqar working furiously on the ball with his nails.
No sandpaper though

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Talk the charity match will same day and before the BBL Final on Sat 8/2 at MCG??

Are the assuming Stars will finish on top, or is it MCG whoever 2 are in the final??

Given how far up the ladder both Stars and Sixes, they are assuming its either MCG or SCG, however there are still a number of games left.

After last nights result you would think the Stars are miles ahead of everyone else. They still have Maxwell and Stoinis, they cant choke from here.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
There's a test series between Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe on. It's been 14 months since Zim's last test and 26 months since their last @ home.

Zimbabwe 2/189 @ stumps on the first day.