What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

Pablooo

Juniors
Who would of thought?

Souths sign Arrow.
Souths sign Latrell and still stay under the cap.
Must have a great bookkeeper.

You are forgetting they lost
GI $1M
SAM $1.1M
George $750k
Sutton $500k
Britt $250k
Turner $$400k
That’s a whopping $4M in cap space gone, I think they have change agree all their 2020 signings.

Gareth67

First Grade
The most reassuring aspect of this long running saga ( which has apparently broken the box-office record previously held by ‘Gone With The Wind’ ) is that all negotiations have been thoroughly scrutinized by the NRL which is most pleasing in itself . My only disappointment is the non-appearance of Tudd Granburg who would had added more authenticity to this staged production. :thinking:

grouch

First Grade
Mitchell would be a mistake. Nobody should touch this kid. He's likely to put on heaps of weight and go walk about.
We all want a quality centre and to be rid of our useless pair but Mitchell aint the answer.
End of.
I love that a bit of casual racism is sprinkled on top of this hilariously stupid take.

A centre who has dominated at the highest level including grand finals, was the top pointscorer two years running and is not even 23 years old yet is not worthy of our club? The hubris. Mitchell wouldn't wipe his ass with the contract we offered, as if we had the balls to even try. Never mind, Im sure we'll be much better off with ... *checks notes*.. Tyrell Fuimaono?

And the Roosters didnt tell him to take a hike - they made him a huge offer to stay, an offer bigger than the one he eventually took.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Who would of thought?

Souths sign Arrow.
Souths sign Latrell and still stay under the cap.
Must have a great bookkeeper.
And who do we sign,very average players who may or may not rise to first grade form. Souths have so many good players in their roster and still manage to buy two marquee players.

possm

Coach
I agree Gareth & I'm sick of reading & hearing all about Latrine Mitchell. The bloke gives me the shits!!
There's only 1 other person I detest more that oozes arrogance & pretends to be a NRL coach who went deep into the 2018 semifinals.
After Mitchell goes through season 2020 without incident and during our games against Souths he shows up our centres, maybe some on here will reconsider their comments. Mitchell and Arrow are quality players; two players SGI should have chased hard for.

hewi

Bench
After Mitchell goes through season 2020 without incident and during our games against Souths he shows up our centres, maybe some on here will reconsider their comments. Mitchell and Arrow are quality players; two players SGI should have chased hard for.

Absolutely.

getsmarty

Immortal

We allegedly looked into Arrow.... we cannot compete when a player has a connection with Bennett and limited 3rd Party. Nothing will change..until certain changes are made. Ask yourself this,

Who would you rather play under... ....Bennett or mcGregor...?

One will offer limited insights, while the other will have you playing to the best of your abilities...

redVinme

Juniors
Posted in NRL thread but ffs.

I know souths have the $ for Mitchell so why are they allowed to sign him so cheap?

Idc if it's one year how the nrl can claim they were going to use all nrl players to work out his market value they came up with less than that tino f signed for for the titans. Overs sure but how an aus/nsw rep moving into a spine position can sign for under 600k on the books is cooked

Gareth67

First Grade
I agree Gareth & I'm sick of reading & hearing all about Latrine Mitchell. The bloke gives me the shits!!
There's only 1 other person I detest more that oozes arrogance & pretends to be a NRL coach who went deep into the 2018 semifinals.

You are right about that Coffs . But I am sure that the wabbits , or should I say Bennett will get the best out of him and the man will return to playing his best football . The only hick-up that I can see is his new role at fullback , regardless of what Mitchell himself has said , I don’t believe that he will be suited to that position. There’s a lot more pressure at the back of the field when the high ball goes up and your the only player there to catch it .

Still he could prove me wrong and play a great game there , just hope he has a shatter against the Dragons - as I think we will be needing every break that we can get to advance up the ladder this year with knucklehead still calling the shots.

Last edited:

True_Believer

Juniors
I am bemused by the calls to sign this player or that player. Player signings are irrelevant until we get a new coach. We're not going to know exactly what we have until we get a good coach in place.

For Mitchell, the press conference by the Rabbits indicated he'd be playing fullback. So I'm going to suggest that was what he was looking for. So if we were to sign him, it would mean the loss of Lomax. All the people on here yelling to give the youth a go - would you be happy to gain Mitchell at the expense of Lomax?

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
its time to change our two centres as we are only going to get the same

Wayne Bennett confirmed in the extended interview that Mitchell will get the shot at fullback by stating that "latrell is one of the best centres in the game but he has a lot of the skills that he wants for FB"

For me that must mean that at least one or two of Gagai, AJ or Adam Doueihi would be all up for grabs especially now that Mitchells contract is in place and Arrow is still confirmed as a target for 2020 by shane richardson today

I think Adam Doueihi could convert into a much better centre then Aitken
Wayne bennett has always said he think ADs best position is centre (interview with AD confirming this)

190cm tall / 21yrs of age and 94kg plenty of time to grow bigger
Did his ACL but can play FB, Wing, Centre or 58 and i think he would be a very good value signing and maybe they will let go......Tedesco did his ACL and has come back better then ever

AJ for would be an essential signing
One of the fastest players in the NRL, try scoring machine 95kg / 185cm 82 tries
Dux of his school, Endeavour Sports High, Alex is an attacking threat whether it be at wing or fullback.