What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

THE CHAMP

First Grade
That’s a strong opinion to have. I wonder if Matterson gave a bad wrap of the club

I feel bad for the Tigers a bit, they could really have used a marquee signing like this. Do you guys want Gagai instead?

Throw in Sam Burgess and its a deal

SBD82

Coach
the Roosters offered him 800k, an increase on his previous. They’ve already paid him 3 months of that s. The 600k with an increase next season seems a reasonable market value
Trell didnt sign the $800k contract with the Roosters.

And why would they have paid him 3 months already?

Vic Mackey

Referee
That’s a strong opinion to have. I wonder if Matterson gave a bad wrap of the club

What he actually said was that he would regretted taking the first offer without looking around, it was in response to a question about why it took him so long.

He’s good mates with a number of the Tigers boys, about half a dozen of them were in the same Jnr Roos teams, including Momirovski who he lived with for years.

When you hear it it’s not a shot, No ill feelings towards Latrell at all.

BranVan3000

Coach
I’d be surprised if that were the way that it was set up. Surely Roosters would balk at paying the first 2-3 weeks of his souffs salary.
I don’t think Roosters have any ground to stand on. He was employed by Roosters for that period since Nov 1

I assume his whole salary gets deducted from the salary cap though right?

SBD82

Coach
I don’t think Roosters have any ground to stand on. He was employed by Roosters for that period since Nov 1
They’d have to wear the rep period and his leave.

I’m just talking about the time between him stepping away from the club and the end of January. Probably only nitpicking anyway and not worth spending too much time thinking about.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Ah yeah, forgot about that. Replace with Crichton then.

Crighton is an Eastern Suburbs boy through and through. His parents own a butchery in Double Bay, he went to school at Scotts College and played junior football for the Roosters before Souths signed him.

Latest posts