What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Te Maire Martin

grouch

First Grade
Sad outcome for him and I hope he recovers enough to avoid any long term brain damage. Also pretty scary for the game itself.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Dunno about more than SBW but he was incredibly talented as a junior and that proved to be the problem. He didn't need to learn the basics of the game in order to win matches.
"Dunno", as in you think it's even somewhat debatable that he's more talented than SBW?

That's a good one.

TheFrog

Coach
"Dunno", as in you think it's even somewhat debatable that he's more talented than SBW?

That's a good one.
In terms of raw talent, it's debatable. But not even on the same planet as a footballer, for reasons I thought I made clear. I thought you'd understand the point being made here but it was too much to ask.
Still, if the Wolfpack had signed Bryce at a 20th of what they're paying SBW, I think there's a fair chance they'd have got better value.

Bryce reminded me of Bill Ashurst five or six years ago when he was carving sides up in the lower grades. A few match winning performances in first grade but the last one I can think of was the semi final against Manly in '17. Things were already heading south at that stage and it has only got worse. He's barely a fringe first grader at the wooden spooners now but you just never know. There are abilities other players can only dream of. Running off to the Titans clearly wasn't the answer for him.

Umina (who still posts but under another name) posted in 2015, when Bryce was at his peak. Any club would have wanted him at that time. Kind of a footballing Syd Barrett.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench

That's a good one.
There's no way he was better or more talented than SBW. I think some fans have a biased view of SBW's abilities due to the way in which he left league. It wasn't until I saw a Bulldogs game at the awful homebush stadium that gave a view of the whole game that I realised just how good he was.

Anyway, back on topic, sad way for Martin to end his career.

Merrin back in Oz and this guy coincidently gets a bleed on the brain. Oh this is too much.

Will Moylan fall ill too?

Good luck to Te Maire. After he showed so much promise early on I was hoping he'd do something in the Kiwis jersey, but I'll always remember him as a 2017 WC failure.

typicalfan

Coach
There's no way he was better or more talented than SBW. I think some fans have a biased view of SBW's abilities due to the way in which he left league. It wasn't until I saw a Bulldogs game at the awful homebush stadium that gave a view of the whole game that I realised just how good he was.

Anyway, back on topic, sad way for Martin to end his career.
For SBW, Lolo and Haas are probably the only comparable guys since. Maybe David Fifita.