What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

How many millions of years has planet earth been around for and people are claiming to know exactly what is happening off what at most 150 to 200 years of data???

And when the data makes a mockery of the bull shyte that gets spread the mad scientists go and alter it to try and press their case to continue their lies and drama so they can keep earning and justify the huge salaries.

Thank God in this Country at least only the minority are morons.

Even though you’d think with their whinging and whining that they are the majority of this Countries thoughts. Before last years Federal Election every lefty and greeny said it was an Election for Climate Change. When they got humiliated and shocked by the result they didn’t want to say it was an Election on Climate change because they didn’t want the pain of defeat on their idiotic crusade.

Just think of the idiotic notion that you can actually change the earth’s climate. And even if it was possible which it is not, that you could get all countries in the world to co operate to do so. Whatever stupidity that would entail and hardship put on everyday families for zero result. The earth will continue to do whatever it has done over the many millions of years and will continue to do it no matter what human footprint is cast on this planet.

The silent majority will get on with their lives but will speak every 3 years at Federal Election time to give the lefties and greenies a kick in the nuts and a reality check on who runs this Country.

You just couldn’t wipe the smile off my face with last years Election result. I’ve never laughed so much in my life watching and listening to the bewildered minority after it.

Yep! Absolutely . More brilliance from the silent ones who seem to be over their timid response to unprecedented severity of Drought, temperatures and Fire season and two thousand homes burnt a 28 Lives and Billion Animals ? Continuing Fires Drought ,and looking at unprecedented Runoff polluting Waterways and lakes rivers and oceans when it does rain .

Ridiculous! What have we got ? Two hundred yrs data about Dinosaurs, Even Less about theory of evolution and natural selection . All Rubbish !! Dont beleive a bit of it . And Atomic structure ? Particle Physics ,? all that Rubbish ? DNA/ They cant even photograph an Atom how the f**k would they know What DNA looks like or some rediculous Code ? Rubbish . All those murderers , Rapists, and Pedophiles convicted on DNA evidence should be released . Its all Rubbish! And Man influencing Climate Hahaha .. The world is really big and we are only little . Look at this bag of rice!.....

Was that too many words ? I think there's a limit or something .

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2...-on-climate-change-here-are-the-f_a_22106707/

Last edited:
Well this thread has gone as expected.

I get that this was started as a dig at ScoMo and therefore makes any outrageous bashing of the other political “side” fair game. In that spirit…

So I am forced to agree with the ScoMo cheer squad that he has, by all appearances, actually won the last election and no amount of tears will drown out that reality.

I am reminded of my brother’s wise advice when I channelled Winston Churchill suggesting the election result sucked but it was less sucky than having a dictator. He said democracy may end up destroying us all. Sadly, if the wisdoms on display here are anything to go by (which they obviously are…), we are pretty much f*%#ed.

But in the enlightened spirit of Dragon Slayer’s post I can at least laugh at my foes between gasps for oxygen on this fine, smoke filled day.

And in these dark times, ScoMo has given us plenty to laugh about.

His trip to Hawaii as his home state burned was a pleasant distraction (after calling out Christine Nixon for going to dinner during the Black Saturday fires- obviously she didn’t go far enough).

His obvious knack for consoling and dealing with those directly in the fire’s fury has reassured us all about his fiscal wisdom. And we were mocking him for spending $190 000 on empathy training! He knows there is much more to be spent, but that was at least a good start (budget surplus be damned).

He may have oversold the Sydney test match, which was a bit of a fizzer, but his preppy tax payer funded ad with cute music selling us on his decisive policy making through the fire crisis was bang on. We should, after all, remain positive. It is not like anyone has died (well, at least not any firefighters). It makes you want to donate to the Liberals. Just be careful not to accidentally donate to a bushfire relief charity by mistake, that would be an actual tragedy.

And its about time someone stepped up and used our brave service men and women in a crisis like this. Too often they remain “neutral”, when the country is crying out for them to be used to support a good cause, like ScoMos Liberals.

Thankfully, we may soon have a Royal Commission into all this mess. Though that may depend on if they can get Shorten in its crosshairs (which would make it a good use of taxpayer’s funds, the moron going on about “fat cats” in his 1970s style election campaign deserves to be grilled in another Royal Commission). Hopefully we will find that cow manure is indeed a main cause of our current troubles (though maybe not in the literal way the leader of the Chinese Cotton Industry Party meant).

The coal whisperer himself may not want a royal commission, surely coal companies donate as much to his election funds as banks, and he rightly didn’t want those fine financial institutions having to disrupt the fine commerce of our country for little things like supporting paedophiles. But sensible, honest policy makers like our $80 million dollar energy minister may see it through.

I suggest letting Ross Garnaut head up the commission. That way we can safely ignore it for 10 more years until we have a decent fire emergency to bother ourselves with: one big enough to warrant the PM not leaving the country, unlike these camp fires we are dealing with.

There’ll be those who say Morrison should shove a sock down my throat. Thankfully the Jones’s of this world make up a tiny, tiny percentage of shock jocks so couldn’t actually have any effect on anything. And anyway, this time the Russian bots and Murdoch lackeys are right.

It really is about arsonists, and not climate change. Arsonists have caused a huge 1% of the fires, and only 99% have been caused by other things, least of which is climate change. I mean, as Pauline says, they can’t even tell if it will rain next week, let alone predict the climate for years (I’m with her, I’m packing bathers for a beach holiday in June in 5 years and stocking up on electric blankets for the following January. No climate model could accurately predict what it will be like then).

Luckily for us, ScoMo has perfected policy for keeping on top of troublemakers. I propose we lock up arsonists, and their children. That should serve as a deterrent and with arsonists out of the way, there is no reason we can’t enjoy decades of mild, balmy Australian summers.

With the decisive leadership ScoMo has shown recently, some say even more powerful than George W’s Katrina moment, hopefully we can all dismiss climate change as the real but not worrying phenomena that it is (actually denying it exists is sooo last decade, unless you’re Craig Kelly), and get back to worrying about real and important conservative issues, like 16 year old kids showing a social conscience (the nerve of them, what are kids coming to these days?), or Israel Folou’s unfair sacking.

No no no no no no no no no no no... That is way over 300 words Way too many !

Yep! Absolutely . More brilliance from the silent ones who seem to be over their timid response to unprecedented severity of Drought, temperatures and Fire season and two thousand homes burnt a 28 Lives and Billion Animals ? Continuing Fires Drought ,and looking at unprecedented Runoff polluting Waterways and lakes rivers and oceans when it does rain .

Ridiculous! What have we got ? Two hundred yrs data about Dinosaurs, Even Less about theory of evolution and natural selection . All Rubbish !! Dont beleive a bit of it . And Atomic structure ? Particle Physics ,? all that Rubbish ? DNA/ They cant even photograph an Atom how the f**k would they know What DNA looks like or some rediculous Code ? Rubbish . All those murderers , Rapists, and Pedophiles convicted on DNA evidence should be released . Its all Rubbish! And Man influencing Climate Hahaha .. The world is really big and we are only little . Look at this bag of rice!.....

“Unprecedented” How do you know that?

Also is global warming happening just in Australia?

Because it’s sure as hell pissing down regularly in other Countries.

But hey it’s a cool story bro.......

Also is global warming happening just in Australia?

Because it’s sure as hell pissing down regularly in other Countries.

But hey it’s a cool story bro.......

Yeah cool dude ! Itll be pissin down here eventually too The runoff will be "Unprecedented "..So I guess you dont beleive in Dinausaurs , Carbon Dating Ice core Sample data, etc etc .. Cool dude

Has the climate changed again?

Noooooo No way . Dont listen to that shite ! You can listen to David Attenburrough though . No need to turn sound down you will miss some cool info and facts about plants and animals that you can repeat to sound intelligent.. If you feel hes about to say something you dont like about Climate change just put your fingers in your ears and go LALALALALALALA till theres a picture of a cute furry baby animal playing and all the bad stuff will be over . No need to thank me for the advice , just enjoy good nature program .!

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
Hey Wibble

“his preppy tax payer funded ad with cute music selling us on his decisive policy makingthrough the fire crisis was bang on.”

actually
He was asked about this and he said his staffer made the ad in the office.
It was posted on his own Facebook page

therefore it cost nothing.

I believe him
Anyone with half a brain could’ve made that... on an iPhone.

the liberal party disclosure thing at the end was done because legally as the PM he had to because it was on own personal Facebook page.

Well this thread has gone as expected.

I get that this was started as a dig at ScoMo and therefore makes any outrageous bashing of the other political “side” fair game. In that spirit…

So I am forced to agree with the ScoMo cheer squad that he has, by all appearances, actually won the last election and no amount of tears will drown out that reality.

I am reminded of my brother’s wise advice when I channelled Winston Churchill suggesting the election result sucked but it was less sucky than having a dictator. He said democracy may end up destroying us all. Sadly, if the wisdoms on display here are anything to go by (which they obviously are…), we are pretty much f*%#ed.

But in the enlightened spirit of Dragon Slayer’s post I can at least laugh at my foes between gasps for oxygen on this fine, smoke filled day.

And in these dark times, ScoMo has given us plenty to laugh about.

His trip to Hawaii as his home state burned was a pleasant distraction (after calling out Christine Nixon for going to dinner during the Black Saturday fires- obviously she didn’t go far enough).

His obvious knack for consoling and dealing with those directly in the fire’s fury has reassured us all about his fiscal wisdom. And we were mocking him for spending $190 000 on empathy training! He knows there is much more to be spent, but that was at least a good start (budget surplus be damned).

He may have oversold the Sydney test match, which was a bit of a fizzer, but his preppy tax payer funded ad with cute music selling us on his decisive policy making through the fire crisis was bang on. We should, after all, remain positive. It is not like anyone has died (well, at least not any firefighters). It makes you want to donate to the Liberals. Just be careful not to accidentally donate to a bushfire relief charity by mistake, that would be an actual tragedy.

And its about time someone stepped up and used our brave service men and women in a crisis like this. Too often they remain “neutral”, when the country is crying out for them to be used to support a good cause, like ScoMos Liberals.

Thankfully, we may soon have a Royal Commission into all this mess. Though that may depend on if they can get Shorten in its crosshairs (which would make it a good use of taxpayer’s funds, the moron going on about “fat cats” in his 1970s style election campaign deserves to be grilled in another Royal Commission). Hopefully we will find that cow manure is indeed a main cause of our current troubles (though maybe not in the literal way the leader of the Chinese Cotton Industry Party meant).

The coal whisperer himself may not want a royal commission, surely coal companies donate as much to his election funds as banks, and he rightly didn’t want those fine financial institutions having to disrupt the fine commerce of our country for little things like supporting paedophiles. But sensible, honest policy makers like our $80 million dollar energy minister may see it through.

I suggest letting Ross Garnaut head up the commission. That way we can safely ignore it for 10 more years until we have a decent fire emergency to bother ourselves with: one big enough to warrant the PM not leaving the country, unlike these camp fires we are dealing with.

There’ll be those who say Morrison should shove a sock down my throat. Thankfully the Jones’s of this world make up a tiny, tiny percentage of shock jocks so couldn’t actually have any effect on anything. And anyway, this time the Russian bots and Murdoch lackeys are right.

It really is about arsonists, and not climate change. Arsonists have caused a huge 1% of the fires, and only 99% have been caused by other things, least of which is climate change. I mean, as Pauline says, they can’t even tell if it will rain next week, let alone predict the climate for years (I’m with her, I’m packing bathers for a beach holiday in June in 5 years and stocking up on electric blankets for the following January. No climate model could accurately predict what it will be like then).

Luckily for us, ScoMo has perfected policy for keeping on top of troublemakers. I propose we lock up arsonists, and their children. That should serve as a deterrent and with arsonists out of the way, there is no reason we can’t enjoy decades of mild, balmy Australian summers.

With the decisive leadership ScoMo has shown recently, some say even more powerful than George W’s Katrina moment, hopefully we can all dismiss climate change as the real but not worrying phenomena that it is (actually denying it exists is sooo last decade, unless you’re Craig Kelly), and get back to worrying about real and important conservative issues, like 16 year old kids showing a social conscience (the nerve of them, what are kids coming to these days?), or Israel Folou’s unfair sacking.

You poor thing.

You’ve never been through a bushfire season before or a drought.

You must be in a state of shock.

Oh and for you and that battered fake to keep mentioning Alan Jones as an idiot and not influential on public opinion. Don’t kid yourself. He has the highest rating radio show for a reason. He has his own show on Sky News channel. He knows his stuff, he does his own research and is very well connected to get access to data and access to the best experts in their field of work.

I’d appreciate it if you can write your posts on toilet paper and send it to me so I can wipe my ass with it and flush it into the sewer where they belong.. In exchange I’ll send you a box of tissues so you can wipe your tears as it seems you haven’t taken the Federal Election result too well. Most lefty/ greenies haven’t. But hey it could be worse you could be Bill “ Car Salesman “ Shorten who had a victory party on the Friday night before the Election and then arrogantly proclaimed himself to be the New Prime Minister on Saturday Morning on National TV. No wonder it took him so long to concede on Election night. They had to slap the shock out of him. Bahahaha!!!

wibble

Bench
No no no no no no no no no no no... That is way over 300 words Way too many !

I can't count. Calculus is way cooler than arithmetic.

Yep! Absolutely...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2...-on-climate-change-here-are-the-f_a_22106707/

There's no point in engaging with Dragon Slayer on this. He/she/it is still in the 1st stage of climate change denial.

All the cool kids, like ScoMo and his fans on this thread have "evolved" to a later stage of denial where you can claim you're not a denier, it's just that humans aren't causing climate change and even if they were there's nothing we can do about it.

To still be in the 1st stage with the world heating up so obviously takes some awesome skills in cognitive dissonance and /or huge cajones. To argue the point with a genuine, original, unevolved climate change denier is like talking to an anti-vaxxer about the science of inoculations, or a flat Earther about physics, or a YEC about evolution and geology.

Much as I think ScoMo is a heartless p@*ck who wouldn't hesitate to lock up a baby who pulled a face when he kissed it on the campaign trail, if he could get away with it, I do think he probably cares about some things, and maybe that includes his family (if he didn't have them just to keep the happy clappers happy, or cultivate a relatable if daggy dad image). So being a 2nd stage denialist and potentially having something to care about for the future, he might one day (perhaps once all of Australia has burned) be talked out of his climate change denial.

Of course, if he thinks his grubby coal money can keep his kids safe when he goes to sell their future, he may fully recognise climate change as an issue that is important but somewhat solvable for most people, but still might be content to sell your children's future.

Dragon Slayer, being in the conspiracy theory level of denial, has no such hope for recognising a logical argument.

I can't count. Calculus is way cooler than arithmetic.

There's no point in engaging with Dragon Slayer on this. He/she/it is still in the 1st stage of climate change denial.

All the cool kids, like ScoMo and his fans on this thread have "evolved" to a later stage of denial where you can claim you're not a denier, it's just that humans aren't causing climate change and even if they were there's nothing we can do about it.

To still be in the 1st stage with the world heating up so obviously takes some awesome skills in cognitive dissonance and /or huge cajones. To argue the point with a genuine, original, unevolved climate change denier is like talking to an anti-vaxxer about the science of inoculations, or a flat Earther about physics, or a YEC about evolution and geology.

Much as I think ScoMo is a heartless p@*ck who wouldn't hesitate to lock up a baby who pulled a face when he kissed it on the campaign trail, if he could get away with it, I do think he probably cares about some things, and maybe that includes his family (if he didn't have them just to keep the happy clappers happy, or cultivate a relatable if daggy dad image). So being a 2nd stage denialist and potentially having something to care about for the future, he might one day (perhaps once all of Australia has burned) be talked out of his climate change denial.

Of course, if he thinks his grubby coal money can keep his kids safe when he goes to sell their future, he may fully recognise climate change as an issue that is important but somewhat solvable for most people, but still might be content to sell your children's future.

Dragon Slayer, being in the conspiracy theory level of denial, has no such hope for recognising a logical argument.

Every morning I wake up happy.

I feel sorry for poor hating merkins like you that wake up angry and with anxiety that the sky is falling.

How did you feel on Election night when you thought you were going to have a party but all you did was watch a lefty/greenie funeral?

I’ve never laughed so hard!!

wibble

Bench
Oh and for you and that battered fake to keep mentioning Alan Jones as an idiot and not influential on public opinion. Don’t kid yourself. He has the highest rating radio show for a reason. He has his own show on Sky News channel. He knows his stuff, he does his own research and is very well connected to get access to data and access to the best experts in their field of work.

Are you saying that something that only makes up a tiny percentage of its broader environment can be way more influential than its relative size may suggest?

We'll have to tell Alan. He may find that amazing.

wibble

Bench
Every morning I wake up happy.

I feel sorry for poor hating merkins like you that wake up angry and with anxiety that the sky is falling.

How did you feel on Election night when you thought you were going to have a party but all you did was watch a lefty/greenie funeral?

I’ve never laughed so hard!!

Every morning I wake up with screaming children, a sore back, indigestion, and a severe caffeine deficit so you've got me covered there.

I'm not sure I've ever hated anything in my life (that isn't wearing a Sea Eagles jersey, and even that has faded) but thanks for your sympathy. Being angry helps me be motivated to try to make a better future for our children, so it is not too bad a price to pay.

I'm not sure you appreciate how poorly regarded Labor are among us lefty greenies. We lose every election, no matter which major party wins. We are used to it. If Shorten became PM the most we'd have had to look forward to is him stabbing himself in the back.

I'm quite content if extreme left politics is too radical for most people and so the pace of progressive change is slower than we lefties would like, because the world has been slowly getting better (and less conservative) for centuries, and will continue to do so with conservative governments as care takers for long periods between bursts of positive change.

But I find it difficult to find humour in our soulless, visionless, professional (as in, it is a career to them, not that they are good at it) politicians winning election after election (no matter which flavour of idiot) by treating policy making as a new variety of Coke to be marketed and discarded once a short vote profit has been made. It works well enough (as in, not well, but better than having a dictator) when "only" a minority are getting screwed for their pleasure, but when our whole planet is getting f%^&ed, I need better protection than a bit of laughter.

carcharias

Immortal
tell me something
Just say Shorten? from the Labour Party won the election .
Then the fires still came and had the exact same impact.
Would I be a climate change denier if I didn’t blame the elected PM?
A simple yes or no answer
No need for a full opinion piece.

Quicksilver

Bench

Let's say it is precedented.

Does it really make the situation any better?

Should we just keep walking down this path if it can be avoided?

If humans are causing the climate to change to a point where it won't be conducive to a good quality of life in 100 years and beyond, should we just keep doing what we're doing?

Quicksilver

Bench
tell me something
Just say Shorten? from the Labour Party won the election .
Then the fires still came and had the exact same impact.
Would I be a climate change denier if I didn’t blame the elected PM?
A simple yes or no answer
No need for a full opinion piece.

Come on, that is silly.

They have different policies so of course they should be viewed differently.

A quick turn on a dime isn't going to happen. Change will take time. But having a bloke in charge who gets up in parliament and carries on a patronising stunt with a lump of coal in his hand ain't turning the ship around. He's saying go harder and go faster. He's giving a big thumbs up to everything that has come before him.

How can I guy like this not receive blame? Especially when he decides an Hawaiian holiday is more important that a burning east coast.

carcharias

Immortal
Come on, that is silly.

They have different policies so of course they should be viewed differently.

A quick turn on a dime isn't going to happen. Change will take time. But having a bloke in charge who gets up in parliament and carries on a patronising stunt with a lump of coal in his hand ain't turning the ship around. He's saying go harder and go faster. He's giving a big thumbs up to everything that has come before him.

How can I guy like this not receive blame? Especially when he decides an Hawaiian holiday is more important that a burning east coast.

you do realise that trip was probably organised months ahead of time and he was more than likely advised he was ok to go.
I’m not saying it was the right choice to go but he didn’t just decide to f**k off on the day.

as for the other bit, the government changes every few years.
I literally lost count of who the f**k was PM.

I went to bed one night
Woke up and Kevin Rudd was gone replaced by a woman called Gillard.
She actually seemed pretty smart.
Then it seemed like only a year later , I went to bed woke up and Rudd was back in charge.
I couldn’t even remember voting.
how can you trust any of them?

Quicksilver

Bench
you do realise that trip was probably organised months ahead of time and he was more than likely advised he was ok to go.
I’m not saying it was the right choice to go but he didn’t just decide to f**k off on the day.

as for the other bit, the government changes every few years.
I literally lost count of who the f**k was PM.

I went to bed one night
Woke up and Kevin Rudd was gone replaced by a woman allied Gillard.
She actually seemed pretty smart.
Then it seemed like only a year later , I went to bed woke up and Rudd was back in charge.
I couldn’t even remember voting.
how can you trust any of them?

Who cares? He's the Prime Minister. This country is his Number 1 concern. He's paid a shitload of money to make it his number 1 priority.

I don't really trust any of them. That's why I want them held to account. And when a bloke spends most of his time selling me a particular message I'll hold him to it.

carcharias

Immortal
Who cares? He's the Prime Minister. This country is his Number 1 concern. He's paid a shitload of money to make it his number 1 priority.

I don't really trust any of them. That's why I want them held to account. And when a bloke spends most of his time selling me a particular message I'll hold him to it.

Is there really much difference?
Do you think that?

that is pretty naive .

you don’t think those massive mining companies are hedging their bets by showing support for both?
Support by donation?

Scomo’s biggest mistake was to make it public knowledge where he stands.
The next bloke won’t be so stupid.

Quicksilver

Bench
Is there really much difference?
Do you think that?

that is pretty naive .

you don’t think those massive mining companies are hedging their bets by showing support for both?
Support by donation?

Scomo’s biggest mistake was to make it public knowledge where he stands.
The next bloke won’t be so stupid.

Both parties are compromised but Labor is moving slightly further in the right direction. I'll give them a preference for that but I'm not completely on board with them.

I actually don't think it was a political mistake by Scomo to push coal. I think the general public probably mostly agrees with it. More than anything they are scared of change. Once the hype around the bush fires dies off we'll all be right behind doing the same old things again. But just because it's popular doesn't mean it's the right direction.

Latest posts