What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Posted in NRL thread but ffs.

I know souths have the $ for Mitchell so why are they allowed to sign him so cheap?

Idc if it's one year how the nrl can claim they were going to use all nrl players to work out his market value they came up with less than that tino f signed for for the titans. Overs sure but how an aus/nsw rep moving into a spine position can sign for under 600k on the books is cooked

Precisely.
Don't the nrl enforce clubs to pay market value?
They won't let you under value a player but apparantly with Souths and the Rorters, you can.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
he went on and on in his interview today that he was never a centre
played all his life as a FB
then last two years at roosters latrell had to play centre

he is super keen to be the FB and bennett endorsed that today in the interview also

plus he does end up on more coin in 2020 albeit maybe only $70k plus ie $720k this year when supposedly he was on less at the roosters

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
After Mitchell goes through season 2020 without incident and during our games against Souths he shows up our centres, maybe some on here will reconsider their comments. Mitchell and Arrow are quality players; two players SGI should have chased hard for.

Paying “overs” for Norman might have something to do with it.

Last edited:

redVinme

Juniors
Precisely.
They won't let you under value a player but apparantly with Souths and the Rorters, you can.

Supposedly it's due to money already earned. If that's the case that should come off the roosters cap...

No cronk and no Latrell now so I'd assume they will be lining up JAC as we speak. Along with whoever they get to replace Adrian Morley and sbw.

Simon

Juniors
Precisely.

Not really sure how the Bunnies are paying unders. By all reports Mitchell was on 700k for this year from the Roosters and is now getting near 720k (600k from the Bunnies plus the circa 120k the chooks already paid).

If he's on more cash then his current contract how can the NRL block it - yes he could go gotten more, but it's his call for where he goes.

Drakon

Juniors
'I want to test my value on the market'

Knocked back $950K per annum from the Tigers

Accepts $600K from the Bunnies for the rest of the year.

'It was never about the money'

Really? Pretty screwed up series of events if you ask me.

Old Timer

Coach
Wants to play FB and had Tedesco in front of him so leaving was the only viable option
The press have lost sight of the reality and used poetic license just to ramp it up.
Had the choice of Tigers with no real chance of success or bunnies with plenty of upside and a coach who might just turn him into the best FB in the game.
He has a long way to go in his career and plenty of time to do it.
My gripe with him is if you want to wear the green & gold and represent the country sing the bloody anthem or don’t make yourself available.
For the record I think the anthem should only be sung at internationals.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Wants to play FB and had Tedesco in front of him so leaving was the only viable option
The press have lost sight of the reality and used poetic license just to ramp it up.
Had the choice of Tigers with no real chance of success or bunnies with plenty of upside and a coach who might just turn him into the best FB in the game.
He has a long way to go in his career and plenty of time to do it.
My gripe with him is if you want to wear the green & gold and represent the country sing the bloody anthem or don’t make yourself available.
For the record I think the anthem should only be sung at internationals.
I agree that the anthem should only be sung before internationals and Anzac Day games. I don't think it should be sung before the origins and the grand final.

Bench
If Mitchell is fullback maybe we should have a look at the bunnies fullback who will have to step aside

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Interesting to read that souffs offered the titans either gagai or Johnston to swap for an early arrow release (they’ve said no, they want a quality forward)

I wonder if we have anyone in our camp the titans would consider and we could arrange a tri-swap deal..