What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Galeforce

Bench
BunniesMan said:
WOW. Greatest player on earth signs with the biggest club in rugby league....

When did either James Tedesco or Cameron Smith sign with Souths? :rolleyes: o_O :p

I agree with you Captain Apollo on both counts.
Latrell is certainly not the greatest player on earth (yet) and agree with your thinking that Souths are biggest club in rugby league ( though I am biased, you are not)

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
BunniesMan said:
WOW. Greatest player on earth signs with the biggest club in rugby league....

I agree with you Captain Apollo on both counts.
Latrell is certainly not the greatest player on earth (yet) and agree with your thinking that Souths are biggest club in rugby league ( though I am biased, you are not)
BOOOOO! HAW HAW HAW...?

Rhyno

First Grade
WOW. Greatest player on earth signs with the biggest club in rugby league. Souths now have by far the best backline and spine in the game..

keep dreaming bro

1. Gutherson
2. Ferguson
3.Blake
4.Jennings
5.Sivo
6.Brown
7.Moses (best half in the comp )
9.Mahoney

franklin2323

Immortal
Can’t agree, as personal future has to be factored in.

He is not a commodity, a widget .

Just because an inferior club offers overs that does not make that over inflated offer a yardstick or market value.

the Roosters offered him 800k, an increase on his previous. They’ve already paid him 3 months of that s. The 600k with an increase next season seems a reasonable market value

Roosters offered $800k. GC and WT offered $1m.. So no way can you say he is worth under $800k

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Imagine taking a pay cut to leave the Rorters and join the perennial prelim chokers lol@souffs.

Smooth brain management from Latrells team.

WOW. Greatest player on earth signs with the biggest club in rugby league. Souths now have by far the best backline and spine in the game.

It is very possible that we set an all time record for points in a season. This signing has changed the rugby league world forever.

Prediction: Our 9, 7, 6, and 1 will be playing origin this year. We will be minor premiers. We will be premiers.
And you’ll still be f**kin joke

no name

Coach
Arrow's no Sam Burgess and atm won't be here this year.
Burgess twins will be a huge loss. Prop is certainly a weakness. Cook isn't effective when he's not behind a dominant pack. Tends to overplay like he's done in 2 semifinals. Not sure about the work rate of that pack either besides Murray and Cook. Especially the interchange.
Arrow of the last two seasons is much better and more consistent than Surgess of the last two seasons.
Why do you think they medically retired the over the hill whinger?

WOW. Greatest player on earth signs with the biggest club in rugby league. Souths now have by far the best backline and spine in the game.

It is very possible that we set an all time record for points in a season. This signing has changed the rugby league world forever.

Prediction: Our 9, 7, 6, and 1 will be playing origin this year. We will be minor premiers. We will be premiers.
I didn't think there would be any positives to Latrell going to Souffs but I guess I was wrong. BunniesMan has finally returned.

Silent Knight

First Grade

All hail the return of the mighty Goldenrod.

I’m writing this while trying not to cry.

That’s just how happy I am.

We got dis.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Arrow of the last two seasons is much better and more consistent than Surgess of the last two seasons.
Why do you think they medically retired the over the hill whinger?
31 is now 'over the hill'?

Some people aren't too bright around here.

Llongyfarchiadau/congratulations Latrell, with you there and only one English international on the books now, want you to give the Chooks a good thumping this yr.

mave

Coach
Can’t agree, as personal future has to be factored in.

He is not a commodity, a widget .

Just because an inferior club offers overs that does not make that over inflated offer a yardstick or market value.

You don't think Glenn Stewart would have taken "unders" for his last contract to remain a one club player, continue to play with his brother and mates, etc.

The NRL didn't allow that, due to the market value "rule".

And funnily enough, what team were the beneficiaries of yet another discretionary ruling?

Spot On

Coach
Yeah mate, a 31 year old retired player is in prime form.
.. and a broken down player who spent more time off the field than on last few seasons. And when on the field, did pretty much nothing other than give away cheap shot penalties.

Bennett got a massive Christmas present with his retirement and he knows it. Lucky ol' Wayne.

Spot On

Coach
Btw I've found the whole saga disgraceful and can't believe a professional sport can be such a joke.

Neither do I take delight in signing the wooden Spooners best player.

An utter farce.

Gold Coast deserve everything they get.

Their recruitment of players like Cartwright and Peachey plus the overs they and Boyd got was ridiculous.

But the biggest stuff up was wanting a bloke like Hayne anywhere the near the place.

Then the coach from Penrith??? WTF?

Wasn't Graham Annesley going to turn that ship around???

Why not low ball your best player and let him walk. Puts in his best every week. But no, he is one bloke on the roster they don't want to give the cash to. WTF?????

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Lost a lot of money "on paper"

Who knows the true figure.

NRL: We are going to use every player in the nrl to work out market value.

48 hours later

NRL: done, too easy. Latrell now earns less than some non origin/aus reps but that's fine.

Cased closed

Hmm no doubt the Souths leg up is disgusting.

Latest posts