What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
Well only Latrell Mitchell falls into the star player category that were available everyone else had potential like Lomax.

People saying no one wants to come to the tigers. It's only one player we seem to have approached that doesn't want to come. If the Roosters are happy to see him go then he would be a pain to manage especially on a million a year.

Its been confirmed we presented official offers to both Mitchell and Arrow, and it was rumored we either approached or made offers to Lomax, Tetenavano, Brimson and Moylan. If you also include DWZ (mid-season), and Ryan Matterson bailing on his contract, that's 8 players (that would walk into our side) not interested in playing for Tigers in 2020.

Honestly, we have become a complete joke. Titans have better ability of signing players than we do. I'm getting to that point where I might just give up on NRL until they introduce a draft system because it seems we can't even have a fair crack at making the 8. Any young players we develop, or reserve grade rocks we turn into diamonds, just leave for better opportunities, while we are expected to get excited about fringe first graders like Luciano and Walters.

I'm deadset over it

Tigerm

First Grade
Its been confirmed we presented official offers to both Mitchell and Arrow, and it was rumored we either approached or made offers to Lomax, Tetenavano, Brimson and Moylan. If you also include DWZ (mid-season), and Ryan Matterson bailing on his contract, that's 8 players (that would walk into our side) not interested in playing for Tigers in 2020.

Honestly, we have become a complete joke. Titans have better ability of signing players than we do. I'm getting to that point where I might just give up on NRL until they introduce a draft system because it seems we can't even have a fair crack at making the 8. Any young players we develop, or reserve grade rocks we turn into diamonds, just leave for better opportunities, while we are expected to get excited about fringe first graders like Luciano and Walters.

I'm deadset over it
I'd rather be WT fan than a Titans:)
The only one I am aware of not wanting to come here was Moylan (supposedly), it's pretty obvious that LM is in that category, though he hasn't said it, the same for the others you have mentioned.
We have been a basket case for a while and have let a lot of talent go, I think we are changing that, but until we are successful on the field, then it's hard to say what the problem is. (last year it was goal kicking)
Though, I gotta say, I did think Madge would help with this (recruitment), maybe it's him? Though ATM, I'm happy he is here, but I am not a player.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I can still remember the days, when Easts & Souths were the basket case clubs.

All clubs go through it, fortunately for us, we appear to be out of it and heading up.

I can't believe Latrell would be so stupid to sign for Souths.

We are going to have to dig ourselves out of this hole the tough way but I still figure it can happen. We need a freaken break though.

BrotherJim05

Bench

All clubs go through it, fortunately for us, we appear to be out of it and heading up.

Yep, and all clubs get out of it by bloodling a few good Juniors then making key signings as they start to move up the ladder. We can't seem to do either as our Juniors leave us and nobody wants to sign with us.

Watch this space, Madge will probably bail once he gets a better offer at a good club. We are a pathway club, that's it

Vic Mackey

Referee

Yep

Politis has always said when he retires he’s moving to Greece, he’s 76, won’t be too much longer. Easts we’re heading Newtowns way in the late 80s before he got there

When Crowe gets bored of Souths/sick sick of funneling money into them they’ll go back to being a basket case

Tigerm

First Grade
Just looking at some you tube stuff & came across this.

Quickest players in the NRL-2019
10-Ponga - nights
9 -Vanivalu - storm
8 -Teddy - easts
7 -Papenhayzen - storm
6 -RTS - easts
5 -Dufty - saints
4 -LM - easts
3 -Nofo - WT
2 -To'o - panthers
1 -JAC- storm

Firstly, excuse spelling. Not sure how legit this is?
Notice both Easts & Storm have 3 each in the top 10
Surprised Nofo made it in, never mind top 3?

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep, and all clubs get out of it by bloodling a few good Juniors then making key signings as they start to move up the ladder. We can't seem to do either as our Juniors leave us and nobody wants to sign with us.

Watch this space, Madge will probably bail once he gets a better offer at a good club. We are a pathway club, that's it
Well if he bails to go to a better club, then it will be his fault, he has the say in recruitment & the club has the money to back him up.
But I don't think he will, I still think if we can get some speed, we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Mario chalmers

Juniors

I'm deadset over it

I've got it on good authority that Moylan would join WT conditional on him getting a 4 year contract. That would be a terrible deal for the club.

Matterson is a huge loss but on the flip side we will hopefully have a stronger middle next year with Musgrove returning and others like Aloiai returning from injury.

If we can pinch Stefano from the Eels for this season that would almost see us too forward-heavy.

The other forum has put forward a swap along these lines
Packer to Souths
Gagai to Melbourne
Addo Carr to WT

If we can get Stefano we can afford to lose Packer in my view.

We're stll embarrassingly short of pace in the backs and there is no goalkicker signed yet. (Anyone who thinks Momorovski is NRL standard is kidding themselves. He's the sort of player who never plays finals

Rhyno

First Grade
Just looking at some you tube stuff & came across this.

Quickest players in the NRL-2019
10-Ponga - nights
9 -Vanivalu - storm
8 -Teddy - easts
7 -Papenhayzen - storm
6 -RTS - easts
5 -Dufty - saints
4 -LM - easts
3 -Nofo - WT
2 -To'o - panthers
1 -JAC- storm

Firstly, excuse spelling. Not sure how legit this is?
Notice both Easts & Storm have 3 each in the top 10
Surprised Nofo made it in, never mind top 3?

RTS has played for the warriors since 2016

and before the usual merkins accuse me of trolling or some sh,t 7of the players on this list debuted after RTS joined the warriors

The unknown

Juniors
Nofo isn’t even remotely fast. I’ve seen him get mowed down with 10-20 metre head starts before

even 2-3 years ago I can’t recall him being that quick, are they talking about the fastest over 10 metres??

BrotherJim05

Bench
Was gonna post this on the LM thread but given its largely about South's players I'll post here.

Hearing a lot of rumours about Souths players wanting out. AJ has been talked about for a while, Gagai has been mentioned a few times but just rumours, nothing solid. Now I'm hearing Doueihi.

We have like 3 spots left for 2020 right? What are the realistic chances of us just going after all 3 in one go? Souths would definitely kick some cash in, and we would only need enough for 2020 as 2021 we will have a semi-war chest ready.

These players are by no means perfect but they tick a lot of boxes: AJ and Doueihi know what to expect from Madge, Gagai left Knights to play under Madge, and while he isn't a world beater at NRL level he has huge rep experience and would be huge for our back-line:

1. Thompson
2. Nofa
3. Gagai
4. Doueihi
5. AJ

With Mbye moving to 9

simmo05

Bench
I
Was gonna post this on the LM thread but given its largely about South's players I'll post here.

Hearing a lot of rumours about Souths players wanting out. AJ has been talked about for a while, Gagai has been mentioned a few times but just rumours, nothing solid. Now I'm hearing Doueihi.

We have like 3 spots left for 2020 right? What are the realistic chances of us just going after all 3 in one go? Souths would definitely kick some cash in, and we would only need enough for 2020 as 2021 we will have a semi-war chest ready.

These players are by no means perfect but they tick a lot of boxes: AJ and Doueihi know what to expect from Madge, Gagai left Knights to play under Madge, and while he isn't a world beater at NRL level he has huge rep experience and would be huge for our back-line:

1. Thompson
2. Nofa
3. Gagai
4. Doueihi
5. AJ

With Mbye moving to 9
Id like to see how quick Jennings is now, he is looking pretty fit!

Shredder

Juniors
Personally, I think that would be a great result BJ05.

They are all somewhat of step up and have played together so combinations shouldnt be too difficult to come by.

Honestly, I think just about all three walk into our side.

And Doueihi is a 5/8 which would help to solve succession planning.

gordsy

Juniors
I've got it on good authority that Moylan would join WT conditional on him getting a 4 year contract. That would be a terrible deal for the club.

Matterson is a huge loss but on the flip side we will hopefully have a stronger middle next year with Musgrove returning and others like Aloiai returning from injury.

If we can pinch Stefano from the Eels for this season that would almost see us too forward-heavy.

The other forum has put forward a swap along these lines
Packer to Souths
Gagai to Melbourne
Addo Carr to WT

If we can get Stefano we can afford to lose Packer in my view.

We're stll embarrassingly short of pace in the backs and there is no goalkicker signed yet. (Anyone who thinks Momorovski is NRL standard is kidding themselves. He's the sort of player who never plays finals

South forum has mentioned Packer to Souths and Gagai to us a few times. What a dud deal for us that would be.

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Thompson
2. Nofa
3. Gagai
4. Doueihi
5. AJ

With Mbye moving to 9

I can't see us getting all 3 of those players. It's too far out there at this point. Let's see what happens prior to the season starting but we may end up with what we have on the roster now.

1. Thompson
2. Nofa
3. Talau
4. Momo
5. Jennings

I'm assuming Mbye moves to 9 because we need some class in the spine. I reckon Mbye is the best chance we have at the start of the season. Reynolds or Walters as his back-up and probably getting a bench spot because Mbye playing 80 minutes is too risky over the course of the season.

Honestly that backline has to be the worst by far in the comp. Maybe Talau will turn into a good player but based on his first up performance he didn't look special. Thompson and Nofo are quality first graders. Momo and Jennings borderline first graders.

I hope we purchase some quality outside backs or those guys don't get any injuries and perform to their best.

Tiger05

First Grade
South forum has mentioned Packer to Souths and Gagai to us a few times. What a dud deal for us that would be.

I reckon that is a great deal for us but how often do these trade deals come off. Have we ever seen a trade deal ?

Why wouldn't you swap those two though ? I can't see any downside for us but plenty of upside. We need outside backs desperately and Gagai would walk into our team. I reckon Packer will struggle to make our top team next year. There is lots of competition for middle forward roles in our team.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I feel like people are panicking a bit much. We don’t have a shit side, we have an a solid one. Our pack is one of the better ones in the game, people go on about the young Broncos pack, in terms of young talent we’d be second behind them.

Our halves are a good level, and we have an origin winning 5/8 as backup.

The backline is bland. None of starting backs will be bad, however none are going to light up the field either.

Tommy Talau and Jack Madden were the Australian School Boys half pairing in 2018. On that tour of England Zac Cini was the top try scorer. Jake Simpkin and Stefano Utoikamanu are the highest rated under 20s hooker and prop in the country.

We still have 3 spots to fill in the squad with around $1.5mil to spend. In the past, in fact even 2 years ago, that would have already wasted that.

Yes we’ve missed some targets however from what I’ve heard the only 2 we really went for were Latrell and Zac Lomax.

With the squad we have now we’ll likely be around that fringe 8 again, probably 7-10. As the games best fans we deserve more success and shouldn’t have to wait any further for it, however I’m confident the club is finally getting it right.

Tigers Tale

Juniors

1. Thompson
2. Nofa
3. Gagai
4. Doueihi
5. AJ

With Mbye moving to 9

Can any of those guys kick goals Brother Jim? For that reason alone Momo gets a run. Maybe Doueihi to fullback and Momo into that centre spot. Sadly Thompson to miss out....

Latest posts