What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

betcats

Referee
loving all the spooking going on.

keep it up folks

STFU. Your Hollywood owner has obviously got the NRL CEO star struck and doing him favours. It goes back years, Remember when Sammy went to RU and Richo conveniently got a job with the NRL and convinced them to use the warchest funds to bring Sammy back to Souths? Just to show how much they don't care Richo quickly quit the nrl having done nothing but give souths a leg up and went straight back to his old job with souths. Its seriously f**king disgusting.

YoHadrian

Juniors
My heart was bleeding when I heard his interview that his Mum was upset with the media speculation. Well perhaps if you hadn't decided to be a greedy little sh*t she wouldn't have to be right but let's do the old victim narrative which all things considering is hilarious when you being paid 6 figures to throw a ball around & run a bit. W*nker.

Kudos to lol@souffs for keeping their nerve in negotiations & not letting the entitled tw*t & his entourage of idiocy get their unjust way.

Easts v lol@souffs is going to be a tasty outing this season. Bring it on.

typicalfan

Coach
What he actually said was that he would regretted taking the first offer without looking around, it was in response to a question about why it took him so long.

He’s good mates with a number of the Tigers boys, about half a dozen of them were in the same Jnr Roos teams, including Momirovski who he lived with for years.

When you hear it it’s not a shot, No ill feelings towards Latrell at all.
It's hard to blame him when actual juniors have left the club for worse reasons.

Tigers are not marquee at the moment we see this across professional sports. Madge needs to turn them into a marquee team.

no name

Coach
Gold Coast deserve everything they get.

Their recruitment of players like Cartwright and Peachey plus the overs they and Boyd got was ridiculous.

But the biggest stuff up was wanting a bloke like Hayne anywhere the near the place.

Then the coach from Penrith??? WTF?

Wasn't Graham Annesley going to turn that ship around???

Why not low ball your best player and let him walk. Puts in his best every week. But no, he is one bloke on the roster they don't want to give the cash to. WTF?????
I have to agree with all of that, except the low balling of Arrow.
The Titans made it clear they wanted him to stay and bumped up their offer to try and entice him to stay.
The Hayne signing set off a horrific period for the Titans, which doesn’t look like ending any time soon.

Spot On

Coach
The Titans made it clear they wanted him to stay and bumped up their offer to try and entice him to stay.
The Hayne signing set off a horrific period for the Titans, which doesn’t look like ending any time soon.

What was the Titans offer for Arrow?

King hit

Coach
Hayne being the reason the Titans became shit is one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard. The Gold Coast were rubbish long before he turned up. All sports fail there, I don’t understand why they still keep trying.

Zadar

Juniors
Hayne being the reason the Titans became shit is one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard. The Gold Coast were rubbish long before he turned up. All sports fail there, I don’t understand why they still keep trying.

I’d say the AFL and NRL are probably more concerned in winning over the junior development side of things, Gold Coast is the closest town from about port Macquarie and upwards to Brisbane with heaps of junior clubs to try and win over.

It will be who blinks first, but the AFL seem to have deeper pockets.

LineBall

Juniors
My heart was bleeding when I heard his interview that his Mum was upset with the media speculation. Well perhaps if you hadn't decided to be a greedy little sh*t she wouldn't have to be right but let's do the old victim narrative which all things considering is hilarious when you being paid 6 figures to throw a ball around & run a bit. W*nker.

Kudos to lol@souffs for keeping their nerve in negotiations & not letting the entitled tw*t & his entourage of idiocy get their unjust way.

Easts v lol@souffs is going to be a tasty outing this season. Bring it on.
Must be heartbreaking to see clubs wanting to pay him 3/4 of a million dollars a year.

The Rosco

Bench
WOW. Greatest player on earth signs with the biggest club in rugby league. Souths now have by far the best backline and spine in the game.

It is very possible that we set an all time record for points in a season. This signing has changed the rugby league world forever.

Prediction: Our 9, 7, 6, and 1 will be playing origin this year. We will be minor premiers. We will be premiers.
Item saved here for the inevitable and frequent bumps

Mr Spock!

Referee
Gold Coast deserve everything they get.

Their recruitment of players like Cartwright and Peachey plus the overs they and Boyd got was ridiculous.

But the biggest stuff up was wanting a bloke like Hayne anywhere the near the place.

Then the coach from Penrith??? WTF?

Wasn't Graham Annesley going to turn that ship around???

Why not low ball your best player and let him walk. Puts in his best every week. But no, he is one bloke on the roster they don't want to give the cash to. WTF?????
Gold Coast are Souths in 2000s.

We were the same.

The salary cap is a sham and not evening the comp at all.

There needs to be some sort of draft.

What we're seeing is a complete circus but no one wants to do anything about it.

Bit like the game on the field.

Spot On

Coach
Apparently the draft is a restriction of trade in the NRL. However it works in other codes.

Players union needs only sign off on it I thought. But Greenvurg bent over backwards for them in the last CBA see deal. They hold the power.

The game has no LEADERSHIP.

Knight76

Juniors
“There’s goals in my life that I want to set that money brings, but then again you’ve got to set that up.

“For the next 12 months im here I just want to keep striving for that and play some good footy.

Er, what?

He either means he has goals he wants to achieve but needs money to do it, you know, own a Bugatti etc.

Or

He means goals need to be set to become a player that attracts big money contracts.

Neither of which he achieved by signing with Souths for half the deal wests offered.

Could the NRL legally have refused to register his contract due to market value concerns? Legit question.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Apparently the draft is a restriction of trade in the NRL. However it works in other codes.

Players union needs only sign off on it I thought. But Greenvurg bent over backwards for them in the last CBA see deal. They hold the power.

The game has no LEADERSHIP.
Restriction of trade yet the AFL which has the same workplace legislation has a draft. Go figure.

It just goes to show the NRL suits are pussies that get pushed around by the RLPA.

Latest posts